Former Neighbours star diagnosed with ‘extremely aggressive’ stage four cancer

It's every person's worst nightmare: being diagnosed with a potentially terminal illness.

Unfortunately, it's something that happens to too many people every single day.

Recently, fans were left heartbroken when former Neighbours star Kate Keltie was diagnosed with stage four breast cancer.

The 36-year-old actress, who played Michelle Scully from 1999 to 2004 on the Australian soap opera, was revealed to have an aggressive form of the disease.

Keltie’s friend Ebony Gilbert has set up a GoFundMe donation page for the former actress.

‘Our beautiful Kate is going through the unimaginable.’ she wrote.

kWLjbHz5_400x400.jpg
Keltie most recently worked as a consultant before her diagnosis. Credit: Twitter/@p2pkate

‘She was recently diagnosed with Stage 4 breast cancer. Her cancer is extremely aggressive and it has spread to other parts of her body, including her lymph nodes, blood and hip bones (known as metastatic cancer).’

Gilbert shared that Keltie was told by her doctor that she needed severe chemotherapy that would make working and maintaining her current job impossible.

‘She will lose her gorgeous hair and cannot carry children in the future.’ she continued.

‘This is devastating news for anyone, let alone at the age of 36, with no family history of breast cancer.’

Many expressed their well-wishes for Keltie online.

‘Absolutely heartbreaking, bless her. Keep fighting,’ one user said.

‘It’s so sad for someone so young to go through this,’ another added.

‘(I) had breast cancer myself at 36 years old, and my heart goes out to her for the fight that is awaiting her.’ a third one said.

Thankfully the donations have exceeded the $25,000 goal intended to cover Keltie’s living expenses at least for the next six months as she receives treatment.

Holly Candy, who played Keltie’s on-screen sister on Neighbours, also reportedly donated $2000 to help.

Screenshot_5.png
Keltie played Michelle Scully on Neighbours. Credit: YouTube/DocTeeth123

As of writing, the total amount of financial help given stands at $32,742.

On Thursday, November 24, Kate left a message on the GoFundMe page.

‘I just wanted to say thank you, thank you, thank you for all of your support, and messages and phone calls.’ she said.

‘It's so amazing to know I have so many incredible people in my corner. I've just got over COVID and I start my first round of chemotherapy tomorrow. You really have no idea how my head space has changed going into it because of each and every one of you.’

‘Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.’

According to the National Breast Cancer Foundation, around 57 Australians are diagnosed daily with the disease.

Risk factors associated with the disease include age, gender, alcohol intake, physical activity, and smoking.

It’s important to note that while women comprise the majority of people diagnosed with breast cancer, it can also affect men.

Symptoms include unusual lumps in both or one of the breasts, nipple discharge, ‘dimpling’ of the skin on the breast, and sudden changes in breast size.

Source: YouTube/Doctor O’Donovan

If you or anyone you know have experienced these symptoms, we recommend immediately getting in touch with medical professionals.

If diagnosed early enough, breast cancer has a 5-year survival rate of 100%

You may also like to read this story of two sisters diagnosed weeks apart.

Meanwhile, if you wish to extend financial assistance to Keltie, you can donate any amount for her treatment here.

What is your reaction to this story? Tell us your thoughts and words of encouragement for Kate in the comments section below.

Source: YouTube/DocTeeth123

Sponsored
It's every person's worst nightmare: being diagnosed with a potentially terminal illness.

Recently, fans were left heartbroken when former Neighbours star Kate Keltie was diagnosed with stage four breast cancer.

The 36-year-old actress, who played Michelle Scully from 1999 to 2004 on the Australian soap opera, was revealed to have an aggressive form of the disease.

Keltie’s friend Ebony Gilbert has set up a GoFundMe donation page for the former actress.

View attachment 9656
Keltie most recently worked as a consultant before her diagnosis. Credit: Twitter/@p2pkate

‘She was recently diagnosed with Stage 4 breast cancer. Her cancer is extremely aggressive and it has spread to other parts of her body, including her lymph nodes, blood and hip bones (known as metastatic cancer).’

Gilbert shared that Keltie was told by her doctor that she needed severe chemotherapy that would make working and maintaining her current job impossible.

‘She will lose her gorgeous hair and cannot carry children in the future.’ she continued.

‘This is devastating news for anyone, let alone at the age of 36, with no family history of breast cancer.’

‘(I) had breast cancer myself at 36 years old, and my heart goes out to her for the fight that is awaiting her.’ a third one said.

Thankfully the donations have exceeded the $25,000 goal intended to cover Keltie’s living expenses at least for the next six months as she receives treatment.

Holly Candy, who played Keltie’s on-screen sister on Neighbours, also reportedly donated $2000 to help.

View attachment 9657

‘I just wanted to say thank you, thank you, thank you for all of your support, and messages and phone calls.’ she said.

‘It's so amazing to know I have so many incredible people in my corner. I've just got over COVID and I start my first round of chemotherapy tomorrow. You really have no idea how my head space has changed going into it because of each and every one of you.’

According to the National Breast Cancer Foundation, around 57 Australians are diagnosed daily with the disease.

Risk factors associated with the disease include age, gender, alcohol intake, physical activity, and smoking.

It’s important to note that while women comprise the majority of people diagnosed with breast cancer, it can also affect men.

Symptoms include unusual lumps in both or one of the breasts, nipple discharge, ‘dimpling’ of the skin on the breast, and sudden changes in breast size.

If you or anyone you know have experienced these symptoms, we recommend immediately getting in touch with medical professionals.

Meanwhile, if you wish to extend financial assistance to Keltie, you can donate any amount for her treatment here.

What is your reaction to this story? Tell us your thoughts and words of encouragement for Kate in the comments section below.

Shocking news. Wishing her all the best and lots of hugs and prayers for her speedy recovery. God bless.

Reactions: Ricci and JayKay

View attachment 9656

View attachment 9657

I saw a report a few days back by some doctor saying that getting very high doses of intravenous Vitamin C actually kills cancer cells.... would be good if it were true but getting doctors in hospitals to give that would be like pushing the runs uphill with a grass rake, as they have all been indoctrinated to push the poison chemo which also destroys the good cells in your body

Sad to hear of anyone with cancer, maybe as a cancer patient on Chemo I should advertise more and hope the community will set up a go fund page for me, not likely, I am just ordinary no stardom, not a footballer etc.so no chance of anything.

When I had breast cancer, the incidence was 1 in 11......20 years ago.
I think the incidence now is 1 in 7 for women and 1 in 555 for men.
The diagnosis and treatment have vastly improved since my journey, however, nothing beats an early diagnosis.
I still suffer from life-changing side-effects, but I am still here to see each new day.
Prayers 🙏 to all suffering and in pain.

Last edited:
It seems to me that the incidence of cancer in all its' forms is on the rise despite all the excellent work being done. My heart goes out to all those suffering with this disease and to all the families and friends supporting them. :(

Reactions: ShannyN and JayKay
It seems to me that the incidence of cancer in all its' forms is on the rise despite all the excellent work being done. My heart goes out to all those suffering with this disease and to all the families and friends supporting them. :(
Yes I know, after talking with my oncologist about this he feels that better public awareness campaigns, free bowel tests kits etc have just raised the level of awareness

Reactions: Ricci and JayKay
I also have had breast cancer 17 yrs ago, but mine wasn't aggressive & was diagnosed early (it was hormonal).
With all the researching that goes into breast cancer, it's very sad when women get an aggressive type.
My Oncologist told me that everybody's body is different to how treatment responds for them.

Reactions: JayKay and Ricci