Former Sunrise star's wife reveals heartache in emotional Mother's Day message

Losing a beloved pet can be a heart-wrenching moment for anyone, even more so when it happens during a time meant for celebration – which was, unfortunately, the case for Grant Denyer's wife, Chezzi.

For those of you in our Seniors Discount Club community who may not be familiar with Grant Denyer, he is a well-known TV personality, famous for his time as the star of Channel 7's Sunrise, where he charmed audiences with his charismatic presence.

Grant's wife, Chezzi, is a former Sunrise producer who has now turned to podcasting as a career. Just a few days ago, she took to her Instagram account to share some emotionally upsetting news with their fans and followers.

While the majority of Australians took time to celebrate Mother's Day, the Denyer family encountered a heartbreaking event: the loss of their cherished little budgie, Squiggles.

Chezzi Denyer posted a belated Mother's Day message on Instagram, explaining why she wasn't able to send out a timely greeting: 'A little bit late as we lost a very important pet yesterday. Our beautiful little budgie Squiggles passed away, so we spent the afternoon crying and having a funeral.'

Support and condolences poured in from fans on social media. One follower wrote, 'Despite the sad loss of your little Squiggles, I hope Mother's Day did bring you some joy,' while another added, 'Sorry to hear about your bird.'

Alongside the announcement of their heartfelt loss, Chezzi also shared a heartwarming video of her and Grant's youngest daughter, Sunday, as she adorably attempted to say 'Happy Mother's Day.'

'I hope this video helps to make you smile like it has made us this morning,' Chezzi posted with her well-wishes. 'And to all the people missing their mums this time of the year, we feel you, and we are sending you love.'

She continued: 'To all the beautiful souls wanting to become mums. We send you hugs and love. And to all those who have recently lost someone they love or a pet they adored… We're sending you love, too.'

Screen Shot 2023-05-17 at 9.01.36 AM.png
The couple has been married since 2009 and continually express their love and support for each other on social media. Credit: Instagram/chezzidenyer.

Since tying the knot back in 2009, Grant and Chezzi Denyer's love appears to be stronger than ever. A few weeks prior to her Mother's Day post, Chezzi shared an impassioned and deeply romantic post about her love for Grant, describing him as kind, gentle, and her 'best friend'.

'Thank you for being by my side, for being my strength when I was weak. For giving me the love I needed. For believing in me. In us. For being a part of this magical life. For giving me three spectacular children. You'll never know how great my love for you is.'

'You are my favourite human. My best friend,' she wrote in the heartfelt post, going on to call him her 'soulmate to the end'.

In February, Grant shared news about his youngest daughter, Sunday, who was diagnosed with hip dysplasia last year. He said Sunday had recently started to run for the first time and posted a video of her doing so on Instagram.

'Always smiling, always playing, and always captivating us all with her gorgeous attitude to life. She is a true delight to be around and watch grow,' the proud father said. 'We love you so much, Sunday... You make us proud every day.'

Despite experiencing the unexpected heartache of losing their cherished feathered member of the family, it's touching to see how strong the love and bond within the Denyer family remains.

Our thoughts and condolences go out to the Denyer family during this emotional time, and we wish them future happiness in the years to come.

Key Takeaways

• Chezzi, the wife of Grant Denyer, took to Instagram to share the heartbreaking news of their beloved pet budgie Squiggles' passing.
  • The post garnered an outpouring of condolences and support from fans on various social media platforms as they expressed their sympathy for the loss.
  • In another touching Instagram update, Chezzi shared an adorable video of their youngest daughter Sunday, sending heartfelt wishes for a happy Mother's Day.
  • Having been married since 2009, the couple consistently showcases their deep affection and unwavering support for one another on social media, capturing the hearts of their followers.

We can't help but reflect on Chezzi's touching story of losing their beloved pet bird. It's a reminder of just how deeply we can connect with our animal companions. They're not just pets; they're family. And when they leave us, the pain can be all-consuming.

So, dear members, have you ever experienced the loss of a cherished pet? If you feel up to it, share your own stories and memories in the comments. Let's honour the bond we share with our animal companions and remember them always. We'd love to hear from you!

Sponsored
Losing a beloved pet can be a heart-wrenching moment for anyone, even more so when it happens during a time meant for celebration – which was, unfortunately, the case for Grant Denyer's wife, Chezzi.

For those of you in our Seniors Discount Club community who may not be familiar with Grant Denyer, he is a well-known TV personality, famous for his time as the star of Channel 7's Sunrise, where he charmed audiences with his charismatic presence.

Grant's wife, Chezzi, is a former Sunrise producer who has now turned to podcasting as a career. Just a few days ago, she took to her Instagram account to share some emotionally upsetting news with their fans and followers.

While the majority of Australians took time to celebrate Mother's Day, the Denyer family encountered a heartbreaking event: the loss of their cherished little budgie, Squiggles.

Chezzi Denyer posted a belated Mother's Day message on Instagram, explaining why she wasn't able to send out a timely greeting: 'A little bit late as we lost a very important pet yesterday. Our beautiful little budgie Squiggles passed away, so we spent the afternoon crying and having a funeral.'

Support and condolences poured in from fans on social media. One follower wrote, 'Despite the sad loss of your little Squiggles, I hope Mother's Day did bring you some joy,' while another added, 'Sorry to hear about your bird.'

Alongside the announcement of their heartfelt loss, Chezzi also shared a heartwarming video of her and Grant's youngest daughter, Sunday, as she adorably attempted to say 'Happy Mother's Day.'

'I hope this video helps to make you smile like it has made us this morning,' Chezzi posted with her well-wishes. 'And to all the people missing their mums this time of the year, we feel you, and we are sending you love.'

She continued: 'To all the beautiful souls wanting to become mums. We send you hugs and love. And to all those who have recently lost someone they love or a pet they adored… We're sending you love, too.'

View attachment 19983
The couple has been married since 2009 and continually express their love and support for each other on social media. Credit: Instagram/chezzidenyer.

Since tying the knot back in 2009, Grant and Chezzi Denyer's love appears to be stronger than ever. A few weeks prior to her Mother's Day post, Chezzi shared an impassioned and deeply romantic post about her love for Grant, describing him as kind, gentle, and her 'best friend'.

'Thank you for being by my side, for being my strength when I was weak. For giving me the love I needed. For believing in me. In us. For being a part of this magical life. For giving me three spectacular children. You'll never know how great my love for you is.'

'You are my favourite human. My best friend,' she wrote in the heartfelt post, going on to call him her 'soulmate to the end'.

In February, Grant shared news about his youngest daughter, Sunday, who was diagnosed with hip dysplasia last year. He said Sunday had recently started to run for the first time and posted a video of her doing so on Instagram.

'Always smiling, always playing, and always captivating us all with her gorgeous attitude to life. She is a true delight to be around and watch grow,' the proud father said. 'We love you so much, Sunday... You make us proud every day.'

Despite experiencing the unexpected heartache of losing their cherished feathered member of the family, it's touching to see how strong the love and bond within the Denyer family remains.

Our thoughts and condolences go out to the Denyer family during this emotional time, and we wish them future happiness in the years to come.

Key Takeaways

• Chezzi, the wife of Grant Denyer, took to Instagram to share the heartbreaking news of their beloved pet budgie Squiggles' passing.
  • The post garnered an outpouring of condolences and support from fans on various social media platforms as they expressed their sympathy for the loss.
  • In another touching Instagram update, Chezzi shared an adorable video of their youngest daughter Sunday, sending heartfelt wishes for a happy Mother's Day.
  • Having been married since 2009, the couple consistently showcases their deep affection and unwavering support for one another on social media, capturing the hearts of their followers.

We can't help but reflect on Chezzi's touching story of losing their beloved pet bird. It's a reminder of just how deeply we can connect with our animal companions. They're not just pets; they're family. And when they leave us, the pain can be all-consuming.

So, dear members, have you ever experienced the loss of a cherished pet? If you feel up to it, share your own stories and memories in the comments. Let's honour the bond we share with our animal companions and remember them always. We'd love to hear from you!

Crying over a budgie when so many of us are struggling to pay rent and trying hard to avoid being homeless??? Get real people

Reactions: Ricci and Lotty

I'm, eh, Major!"

Heartbreaking to loose any pet, I have cried over budgies myself BUT to be honest I have never seen anyone like Grant Denger who can turn anything that happens into the worst major life threatening tragedy that noone else has ever experienced. Why does the media buy into all these self promoting stories when the world is suffering so much worse !!

Reactions: Ricci
It must have been the weekend for budgies passing. I lost my budgie, Miss Gelato on Sunday too. Losing any pet is sad especially if they have been part of the family for years.

Heartbreaking to loose any pet, I have cried over budgies myself BUT to be honest I have never seen anyone like Grant Denger who can turn anything that happens into the worst major life threatening tragedy that noone else has ever experienced. Why does the media buy into all these self promoting stories when the world is suffering so much worse !!
Exactly. Over the top headline over something that is sad but certainly isn’t worth reporting when we are all looking forward each morning to news that applies to us as seniors. Being seniors, I’m sure we have had our fair share of deaths to cope with. Budgies included but I don’t want to hear about trivia.

Whilst I don't doubt that losing any family pet is sad it's hardly the earth shattering event as hinted at in the headlines that accompanied this story online. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Cyberchook