SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Vella Gonzaga

Vella Gonzaga

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 23, 2021
Do you have a favourite winter activity you’re excited about?

Hey members!

Can you believe it? We've officially hit the first day of June, which means winter has gracefully made its entrance! So, how's the weather treating you in your corner of the world? Are you embracing the chilly temperatures with open arms, or do you find yourself already longing for the warmth of summer? ❄️

Speaking of winter, I have a question for you all. Do you have a favourite winter pastime that gets you all excited and giddy? Maybe it's the thrill of conquering those snowy slopes on skis or snowboards. ⛷️Or perhaps you're more of a cosy soul, relishing those moments when you can snuggle up with a good book by the fireplace, sipping on a steaming cuppa. ☕

I’d love to hear all about your favourite winter activities and what makes them so special to you.

compressed-winter.jpeg
Credits: Unsplash

I live in Bundaberg which is about 4 or 5 hrs from Brisbane. It is usually lovely weather at this time of the year. However it has been freezing cold and I don't like the cold. Hate it in fact.

My electricity bill will be high and I don't mind, idd rather pay it than be cold. A lot of my neighbours are the same.
I feel sorry for people living in tents and vans of which there are a lot up here.
Singalong

• Sad
Reactions: Jarred Santos
I live in Bundaberg which is about 4 or 5 hrs from Brisbane. It is usually lovely weather at this time of the year. However it has been freezing cold and I don't like the cold. Hate it in fact.

My electricity bill will be high and I don't mind, idd rather pay it than be cold. A lot of my neighbours are the same.
I feel sorry for people living in tents and vans of which there are a lot up here.
Singalong
Good on you for remembering them at this time, @Singalong 🙏
I live on the gold coast
Ideal weather conditions
Since I'm retired I sit every morning in the sun to get my vitamin D
That's the best activity
Lovely habit to get into, @Gaby 56! The fresh air and the birdsong must be wonderful to see and hear first thing :)

In 2019, I returned from living in a desert region in USA for almost 10 years, to my home country of Australia. I am still trying to cope with the briskness of the day-time cool weather.

• Wow
Reactions: Jarred Santos
In 2019, I returned from living in a desert region in USA for almost 10 years, to my home country of Australia. I am still trying to cope with the briskness of the day-time cool weather.
Oh wow --- do you mind if I ask why you switched to the US and returned? No need to be specific, of course :D