Fed up with high living costs? Aussies blame greed and consider protest: 'I'm all for it!'

As prices continue to soar and people feel the pinch on their budgets, there is no doubt the cost-of-living crisis is hitting Australia hard, and Aussies are beginning to fight back.

One man's passionate rant on social media has sparked an outcry, with people begging for a nationwide protest against these ever-increasing expenses.

Here at the Seniors Discount Club, we feel the strain of these rising prices just as much as our fellow Aussies, particularly in our weekly grocery shops. It seems that it's now nearly impossible to get by without spending a small fortune on what used to be considered staple items.

In a fiery rant, Chris Anderson expressed frustration with the current cost-of-living crisis, claiming that greed has created unsustainable prices for everyday essentials.

compressed-australian-ga0307a7a0_1280.jpeg
Amidst the escalating cost of living, Chris Anderson has raised his voice and called for a protest to address the pressing issue. Image by QuinceCreative from pixabay

'It shouldn't cost $100 for half a bag of groceries,' he said.

'This cost of living is a joke. I'm feeling fatigued. I'm feeling annoyed. I'm feeling insane. I'm feeling like a f****** number in the system. I've had a gutful.' Anderson added.

Anderson highlighted that this isn't just an individual issue but a collective problem affecting all Australians, who deserve the opportunity to prosper in their own country. He then called for a massive nationwide protest to force corporations and the government to take notice.

'If every person who works and pays taxes walked off the job tomorrow, do you think they're going to sack an entire office of people? No, I don't think so!' he said.

'Because, without us, their companies are nothing, and the pandemic proved that. We proved what our worth was during the pandemic, and this is how they repay us after keeping their companies afloat.'

Many agreed, jumping into the conversation to express their support for Anderson's idea.

'I’m all for a protest!' one user said.

'Who’s ready to jump off the train at Parliament House to protest?' another added.

The issue is not only felt keenly by Australians but is also supported by data.

The Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) recently published research showing the significant role that high corporate profits had played in the surge in inflation after the COVID pandemic.

Dr Jim Stanford, director of Australia Institute's Centre for Future Work, said the OECD report highlighted that corporate profits have played a significant role in the soaring cost of living.

'Companies in Australia and many other industrial countries have taken advantage of the disruptions, shortages, and desperation of the pandemic to push up profit margins far beyond normal levels.' Stanford said.

compressed-shutterstock_1513189949 (1).jpeg
In an impassioned plea, Anderson has urged for a nationwide protest targeting the escalating costs, emphasising that it is through such collective action that the big corporations will be compelled to take notice and address the issue at hand. Image from shutterstock

'In Australia, corporate profits reached their highest share of GDP ever in 2022, and that has been the leading cause of the current cost-of-living crisis. Workers are now struggling to catch up to prices and recover the loss in their real wages. However, the RBA continues to ignore the role of profits in driving prices while doubling down on its determination to suppress wage growth.'

Key Takeaways
  • Aussies are calling for a nationwide protest against the cost-of-living crisis as prices continue to skyrocket with no end in sight.
  • Chris Anderson ranted about absurd prices, such as $100 for 'half a bag of groceries', and called for a protest to demand change.
  • Many Australian social media users agreed with Anderson's sentiment, expressing their own frustrations with the rising cost of living.
  • The OECD recently published research highlighting the significant role high corporate profits played in the surge in inflation after the COVID pandemic.

As the discussion about the need for some nationwide changes continues, we at the Seniors Discount Club hope to offer some guidance and hope by sharing tips to save money. Visit our Deals, Discounts, and Bargains forum to see more.

So, members, let's keep the pressure on. Keep sharing your experiences and discussing ways to tackle this cost-of-living crisis. By expressing our concerns and engaging in open dialogue, we can raise awareness of the issue and maybe even instigate change for a fairer future for all Australians.

What are your thoughts on the idea of a nationwide protest against the rising cost of living in Australia? Do you believe it could bring about meaningful change and draw attention to the challenges faced by everyday Australians? Or will it just cause more issues? Share your perspective and any suggestions you have for addressing this cost-of-living crisis.

Sponsored
Chris is right of course but so many Ozies are struggling to keep afloat they cannot afford to lose a days pay and a lot are to apathetic to get of their ar--s to do something for themselves or for those less well off. We are being screwed over by unfettered capitalism that has bought and sold our so called political leaders so much so that we no longer live in a democracy but an oligarchy; government of the many by the few for the few.

As prices continue to soar and people feel the pinch on their budgets, there is no doubt the cost-of-living crisis is hitting Australia hard, and Aussies are beginning to fight back.

One man's passionate rant on social media has sparked an outcry, with people begging for a nationwide protest against these ever-increasing expenses.

Here at the Seniors Discount Club, we feel the strain of these rising prices just as much as our fellow Aussies, particularly in our weekly grocery shops. It seems that it's now nearly impossible to get by without spending a small fortune on what used to be considered staple items.

In a fiery rant, Chris Anderson expressed frustration with the current cost-of-living crisis, claiming that greed has created unsustainable prices for everyday essentials.

View attachment 23190
Amidst the escalating cost of living, Chris Anderson has raised his voice and called for a protest to address the pressing issue. Image by QuinceCreative from pixabay

'This cost of living is a joke. I'm feeling fatigued. I'm feeling annoyed. I'm feeling insane. I'm feeling like a f****** number in the system. I've had a gutful.' Anderson added.

Anderson highlighted that this isn't just an individual issue but a collective problem affecting all Australians, who deserve the opportunity to prosper in their own country. He then called for a massive nationwide protest to force corporations and the government to take notice.

'If every person who works and pays taxes walked off the job tomorrow, do you think they're going to sack an entire office of people? No, I don't think so!' he said.

'Because, without us, their companies are nothing, and the pandemic proved that. We proved what our worth was during the pandemic, and this is how they repay us after keeping their companies afloat.'

Many agreed, jumping into the conversation to express their support for Anderson's idea.

'Who’s ready to jump off the train at Parliament House to protest?' another added.

The Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) recently published research showing the significant role that high corporate profits had played in the surge in inflation after the COVID pandemic.

Dr Jim Stanford, director of Australia Institute's Centre for Future Work, said the OECD report highlighted that corporate profits have played a significant role in the soaring cost of living.

'Companies in Australia and many other industrial countries have taken advantage of the disruptions, shortages, and desperation of the pandemic to push up profit margins far beyond normal levels.' Stanford said.

View attachment 23191
In an impassioned plea, Anderson has urged for a nationwide protest targeting the escalating costs, emphasising that it is through such collective action that the big corporations will be compelled to take notice and address the issue at hand. Image from shutterstock

'In Australia, corporate profits reached their highest share of GDP ever in 2022, and that has been the leading cause of the current cost-of-living crisis. Workers are now struggling to catch up to prices and recover the loss in their real wages. However, the RBA continues to ignore the role of profits in driving prices while doubling down on its determination to suppress wage growth.'

Key Takeaways

• Aussies are calling for a nationwide protest against the cost-of-living crisis as prices continue to skyrocket with no end in sight.
  • Chris Anderson ranted about absurd prices, such as $100 for 'half a bag of groceries', and called for a protest to demand change.
  • Many Australian social media users agreed with Anderson's sentiment, expressing their own frustrations with the rising cost of living.
  • The OECD recently published research highlighting the significant role high corporate profits played in the surge in inflation after the COVID pandemic.

As the discussion about the need for some nationwide changes continues, we at the Seniors Discount Club hope to offer some guidance and hope by sharing tips to save money. Visit our Deals, Discounts, and Bargains forum to see more.

So, members, let's keep the pressure on. Keep sharing your experiences and discussing ways to tackle this cost-of-living crisis. By expressing our concerns and engaging in open dialogue, we can raise awareness of the issue and maybe even instigate change for a fairer future for all Australians.

What are your thoughts on the idea of a nationwide protest against the rising cost of living in Australia? Do you believe it could bring about meaningful change and draw attention to the challenges faced by everyday Australians? Or will it just cause more issues? Share your perspective and any suggestions you have for addressing this cost-of-living crisis.
AT LAST - UNISON!! We have been divided for too long but I always knew we would all come together again for a national cause. What if NO-ONE paid their energy bill? These corporates aren't the power - the PEOPLE have all the power. They are few, we are many...

Reactions: JayEeGeeP

View attachment 23190

View attachment 23191

Key Takeaways

Instead of blaming Corporations methinks these disgruntled voters should be invading the steops of Parliament in Canberra, Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne where the idiots in charge are sitting back on their fat arses only interested in blowing out our state debt to unmanageable levels, flying around the world and trying to appear as statesmen, an area where Albo and his cronies have failed miserably. OK, Morrison and other Liberal leaders were not perfect but they did not lie to the voting public, did a bloody good job keeping food on the table for people stood down because of the Pandemic and kept power prices under control, what ever happened to the Labor/Teals and Greenies promises of cheaper power through the crap introduction of wind and solar power resulting in Australia having the second highest power costs in the world.

Reactions: Luckyus and Lotty

View attachment 23190

View attachment 23191

Key Takeaways

It's about time all our governments govern for the ORDINARY Australian people and NOT banks, corporations and wealthy Australians! The government should buy back our resources and utilities and bring back sustainability for all families.

Reactions: Jennie and elaine41
So many of my friends are finding it hard to pay high electricity bills
on top of that a lot of councils have increased rates for the next year
water ,garbage ,every week you see so many things going up
food banks will help in some places , I am turning of power points ,my hot water
service to try keep electricity down ,just hope it helps ,people say if you own your home your lucky but they forget we still have those bills to pay out of a pension ,plus food to it’s never ever ending

Reactions: Jennie
The people voted for high priced unreliable energy, destruction of the economy and government for the trade unions not the people. The chickens are coming home to roost.

View attachment 23190

View attachment 23191

Key Takeaways

If we all decided to not buy from one supermarket for one week, then another the next week etc. I'm sure they would realise the power is with us, the consumer. Screw big corporations, they're screwing us and don't care.

I do wish people would STOP blaming the RBA. The RBA has one and ONLY one tool to manage inflation and that is interest rates. If the Federal Government can't or won't do its job, the RBA has no choice.

People need to stop spending - retail spending was UP 0.7% for May when the predicted spending was 0.1%. This means people still have plenty of money and are spending it. Look at the numbers of people jetting off on holidays last week both domestic and international and yet we are still whining about the price of mince.

And one other cautionary note: part of reducing inflation means accepting higher unemployment. The organisation I worked for for the last 13 years made me redundant 2 months ago and a whole department just a week ago. Are you prepared to lose your job for a day off waiving placards and chanting outside Parliament House?

Instead of blaming Corporations methinks these disgruntled voters should be invading the steops of Parliament in Canberra, Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne where the idiots in charge are sitting back on their fat arses only interested in blowing out our state debt to unmanageable levels, flying around the world and trying to appear as statesmen, an area where Albo and his cronies have failed miserably. OK, Morrison and other Liberal leaders were not perfect but they did not lie to the voting public, did a bloody good job keeping food on the table for people stood down because of the Pandemic and kept power prices under control, what ever happened to the Labor/Teals and Greenies promises of cheaper power through the crap introduction of wind and solar power resulting in Australia having the second highest power costs in the world.
Too right !!! The Federal ALP is too focused on swindling the Australian public in voting YES in the upcoming Voice referendum. The millions they are spending on this is criminal ... it is well known that over $25Billion is being spent annually on indigenous Australians while the rest of Australians are being squeezed by increases in food, energy, fuel prices, then there are the hikes in mortgage interest rates and rent. Australians need to realise that the increases in energy are directly in response to this federal governments push for renewables and emission reductions. The ALP, Greens and Teals strategies are for control of the population (think a milder for communism). Wake up Australia !!!

Reactions: Jennie and Luckyus
If we all decided to not buy from one supermarket for one week, then another the next week etc. I'm sure they would realise the power is with us, the consumer. Screw big corporations, they're screwing us and don't care.
Some of us have no choice about which supermarket we buy from. If you live in the small regional towns of this country there is usually only one supermarket available - IGA. If we want to shop at WW or Coles we have to drive a long way to get to one. As for IGA, for me that is a 2 hour drive each way. While I like your idea, as you can see it will not work nationwide.

• Sad
Reactions: Lynjw

View attachment 23190

View attachment 23191

Key Takeaways

Definitely need change. Maybe next election we should just tear up the papers and not vote

AT LAST - UNISON!! We have been divided for too long but I always knew we would all come together again for a national cause. What if NO-ONE paid their energy bill? These corporates aren't the power - the PEOPLE have all the power. They are few, we are many...
Now these power companies are sending out debt collectors to people who can't pay. Can't stoop much lower.

• Sad
Reactions: Lynjw
Now these power companies are sending out debt collectors to people who can't pay. Can't stoop much lower.
If you use it, you have to pay for it. What would happen if these same people filled their trolleys with groceries & tried to walk out of the supermarket without paying? Or filled up their car with petrol & drove away without paying? No difference. You buy it/use it you pay for it.

View attachment 23190

View attachment 23191

Key Takeaways

Protest all you like the greedy rich will always win they starve you out best way is organise a boycott of store's but first you have to win over the public (sheep) that have blinkers on like the horse 🐎 in front of the cart to steer it straight people are to lazy to look around 😉

Protest all you like the greedy rich will always win they starve you out best way is organise a boycott of store's but first you have to win over the public (sheep) that have blinkers on like the horse 🐎 in front of the cart to steer it straight people are to lazy to look around 😉
Define "the greedy rich". Or is just everyone who you think has more than you?