Flushed with excitement: Couple's toilet tango causes stir at local shopping centre

In a scene that has left everyone both shocked and bemused, a couple was caught on camera naked inside a public toilet at the Sunshine Plaza shopping centre in Queensland.

The incident has sparked a conversation about public decency and the use of facilities designed for the disabled.

The incident, which took place behind the frosted glass door of a disabled toilet at the bustling shopping centre, was captured on video and has since gone viral.

The now-deleted footage, which was shared on social media, showed a man, wearing nothing but socks and shoes, engaged in what appears to be a very intimate act with an unseen partner.

415698726_755187966646935_5308246718910892280_n.jpg
A couple was caught on camera performing a lewd act inside a disabled bathroom. Credit: Sunshine Plaza / Facebook

The risque moment quickly became the talk of the town as shoppers who witnessed the event were left shocked and, in some cases, amused.

The video has sparked a flurry of online commentary, with social media users making light of the situation through jokes and quips.

One user humorously suggested that the man was simply performing the Heimlich Maneuver, a technique used to help expel a trapped object when choking.

‘What a nice bloke trying to help the poor person choking,' wrote one.

‘When timezone just isn’t entertaining enough,’ another quipped.

‘Never using that toilet again.’

Others were concerned that the disabled bathrooms had a partially transparent door.

Another said, 'Hope they used better protection than the door provided.'

Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 12.36.15 PM.png
The man was wearing nothing but shoes behind the partially transparent door of a disabled bathroom. Credit: @shitmaroochydore / Instagram

Sunshine Plaza's centre manager, Michael Manwaring, has confirmed that local police have been notified of the incident.

‘Sunshine Plaza has a comprehensive security management program in place including entrance and in-centre CCTV surveillance, 24-hour security patrols seven days a week and regular police presence,’ he said.

‘As always, the safety and wellbeing of our customers and staff is paramount.’

In the same plaza, another incident transpired, which caused a debate online.

A woman shared her experience at Sunshine Plaza, saying she’d ‘been told to leave’ because she wasn’t wearing shoes.

How did the online community react to this? Read more about it here.
Key Takeaways

• A couple was caught naked in the disabled toilet at the Sunshine Plaza shopping centre in Maroochydore, Queensland.
  • The now-deleted footage of the incident prompted humorous and concerned reactions from the public.
  • The centre manager stated that local police had been notified and highlighted the presence of security measures, including CCTV and patrols.
  • There were comments by social media users regarding the transparency of the disabled toilet doors and concerns over privacy and protection.
Have you ever encountered anything similar during your shopping trips? How do you feel about the use of public facilities for private encounters? Let us know in the comments below.

Sponsored
I would have pressed the green button and opened the door.

I'm thinking they may have had problems. For one I don't think people in their right mind would have used a frosted glass cubicle to do it and secondly they wouldn't have stripped down to nothing.

Anyone having a quicky in public are usually more discret.

I believe their was something wrong with them or they wanted the attention

That is just disgusting. Imagine someone disabled really needing that toilet! I shop using a mobility scooter, so many times especially at Endeavour Hills, Shopping Centre Victoria, have I waited & waited outside the disabled toilet near the lift for someone to come out & often it is a young guy or recently a young girl come out. They just do not care. Even on our trip recently at a service centre a younger woman came out & I said “you should not be using that toilet” she just went by saying sorry. The other toilet was right. Ext door. Why just why do they do it? I cannot get my mobility scooter in the other toilets.

I was walking in Woolworths when someone dropped and broke a glass jar. The assistant asked me to stand near it whilst she organised cleaning. When she came back I remarked that it went everywhere and she replied “ would you believe people come in here with bare feet and breakages happen on a regular basis”. I think there is an insurance problem as you cannot always find every piece

Usually there are signs at the entrance to shopping centres to advise things like no skateboards or animals etc, shoes must worn. I see quite a number of shoeless people at the shops and honestly I don't understand. Filthy and dangerous. Like how hard is it so slip on thongs.
But they certainly can't complain if they are injured.

WHY. Would they have frosted glass in a toilet as it doesn’t provide any privacy by the looks of it.

In regards to this couple..they may have assumed that they had privacy..so why make it a police matter.
The shopping centre also needs to take responsibility, as they allowed the incident to become public by installing the frosted glass.

Regardless as to whether you have a disability or not..your still entitled to privacy when using a public amenity..and frosted glass doesn’t provide this.

Out of curiosity..what exactly are the police going to fine them with..after all it was done behind a door..in a supposedly private area.

and what type of sick person videos this..and then places it up on social media. I’m sure that’s not legal

SO in this instance who’s at fault.

1. The Tango couple who thought their antics were private.
2. The Centre Management..for not ensuring a patrons privacy
3. Or the sick voyeur who took delight in filming and posting.

This is going to make one hell of a court case if they can bring it to court.
I believe that the losers would be Centre Managerment and the Voyeu.

I would have pressed the green button and opened the door.

I'm thinking they may have had problems. For one I don't think people in their right mind would have used a frosted glass cubicle to do it and secondly they wouldn't have stripped down to nothing.

Anyone having a quicky in public are usually more discret.

I believe their was something wrong with them or they wanted the attention
Thinking of this from a different point of view that person may have been disabled in some way and don't we need privacy in a toilet I think it is not fair to have all that footage bandied round of when you are in a toilet my son is disabled and you might not think it but sometimes they need a whole change of clothes and alot of help in that situation. its easy to judge when you only see a little bit of the situation . there should be more respect around this.

Thinking of this from a different point of view that person may have been disabled in some way and don't we need privacy in a toilet I think it is not fair to have all that footage bandied round of when you are in a toilet my son is disabled and you might not think it but sometimes they need a whole change of clothes and alot of help in that situation. its easy to judge when you only see a little bit of the situation . there should be more respect around this.
No there were two people in there and they were having sex

WHY. Would they have frosted glass in a toilet as it doesn’t provide any privacy by the looks of it.

In regards to this couple..they may have assumed that they had privacy..so why make it a police matter.
The shopping centre also needs to take responsibility, as they allowed the incident to become public by installing the frosted glass.

Regardless as to whether you have a disability or not..your still entitled to privacy when using a public amenity..and frosted glass doesn’t provide this.

Out of curiosity..what exactly are the police going to fine them with..after all it was done behind a door..in a supposedly private area.

and what type of sick person videos this..and then places it up on social media. I’m sure that’s not legal

SO in this instance who’s at fault.

1. The Tango couple who thought their antics were private.
2. The Centre Management..for not ensuring a patrons privacy
3. Or the sick voyeur who took delight in filming and posting.

This is going to make one hell of a court case if they can bring it to court.
I believe that the losers would be Centre Managerment and the Voyeu.
The frosted glass does allow privacy if used properly. Because they were pressed up against the glass and the noise they were making couldn't ve hidden

That is just disgusting. Imagine someone disabled really needing that toilet! I shop using a mobility scooter, so many times especially at Endeavour Hills, Shopping Centre Victoria, have I waited & waited outside the disabled toilet near the lift for someone to come out & often it is a young guy or recently a young girl come out. They just do not care. Even on our trip recently at a service centre a younger woman came out & I said “you should not be using that toilet” she just went by saying sorry. The other toilet was right. Ext door. Why just why do they do it? I cannot get my mobility scooter in the other toilets.
Sometimes I think if the other toilets are engaged and they cant/ don’t want to wait they use the disabled toilet. There is only one toilet area in our local shopping centre that has multiple toilets, the rest are single male, female, and disabled toilet. I find sometimes that males come out of the female and disabled toilets, and females sometimes come out of the male and disabled toilet. Mostly the people doing this are workers from the nearby shops who I guess don’t have the time to stand around waiting for the appropriate toilet to become vacant.

I love being barefoot but would never go shopping without shoes on due to the dangers, broken glass, dirty floors with who knows what spilt on them especially in the car parks and on the street, risk of dropping items and breaking bones etc. It would be quite a spectacle if people were allowed to shop naked, not sure how much shopping would get done, I’m thinking there would be more people interested in having a perve than shopping. The mind boggles.

Not in sxjhopping centres but I have encountered this is disabled toilets in hospitals. Plenty of room in them.

My husband uses a power wheelchair and it is frustrating when there is a long wait especially when a person comes out of the toilet who appears mobile, fit and well. My son in law fits this description but needs to have washing facilities in the toilet area so he uses the disabled toilet. Disabilities are not always obvious so we can't judge others. A disabled person may take longer to complete their toileting and yet shopping centres do not provide many disabled toilets. This is a major problem as our population ages. The couple misusing the toilet are really not worth all the publicity.

My husband uses a power wheelchair and it is frustrating when there is a long wait especially when a person comes out of the toilet who appears mobile, fit and well. My son in law fits this description but needs to have washing facilities in the toilet area so he uses the disabled toilet. Disabilities are not always obvious so we can't judge others. A disabled person may take longer to complete their toileting and yet shopping centres do not provide many disabled toilets. This is a major problem as our population ages. The couple misusing the toilet are really not worth all the publicity.
It is when they are having sex🤣

I have begun using the disabled toilet, although people look at me and say you look great they don't see what's going on on the inside and that's where the problem lies.
But sex in a toilet?? Didn't that stop years ago with discos and clubbing, such a gross act.

On a brighter note, a friend has just informed me that when you register a mobility scooter and such in Queensland the motor registry call it an "Electric Chair" sort of makes you laugh that not a lot of people die on those things.