Discover this ‘nostalgic’ find hidden in a supermarket for 24 years!

Finding a token from the past can be an exciting experience, especially when it's found in the most unexpected of places.

Imagine the surprise of a supermarket worker who stumbled upon a 24-year-old piece of history hidden between the shelves.

This shocking discovery has not only stunned social media users but also sparked a wave of nostalgia and curiosity.

The story begins with a routine supermarket remodel.

As the shelves were being moved around, a hidden treasure was revealed.

The wife of a man, who shared the story in an online group called Old Shops Australia, found a block of chocolate dating back to the 2000 Sydney Olympics.

Screenshot 2024-02-05 092230.png
A woman found a Cadbury’s chocolate bar from the 2000 Sydney Olympics during store renovation. Image: Facebook/Old Shops Australia

This wasn't just any chocolate bar, but a Cadbury’s 250-gram block featuring the mascots of the Sydney Olympics—Syd the Platypus, Millie the Echidna, and Olly the Kookaburra.

The chocolate bar, ‘still wrapped up with chocolate inside’, had been wedged between two shelves for nearly a quarter of a century.

The discovery of this vintage sweet treat has left social media users in awe, with many daring the woman to taste the 24-year-old chocolate.

The post sparked a flurry of comments from people on social media.

'Oh wow! This brings back memories! A near 24-year-old block of chocolate! Would anyone be up for tasting it?! Wonder how much it’s worth? How long since the supermarket had a good clean and update?! So many questions,' said one person.

‘Did she have a bite? I would’ve,’ another one said.

‘Partly want this to go to a museum, partly just wanna see it unwrapped,’ one commented.

‘I had the Paralympics 2000 tea towels and the last one just bit the dust because my dog got to it,’ another shared.

‘Brings back memories,’ one said.

The discovery also triggered a wave of nostalgia among other social media users.

‘That’s an awesome find! I was in year 12 that year,’ another user said.

‘Oh wow! Memory unlocked,’ one added.

‘Just the wrapper alone is going for $35 on eBay. I would hold onto it if I were you,’ another claimed.

Supermarkets are often seen as mundane places where we go about our routine shopping.

However, this story shows that they can also be treasure troves of hidden gems.

These finds not only provide a fascinating glimpse into the past but also serve as a reminder that even in the most ordinary places, extraordinary discoveries can be made.

So, the next time you're in a supermarket, take a moment to look around. Who knows, you might just stumble upon a piece of history hidden in plain sight.

Key Takeaways
  • A man reported his wife's discovery of a 24-year-old block of chocolate from the 2000 Sydney Olympics, found during a supermarket remodel.
  • The chocolate, still wrapped, featured the Olympic mascots and stunned social media users with its age.
  • Enthusiastic social media responses included debating the value and edibility of such an aged confectionery item.
  • Some users shared nostalgic memories, while others half-joked about the chocolate's presence, raising questions of cleanliness and historical value.

What do you think about this surprising find, dear readers? Would you dare to taste a 24-year-old chocolate bar? Share your thoughts in the comments below.

Sponsored
‘I had the Paralympics 2000 tea towels and the last one just bit the dust because my dog got to it,’ another shared.

Just think if the dog ate the chocolate instead. Caffeine and theobromine aren't man's best friend....friend.

• Sad
Reactions: DLHM
When my future hubby came from America for a holiday 22 years ago we went down Tasmania for a week and I bought him a “I Love You” chocolate bar from there then and still have it and I still love him as we’re married and living in Australia