CraigJ

Aug 16, 2023
Fake Netflix email re cancelled account

I received 3 emails claiming to be from Netflix stating my account was suspended due to non payment. It also had a link to make a payment. Looked like a genuine Netflix notification but not specifically addressed to anyone. This was very interesting as our Netflix a/c is not in my name. I checked our account and it was still current with no notification that there was a problem. I immedietely deleted them. Everyone be alert. Never trust these messages without checking with the account company

I received 3 emails claiming to be from Netflix stating my account was suspended due to non payment. It also had a link to make a payment. Looked like a genuine Netflix notification but not specifically addressed to anyone. This was very interesting as our Netflix a/c is not in my name. I checked our account and it was still current with no notification that there was a problem. I immedietely deleted them. Everyone be alert. Never trust these messages without checking with the account company
I use Netflix and am very concerned about this, as it's a huge platform... If the scam email looks similar to the legitimate website, people could easily fall for it. Thank you for the warning, @CraigJ!

My husband received one about his Spotify account and our youngest just said check your bank balance and see if it was missing. So yes a scram.

Never click a link in an email. Go to the website and see if there is a problem. If still unsure send an email to them referring to the suspect email.
Yes I have received several scam emails not from Netflix. It was not consistent with the facts.
The other giveaway clue is the sending email address. If it does not look right then the email is a scam until proven otherwise.

Reactions: Ricki
im getting emails stating my ICloud accont if full and i need to buy more gigs lol.. i have never used ICloud and another is my outlook account is full..i still use hotmail

Reactions: Mpessey

I’ve been getting them too I don’t have Netflix tho so I reported them and then blocked them

Reactions: Ricki

I get the Netflix email regularly along with the iinet ones telling me to update my payment info or they will suspend my service. I know each time they are scammers but I always check my accounts just in case but never by clicking any links

Yes, we also go one of those, I ended up phoning them, and the same with Linkt - I am losing track of how many stupid and time wasting scam things there are out there right now. Even MacAffee is sending emails, and we have not dealt with them for years. So much for telco's being on the case to block this sort of stuff.

Reactions: Colette 3799
I receive them almost daily and I don’t have Netflix. I just delete them along with other scam emails including iCloud storage

I have been getting at least one if not two emails daily at the moment from Netflix as they spell it funny enough I don’t even have a Netflix account. Just delete as with others that are coming through

• Haha
Reactions: MariaG
Surely the first thing you would do is log on the Netflix to check. Of course, don't click it.
These scams are so prevalent now, I have to wonder how people can still fall foul to them.
It's obvious they are scouring the emails they have at their disposal and send these Netflix messages on the off chance some of the thousands do have Netflix.

The downside of advancement in technology is that you cannot believe anything you see or hear.
Unfortunately every email, text, phone call must be considered a scam unless you can prove otherwise by an independent method.

Reactions: Abby2 and MariaG
The downside of advancement in technology is that you cannot believe anything you see or hear.
Unfortunately every email, text, phone call must be considered a scam unless you can prove otherwise by an independent method.
Well put bev :)

Just today I have received 11 scam emails. Some of them Netflix, McAfee, Mc@Afee, UPS, Shipment@tracking (my parcel is waiting for me somewhere.. I am not expecting anything), my UPS account expires soon, _Congrat_ You won Samsonite Proxis Suitcase entry, Netflix renewal, etc.... I have been blocking them every day, but they still manage to sneak through. All of today's email addresses ends with "-sfr.fr".
This is an everyday occurrence, very annoying, but beside blocking them, can't do more about it. It is still morning, so I can expect a few more by tonight. Main thing is not to click or open them, just delete them straight away.

Reactions: MariaG
Just today I have received 11 scam emails. Some of them Netflix, McAfee, Mc@Afee, UPS, Shipment@tracking (my parcel is waiting for me somewhere.. I am not expecting anything), my UPS account expires soon, _Congrat_ You won Samsonite Proxis Suitcase entry, Netflix renewal, etc.... I have been blocking them every day, but they still manage to sneak through. All of today's email addresses ends with "-sfr.fr".
This is an everyday occurrence, very annoying, but beside blocking them, can't do more about it. It is still morning, so I can expect a few more by tonight. Main thing is not to click or open them, just delete them straight away.
Have you contacted your IPS provider about it ???
Which company are you with ???

Hello everyone, I was hacked a while ago. I shared this with you. The fallout. My biggest issue is I see good in people. The fake microsoft man was setting up the hake. You are all asking why didn't I check up on him? That never entered my mind. The hackers got into My Gov site. (My security was inadequate.) By using My Gov site they used my email to send requests to centrelink.They applied for a job seekers pension, which was rejected by centrelink. The second alarming one, they were appying for an equity loan on my property. Centrelink sent me an email.I didn't trust it. I get a call from Centrelink, asking did I make a claim, I said NO! I didn't want to talk to her anymore. She rang back & I called this centrelink women a scammer & hung up on her. The equity loan that the hackers seeked , was declined. My Gov has been deleted now. I got a fake tax assessments from the hackers. (owing $4000 ) The ATO have taken my voice ID & put a lock on my tax file number to any online transactios including accountants. My identity was stolen. I now have Trend Micro Maximum Security for my computer. I have had to open another account for my centrelink pension. Hackers also sent fake text messages. I have gained more knowledge from this. It won't happen again. Bye everyone. Be kind to yourself.