Just today I have received 11 scam emails. Some of them Netflix, McAfee, Mc@Afee, UPS, Shipment@tracking (my parcel is waiting for me somewhere.. I am not expecting anything), my UPS account expires soon, _Congrat_ You won Samsonite Proxis Suitcase entry, Netflix renewal, etc.... I have been blocking them every day, but they still manage to sneak through. All of today's email addresses ends with "-sfr.fr".
This is an everyday occurrence, very annoying, but beside blocking them, can't do more about it. It is still morning, so I can expect a few more by tonight. Main thing is not to click or open them, just delete them straight away.
Good advice.
You have to wonder how they get hold of email addresses and mobile numbers so easily There are some sneaky bottom wipes out there.

Reactions: Abby2
Fake Netflix email re cancelled account

I received 3 emails claiming to be from Netflix stating my account was suspended due to non payment. It also had a link to make a payment. Looked like a genuine Netflix notification but not specifically addressed to anyone. This was very interesting as our Netflix a/c is not in my name. I checked our account and it was still current with no notification that there was a problem. I immedietely deleted them. Everyone be alert. Never trust these messages without checking with the account company
Yes, I have had this email 3 times too, and nearly believed it!

Well, I appreciate you sharing your encounter with those suspicious emails. It's alarming how convincing they can be, especially when they mimic legitimate notifications. Your quick action to verify the status of your Netflix account was smart. It's essential to stay vigilant and cautious when dealing with such messages. As for Hulu, it appears that it's not yet officially available in all countries. It's disappointing for sure, but perhaps there will be developments in the future. But it seems like I found an answer to the question: can i watch hulu in brazil? In the meantime, let's continue to watch out for these scams and keep our online accounts secure.

Last edited:
Reactions: Abby2
We get these sorts of messages also and I have told my wife and son to report them to the ACCC "Scam Watch". Do not trust any unsolicited emails or messages. If you are expecting a message, then use a trusted source to contact the person or company and verify that they did send you the message. Never trust links sent in messages or emails. Always verify with a trusted contact phone number, any request you may receive for money transfers or account detail verification. If in doubt don't. Verify everything and any request, no matter how innocent it may seem. Scammers can collect small bits of information over time giving you a false sense of security. If you think you have been scammed, then contact your financial institution/ bank and try to stop any money transfers and contact the ACCC and police. If someone asks you for money in a message, online or by phone then it could be a scam. A friend of ours was on leave and my wife received a text message from someone pretending to be my wife's friend. The phone number was different from the one my wife had for her friend. The message said that she was overseas, and we knew my wife's friend was still at home. The message said that she had lost her purse, phone, and passport and needed money to cover her hotel stay and other expenses. My wife contacted her friend and let her know someone was trying to impersonate her. Scammers will try every trick in the book.

We get these sorts of messages also and I have told my wife and son to report them to the ACCC "Scam Watch". Do not trust any unsolicited emails or messages. If you are expecting a message, then use a trusted source to contact the person or company and verify that they did send you the message. Never trust links sent in messages or emails. Always verify with a trusted contact phone number, any request you may receive for money transfers or account detail verification. If in doubt don't. Verify everything and any request, no matter how innocent it may seem. Scammers can collect small bits of information over time giving you a false sense of security. If you think you have been scammed, then contact your financial institution/ bank and try to stop any money transfers and contact the ACCC and police. If someone asks you for money in a message, online or by phone then it could be a scam. A friend of ours was on leave and my wife received a text message from someone pretending to be my wife's friend. The phone number was different from the one my wife had for her friend. The message said that she was overseas, and we knew my wife's friend was still at home. The message said that she had lost her purse, phone, and passport and needed money to cover her hotel stay and other expenses. My wife contacted her friend and let her know someone was trying to impersonate her. Scammers will try every trick in the book.
To add to what you’ve said. If you get a suspect email click on the sender at the top of it and you can see if the email is actually sent from who they say they are.

Attachments

• IMG_2005.png
    IMG_2005.png
    284.5 KB · Views: 0