Discover the unexpected twist to your breakfast with Bega's new Vegemite spread!

Two of Australia's most beloved food brands, Bega and Vegemite, have joined forces to create a unique fusion spread to revolutionise your breakfast and snack time.

This innovative product combines the creamy goodness of Bega cream cheese with the robust, savoury flavour of Vegemite, promising a taste experience that's quintessentially Aussie.

Starting 15 January, this exciting new product will be available on Woolworths shelves nationwide.

The fusion of these two iconic brands is a testament to the innovative spirit of Australian food manufacturers, who are always looking for new ways to delight the palates of consumers.

Matt Gray, Bega Group's General Manager of Marketing, is confident this new product will be a hit among Australians.

Screenshot 2024-01-12 092936.png
The fusion of Bega cream cheese and Vegemite offers Aussies a unique spread. Image: Bega

'If you're a fan of Vegemite, you won't be disappointed,' he said.

'If Vegemite hasn't won you over just yet, this milder taste of our iconic spread offers a new way to enjoy the punchy flavour Aussies have come to know and love.'

The news of this unique fusion spread has already created a buzz among food bloggers and enthusiasts.

Foodie Mumma Ren, a popular food blogger, shared a photo of the product on social media, sparking a lively discussion among her followers about the best ways to enjoy this new spread.

Suggestions ranged from spreading it on toast or bread to pairing it with leafy greens like spinach or lettuce on a bagel.

Some even suggested using it in puff pastry triangles or scrolls, highlighting the versatility of this new product.

As for where to store this product at home, Mr Gray was clear: 'Bega cream cheese with Vegemite is made with fresh milk and cream sourced from Aussie farms. As you'll find it in the chilled section at your local supermarket, this product belongs in the fridge.'

Bega and Vegemite are two brands that have been part of the Australian culinary landscape for decades.

Bega, known for its high-quality dairy products, has been a household name since its inception in 1899. Vegemite, on the other hand, is a yeast extract spread that has been a staple in Australian pantries since 1923.

The combination of these two iconic brands is not just a fusion of flavours, but also of histories and legacies.

The launch of Bega's cream cheese and Vegemite fusion spread could signal that the trend of combining popular offerings is very much alive in the food industry. After all, fusion spreads, which combine two or more distinct flavours, offer consumers a unique and exciting taste experience.

They also provide an opportunity for food manufacturers to experiment with different flavour combinations and create innovative products that stand out in the market.

So, whether you're a long-time Vegemite lover or a newbie looking to try something different, Bega's new cream cheese and Vegemite fusion spread might be worth a try.

Key Takeaways
  • Bega cream cheese and Vegemite have teamed up to create a new spread combining both iconic Australian brands.
  • The new product will be available on Woolworths shelves nationwide starting Monday.
  • The flavour combination offers a milder taste that aims to appeal to both Vegemite enthusiasts and those new to the flavour.
  • Bega Group emphasises that the product, made with fresh milk and cream sourced from Aussie farms, should be stored in the fridge.

What do you think of this new fusion spread, members? Are you excited to try it? Let us know in the comments below!

Sponsored
Sounds interesting . I am looking forward to try it . I love cream cheese and a thin layer of vegemite on toast, so this could be a winner combination.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gsr and Littleboy8
I like Vegemite and I also like cream cheese.
The blend might taste OK but the price would not.
A jar of Vegemite goes a long way, so it is cost effective.
Much better to stick to the jar I have and buy a home brand cream cheese if I get an unlikely desire to mix the two.
Mix and match is my order for the day.

Two of Australia's most beloved food brands, Bega and Vegemite, have joined forces to create a unique fusion spread to revolutionise your breakfast and snack time.

This innovative product combines the creamy goodness of Bega cream cheese with the robust, savoury flavour of Vegemite, promising a taste experience that's quintessentially Aussie.

Starting 15 January, this exciting new product will be available on Woolworths shelves nationwide.

The fusion of these two iconic brands is a testament to the innovative spirit of Australian food manufacturers, who are always looking for new ways to delight the palates of consumers.

Matt Gray, Bega Group's General Manager of Marketing, is confident this new product will be a hit among Australians.

View attachment 39115
The fusion of Bega cream cheese and Vegemite offers Aussies a unique spread. Image: Bega

'If you're a fan of Vegemite, you won't be disappointed,' he said.

'If Vegemite hasn't won you over just yet, this milder taste of our iconic spread offers a new way to enjoy the punchy flavour Aussies have come to know and love.'

The news of this unique fusion spread has already created a buzz among food bloggers and enthusiasts.

Foodie Mumma Ren, a popular food blogger, shared a photo of the product on social media, sparking a lively discussion among her followers about the best ways to enjoy this new spread.

Suggestions ranged from spreading it on toast or bread to pairing it with leafy greens like spinach or lettuce on a bagel.

Some even suggested using it in puff pastry triangles or scrolls, highlighting the versatility of this new product.

As for where to store this product at home, Mr Gray was clear: 'Bega cream cheese with Vegemite is made with fresh milk and cream sourced from Aussie farms. As you'll find it in the chilled section at your local supermarket, this product belongs in the fridge.'

Bega and Vegemite are two brands that have been part of the Australian culinary landscape for decades.

Bega, known for its high-quality dairy products, has been a household name since its inception in 1899. Vegemite, on the other hand, is a yeast extract spread that has been a staple in Australian pantries since 1923.

The combination of these two iconic brands is not just a fusion of flavours, but also of histories and legacies.

The launch of Bega's cream cheese and Vegemite fusion spread could signal that the trend of combining popular offerings is very much alive in the food industry. After all, fusion spreads, which combine two or more distinct flavours, offer consumers a unique and exciting taste experience.

They also provide an opportunity for food manufacturers to experiment with different flavour combinations and create innovative products that stand out in the market.

So, whether you're a long-time Vegemite lover or a newbie looking to try something different, Bega's new cream cheese and Vegemite fusion spread might be worth a try.

Key Takeaways

• Bega cream cheese and Vegemite have teamed up to create a new spread combining both iconic Australian brands.
  • The new product will be available on Woolworths shelves nationwide starting Monday.
  • The flavour combination offers a milder taste that aims to appeal to both Vegemite enthusiasts and those new to the flavour.
  • Bega Group emphasises that the product, made with fresh milk and cream sourced from Aussie farms, should be stored in the fridge.

What do you think of this new fusion spread, members? Are you excited to try it? Let us know in the comments below!
Would definitely like to try it but being Coeliac can’t. I have used my Mighty Mite with the Bega cream cheese, so I think it would be the closest to the new product. I have never liked the new Gluten Free Vegemite.

Reactions: Littleboy8
I seem to recall years ago there was a product put out that had Vegemite and cheese together. I remember buying a bottle with no name as there was a competition to name it, later on I bought a bottle with the name cheesymite on it. Still got the bottles. Not sure if it is still on the market. This product will probably be much the same.

Reactions: Littleboy8
I seem to recall years ago there was a product put out that had Vegemite and cheese together. I remember buying a bottle with no name as there was a competition to name it, later on I bought a bottle with the name cheesymite on it. Still got the bottles. Not sure if it is still on the market. This product will probably be much the same.
It’s still available at Woolworths😊