NeeseK

Jan 8, 2024
Electricity and Gas Tips

I would recommend all customers to check energy bills especially gas .
I received an SMS from Energy Australia re an estimated gas bill on a property I had moved into.
I was advised that I could self check. I was having surgery so requested an extension and forgot to call.
I received a 3-month account for $989 . I self-checked and found discrepancies in the reading.
Revised bill was $146.
Energy companies want you to self-check as it saves them wages on meter reading.
Many people have direct debit and don’t check. Others presume prices have increased and don’t check. I urge everyone to be vigilant and check their bills.

Electricity and Gas Tips

I would recommend all customers to check energy bills especially gas .
I received an SMS from Energy Australia re an estimated gas bill on a property I had moved into.
I was advised that I could self check. I was having surgery so requested an extension and forgot to call.
I received a 3-month account for $989 . I self-checked and found discrepancies in the reading.
Revised bill was $146.
Energy companies want you to self-check as it saves them wages on meter reading.
Many people have direct debit and don’t check. Others presume prices have increased and don’t check. I urge everyone to be vigilant and check their bills.
Hi @NeeseK ! I agree! It wouldn't hurt to be vigilant, especially when there's a significant change to the amount we're used to paying for. Thank you for this reminder! Take care and stay safe always! Cheers!

Same happened to me months ago, I contacted provider and they wanted me to take pic of meter reading as the reader might not have been able to get in for accurate reading due to "gate locked, dog presence etc. I advised them meter was out front of house, no dog, no front fencing. It was adjusted by them but they were trying to put it back on me...the person I spoke to told me they usually just make a reading of what they assume you have used... so much for there care and service..NIL,,,,

I save a lot more then the above info . I use gas for cooking and bought a 9 kg gas bottle and that lasts 1 yr before it is empty . To fill up costs $24.- So per year it only costs me $ 24.- for gas , no hiring bottles or what’s so ever .
We have a smart electricity meter and is connected to the internet , so one needs to get on to our property . Our yard is fully gated and have a bell for delivery . If we know people are coming , we open the gate in advance .

I would like to know how gas became as dear as electricity ...mi bill has recently gone from ave $95 to $390 p/ qtr for same period..I live alone yet get bills similar to my friends who have large families...I think there is a lot of guesswork on their bills..I noticed my elect bill jumped when they gave me a "smart"meter my usage has reduced yet my bills increase..(ive had the meters checked for illegal attachments)

• Wow
Reactions: DLHM
I would like to know how gas became as dear as electricity ...mi bill has recently gone from ave $95 to $390 p/ qtr for same period..I live alone yet get bills similar to my friends who have large families...I think there is a lot of guesswork on their bills..I noticed my elect bill jumped when they gave me a "smart"meter my usage has reduced yet my bills increase..(ive had the meters checked for illegal attachments)
I'd suggest you pull out some old bills, ie same period last year and check whether its your consumption (units of energy) have increased or whether the price per unit of energy has increased. Maybe your contract has ended and your no longer getting (for example) a 40% discount as previously. A comparison to old bills should help find the cause.

Reactions: DLHM
My Son was actually telling me about this yesterday.
He checked his meter reading, and he was actually in credit.