Fans applaud Chris Hemsworth's 'down-to-earth' supermarket birthday cake—now it is sold out!

When Australian heartthrob and Hollywood’s favourite superhero, Chris Hemsworth, celebrated his 40th birthday, he garnered attention not for his blockbuster roles or buff physique—but for his cake.

Chris inadvertently spotlighted a humble supermarket cake that became a surprising star, and many fans have purchased it at their local store to get a taste for themselves.

photo (27).jpg
Chris Hemsworth posted a photo on his birthday featuring a supermarket cake. Credit: Chris Hemsworth/Instagram, Woolworths

While many might expect a glamorous, bespoke creation for a star of such magnitude, the Thor actor chose a charming $29 Happy Birthday Chocolate Drip Cake from Woolworths for his birthday celebration.

The surprisingly 'down-to-earth' choice became an immediate sensation, and the demand led to a nationwide sellout as Australian fans rushed to try the chocolate delight for themselves.

Sharing a snapshot of his birthday festivities on social media, Chris wrote: 'Thank you for all the birthday wishes! Another lap around [the] sun and still going strong. I can safely say not a single piece of cake made it through the night.’

The cake, described as a light sponge filled with a sumptuous chocolate buttercream and graced with a Belgian dark chocolate drip, was an immediate hit with his fans and shoppers alike.

Some shoppers left reviews on the Woolies website after purchasing the cake. One wrote: ‘Delicious. Wow, lucky to have received this the week of my mother-in-law's birthday! This went down as a treat, with plenty to go around, cake was moist, just maybe a bit too sickly with some of the toppings, but would definitely recommend it.’

‘Best cake ever…a chocolate lover's heaven. It was super yummy, and all my dinner guests said it was amazing. Definitely buy this again,’ another shopper said.

‘Fantastic taste. Why make a chocolate cake for a birthday when this cake is perfect? Amazing texture and fantastic taste, full of flavour and creamy chocolate throughout. Looks good with the chocolate drip and the edible happy birthday sign,’ a third customer reviewed.

As one fan posted on social media, the cake was ‘delicious’.

'It smells so good. It is dense… I hate the word “moist”, but it's the only word coming to mind. That, my friends, is delicious cake, with the thickest layer of icing. It's so good,' the fan gushed.

You can watch her review here:

Fans were quick to comment on Hemsworth's modest choice, praising him for his authenticity.

'It brings me so much comfort that Thor had a Woolies cake for his birthday,' one user wrote, while another chimed in: 'Love the fact someone like him is happy with a Woolies cake!'

The cake craze wasn’t the only glimpse into Chris Hemsworth's down-to-earth personal life. In another recent wholesome family moment, Hemsworth and his wife Elsa Pataky were seen enjoying a day of dirt bike riding with their children in their hometown of Byron Bay.

Elsa shared photographs capturing the family's day out on social media, displaying the couple's enduring love and their shared enjoyment in spending time together amidst their busy schedules.

The couple’s globetrotting adventures and their consequent decision to relocate from Los Angeles to Australia have provided a healthier, more outdoorsy lifestyle for their young brood.

With this newfound insight into Hemsworth's tastes, birthday celebrations this year have perhaps been made a little bit easier for many. Next time you're looking for a cake, remember that a humble Woolworth's chocolate drip cake was good enough for Thor himself!

Key Takeaways
  • Chris Hemsworth celebrated his 40th birthday with a $29 cake from Woolworths, sparking a rush of sales for the same item.
  • Fans of the Thor actor praised his ‘down-to-earth’ choice of birthday cake, clicking to their local stores to sample the dessert.
  • The cake is a light sponge with chocolate buttercream, topped with a Belgian dark chocolate drip.
  • One user said in their video review, 'This is the densest, moistest (and) delicious cake, (with the) thickest layer of icing.'

Perhaps it truly is the simple things in life that are the sweetest! Of course, we wish Chris a belated happy birthday!

Have you tried this Woolies cake, members? Or do you prefer other flavours? Let us know in the comments below!

Sponsored
When Australian heartthrob and Hollywood’s favourite superhero, Chris Hemsworth, celebrated his 40th birthday, he garnered attention not for his blockbuster roles or buff physique—but for his cake.

Chris inadvertently spotlighted a humble supermarket cake that became a surprising star, and many fans have purchased it at their local store to get a taste for themselves.

View attachment 32303
Chris Hemsworth posted a photo on his birthday featuring a supermarket cake. Credit: Chris Hemsworth/Instagram, Woolworths

While many might expect a glamorous, bespoke creation for a star of such magnitude, the Thor actor chose a charming $29 Happy Birthday Chocolate Drip Cake from Woolworths for his birthday celebration.

The surprisingly 'down-to-earth' choice became an immediate sensation, and the demand led to a nationwide sellout as Australian fans rushed to try the chocolate delight for themselves.

Sharing a snapshot of his birthday festivities on social media, Chris wrote: 'Thank you for all the birthday wishes! Another lap around [the] sun and still going strong. I can safely say not a single piece of cake made it through the night.’

The cake, described as a light sponge filled with a sumptuous chocolate buttercream and graced with a Belgian dark chocolate drip, was an immediate hit with his fans and shoppers alike.

Some shoppers left reviews on the Woolies website after purchasing the cake. One wrote: ‘Delicious. Wow, lucky to have received this the week of my mother-in-law's birthday! This went down as a treat, with plenty to go around, cake was moist, just maybe a bit too sickly with some of the toppings, but would definitely recommend it.’

‘Best cake ever…a chocolate lover's heaven. It was super yummy, and all my dinner guests said it was amazing. Definitely buy this again,’ another shopper said.

‘Fantastic taste. Why make a chocolate cake for a birthday when this cake is perfect? Amazing texture and fantastic taste, full of flavour and creamy chocolate throughout. Looks good with the chocolate drip and the edible happy birthday sign,’ a third customer reviewed.

As one fan posted on social media, the cake was ‘delicious’.

'It smells so good. It is dense… I hate the word “moist”, but it's the only word coming to mind. That, my friends, is delicious cake, with the thickest layer of icing. It's so good,' the fan gushed.

You can watch her review here:

Fans were quick to comment on Hemsworth's modest choice, praising him for his authenticity.

'It brings me so much comfort that Thor had a Woolies cake for his birthday,' one user wrote, while another chimed in: 'Love the fact someone like him is happy with a Woolies cake!'

The cake craze wasn’t the only glimpse into Chris Hemsworth's down-to-earth personal life. In another recent wholesome family moment, Hemsworth and his wife Elsa Pataky were seen enjoying a day of dirt bike riding with their children in their hometown of Byron Bay.

Elsa shared photographs capturing the family's day out on social media, displaying the couple's enduring love and their shared enjoyment in spending time together amidst their busy schedules.

The couple’s globetrotting adventures and their consequent decision to relocate from Los Angeles to Australia have provided a healthier, more outdoorsy lifestyle for their young brood.

With this newfound insight into Hemsworth's tastes, birthday celebrations this year have perhaps been made a little bit easier for many. Next time you're looking for a cake, remember that a humble Woolworth's chocolate drip cake was good enough for Thor himself!

Key Takeaways

• Chris Hemsworth celebrated his 40th birthday with a $29 cake from Woolworths, sparking a rush of sales for the same item.
  • Fans of the Thor actor praised his ‘down-to-earth’ choice of birthday cake, clicking to their local stores to sample the dessert.
  • The cake is a light sponge with chocolate buttercream, topped with a Belgian dark chocolate drip.
  • One user said in their video review, 'This is the densest, moistest (and) delicious cake, (with the) thickest layer of icing.'

Perhaps it truly is the simple things in life that are the sweetest! Of course, we wish Chris a belated happy birthday!

Have you tried this Woolies cake, members? Or do you prefer other flavours? Let us know in the comments below!

Yummo😋

I like Woolies choc cake range. Can only afford to buy the ones that come in 2 slice packs, and, hubby has the vanilla slices.
Both WW and Coles have a nice bakery range.

Reactions: Sunshine & Roses
I must be getting old, I don't see what the big deal is, so he ate a bloody woolies cake and that makes him a hero? So what! Now all the sheep follow him and run out and buy one too! Wonder how much woolies paid him to eat it 😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: Skeeta22 and SandyM