Dolly Parton and Lionel Richie inducted into Rock & Roll Hall of Fame

There's nothing quite like the lure of a timely nostalgia trip. Especially when it involves an entire evening dedicated to celebrating your favourite music legends.

This weekend, several legendary musicians were inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame during a ceremony in LA.

The artists in this year's millennium induction class all made an impact on the music world in the '70s and '80s, which left a lasting legacy on today's music scene.

Dolly Parton, a country music icon, was among them. She was admittedly reluctant to join the hall, so it was quite the turnabout when she agreed to accept the induction.

She recalled asking the Rock Hall to be withdrawn from the list of nominees just a few months ago, saying she doubted if she should be in a group like this because she hadn't 'earned the right' yet.

Dolly Parton performed at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony. Credit: Invision/Chris Pizzello.

However, she decided to accept the honour, after all, saying that her husband convinced her and told her that this was an opportunity for them to get a front-row seat in their favourite show.

'I'm a rockstar now!' Parton said.

But now that she's officially a member, she said that she has decided to record a rock album.

Parton also shared an overview of her secretive married life, saying that her husband enjoys rock music greatly and that it is frequently played in their home.

The country music icon said: 'He's always said you ought to do it.'

'Timing is everything.’

During the ceremony, Dolly shined on the stage with legendary artists like Annie Lenox, Pink, Sheryl Crow, and Zac Brown, who performed alongside her to some of her greatest hits including 'Jolene', '9 to 5', and 'Coat of Many Colours'.

Lionel_Richie_in_2017.jpg

Lionel Richie was also included in Rock Hall's class of 2022. Credit: State Department/Public Domain.

It was a night to remember at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame ceremony, with some of music's biggest names being inducted into the prestigious institution.

Among those honoured was Lionel Richie who was inducted by Lenny Kravitz. In his speech, Kravitz praised Richie, labelling him as 'love personified' and saying that his songs are 'the soundtrack of my life – your life – everyone’s life'.

He went on to list some all-time Richie classics like 'Three Times a Lady' and 'All Night Long'.

Richie remarked backstage that the Rock Hall was a fitting location to summarise his singular career as a singer and composer who spanned funk, country, R&B, soft-rock, and Caribbean influences.

Considering that there are only 300 or so inductees, he added: 'I started out as a fan. So when you think on where we are, where I am, this is a couple of universes away from my original beginnings.'

'But the way you see the body of work, what I think about is how many artists put their time in and didn’t get to a destination. I’m very blessed.'

Key Takeaways

• The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame has made room for new members.
  • Among the new members are Dolly Parton, Lionel Richie, and Eminem.
  • The 2022 class of inductees is among the more diverse in the hall’s history.
  • The event won’t be televised until Nov. 19 on HBO and HBO Max.

The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 2022 class of inductees was among the most diverse in the hall’s history, which included acts representing hip-hop (Eminem), country music (Parton), R&B (Richie), new wave (Duran Duran and Eurythmics), soft rock (Carly Simon), and hard rock (Pat Benatar & Neil Giraldo).

Other acts that were inducted included Judas Priest and Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis who both received 'awards for musical excellence'.

The induction ceremony will soon be televised on HBO and HBO Max on November 19.

For more information on the inductees, we encourage checking out this link.

There you have it, folks! What are your favourite songs from Dolly Parton? How about Lionel Richie? Share them with us in the comments below.

Sponsored
There's nothing quite like the lure of a timely nostalgia trip. Especially when it involves an entire evening dedicated to celebrating your favourite music legends.

This weekend, several legendary musicians were inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame during a ceremony in LA.

The artists in this year's millennium induction class all made an impact on the music world in the '70s and '80s, which left a lasting legacy on today's music scene.

Dolly Parton, a country music icon, was among them. She was admittedly reluctant to join the hall, so it was quite the turnabout when she agreed to accept the induction.

She recalled asking the Rock Hall to be withdrawn from the list of nominees just a few months ago, saying she doubted if she should be in a group like this because she hadn't 'earned the right' yet.

Dolly Parton performed at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony. Credit: Invision/Chris Pizzello.

However, she decided to accept the honour, after all, saying that her husband convinced her and told her that this was an opportunity for them to get a front-row seat in their favourite show.

'I'm a rockstar now!' Parton said.

But now that she's officially a member, she said that she has decided to record a rock album.

Parton also shared an overview of her secretive married life, saying that her husband enjoys rock music greatly and that it is frequently played in their home.

The country music icon said: 'He's always said you ought to do it.'

'Timing is everything.’

During the ceremony, Dolly shined on the stage with legendary artists like Annie Lenox, Pink, Sheryl Crow, and Zac Brown, who performed alongside her to some of her greatest hits including 'Jolene', '9 to 5', and 'Coat of Many Colours'.

Lionel_Richie_in_2017.jpg

Lionel Richie was also included in Rock Hall's class of 2022. Credit: State Department/Public Domain.

It was a night to remember at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame ceremony, with some of music's biggest names being inducted into the prestigious institution.

Among those honoured was Lionel Richie who was inducted by Lenny Kravitz. In his speech, Kravitz praised Richie, labelling him as 'love personified' and saying that his songs are 'the soundtrack of my life – your life – everyone’s life'.

He went on to list some all-time Richie classics like 'Three Times a Lady' and 'All Night Long'.

Richie remarked backstage that the Rock Hall was a fitting location to summarise his singular career as a singer and composer who spanned funk, country, R&B, soft-rock, and Caribbean influences.

Considering that there are only 300 or so inductees, he added: 'I started out as a fan. So when you think on where we are, where I am, this is a couple of universes away from my original beginnings.'

'But the way you see the body of work, what I think about is how many artists put their time in and didn’t get to a destination. I’m very blessed.'

Key Takeaways

• The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame has made room for new members.
  • Among the new members are Dolly Parton, Lionel Richie, and Eminem.
  • The 2022 class of inductees is among the more diverse in the hall’s history.
  • The event won’t be televised until Nov. 19 on HBO and HBO Max.

The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 2022 class of inductees was among the most diverse in the hall’s history, which included acts representing hip-hop (Eminem), country music (Parton), R&B (Richie), new wave (Duran Duran and Eurythmics), soft rock (Carly Simon), and hard rock (Pat Benatar & Neil Giraldo).

Other acts that were inducted included Judas Priest and Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis who both received 'awards for musical excellence'.

The induction ceremony will soon be televised on HBO and HBO Max on November 19.

For more information on the inductees, we encourage checking out this link.

There you have it, folks! What are your favourite songs from Dolly Parton? How about Lionel Richie? Share them with us in the comments below.
OMG I just adore Dolly.

Reactions: Ricci
Love Dolly OMG I would have thought she was already in The Hall Of Fame

Love all her songs especially Coat of Many Colours and Jolene

Lionel Richie I also thought was already added to Hall of Fame
He has too many songs as well but up there must be All Night Long , stuck on you and Say You say me

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Ricci and LorelleD