Discover the secret staff sticker trick that helped this shopper score free meat at Woolworths!

We all love a good bargain, and as members of the Seniors Discount Club, we take pride in sharing money-saving tips and tricks with our community.

And we’ve all heard of the numerous ways we can score supermarket discounts to significantly reduce our weekly shopping bill, but what if we told you that there’s a way to score free meat at your local Woolworths store?

Case in point: One lucky shopper recently discovered a magical trick after a Woolworths employee spotted them in the store.

Recently, a mum who shared her story in the Facebook group Mums On A Budget revealed that she managed to walk away with $11.35 worth of beef rump steaks, all thanks to a helpful and kind Woolworths employee.

According to her, she was given a special sticker that allowed her to avoid the cost at the checkout.

beef1.jpg
According to this shopper, there’s a special sticker that can help you score free meat at Woolworths. Credit: mali maeder/Pexels

The sticker read ‘Team Member Purchase’ and was placed over the barcode of the steak packets, which were within their best before date. As it turns out, this seems to be a nifty little trick to help customers in-store.

‘Not sure if this has happened to anyone else, but when we were at Woolies today, a staff member chased us down and stuck this sticker over the barcode of some steak we had in our trolley,’ the mum wrote on social media.

‘He then told us it would be free at check out, and it was! I wonder if this is a new campaign they have going, but it was honestly so, so appreciated,’ the mum continued.

Supermarket's secret generosity revealed

The shopper's story quickly gathered attention, and many were surprised to learn that such a thing could actually happen in stores.

‘Amazing,' one social media user wrote.

While another said: ‘Be right back; just doing all my shopping at Woolies now.’

One user even joked about wanting the same treatment for their whole trolley.

beef2.jpg
Many were stunned at the mum’s story. Credit: Facebook

Though some sceptics questioned the legitimacy of the story and suspected something dodgy going on, others reassured them that this act of kindness was authentic.

‘It’s not a scam or staff doing the dodgy! It’s a random act of kindness. The managers would communicate to all staff how/what/when they’d be doing it so all staff would be aware. The check seal would be over the barcode to prevent it being scanned by CO or to advise self-serve staff,’ a social media user explained.

Other shoppers also chimed in to say that they have experienced similar generosity in the past. Even one of the SDC team confirmed they’ve received a free box of Cadbury Favourites with this sticker in the past.

While we can't guarantee that everyone will snatch a freebie on their next trip to Woolworths, this story of an act of kindness is a much-needed reminder that there are still those making the extra effort to bring a smile to others.

And next time you're on a grocery run, keep an eye out for hidden discounts or other tips that could save you a dollar or two. Need inspiration? Check out this article to see how one savvy Woolworths Rewards member scored more than $2,000 worth of groceries for little-to-no money whatsoever.

Happy shopping!
Key Takeaways
  • A shopper scored free meat at Woolworths with the help of a special staff sticker.
  • The sticker read ‘Team Member Purchase’ and was placed over the barcode of the steak packets, allowing her to skip the cost at the checkout.
  • The mum shared her story in the Facebook group Mums On A Budget, and many were stunned by this supermarket secret.
  • Some customers insisted that the story was too good to be true, but others said it was legitimate, attributing it to a random act of kindness from the Woolworths employee.
Have you ever heard of this Woolworths promotion before? Or have you ever received free items in the past? Share your stories and tips with us in the comments section below!

Sponsored
We all love a good bargain, and as members of the Seniors Discount Club, we take pride in sharing money-saving tips and tricks with our community.

And we’ve all heard of the numerous ways we can score supermarket discounts to significantly reduce our weekly shopping bill, but what if we told you that there’s a way to score free meat at your local Woolworths store?

Case in point: One lucky shopper recently discovered a magical trick after a Woolworths employee spotted them in the store.

Recently, a mum who shared her story in the Facebook group Mums On A Budget revealed that she managed to walk away with $11.35 worth of beef rump steaks, all thanks to a helpful and kind Woolworths employee.

According to her, she was given a special sticker that allowed her to avoid the cost at the checkout.

View attachment 20975
According to this shopper, there’s a special sticker that can help you score free meat at Woolworths. Credit: mali maeder/Pexels

The sticker read ‘Team Member Purchase’ and was placed over the barcode of the steak packets, which were within their best before date. As it turns out, this seems to be a nifty little trick to help customers in-store.

‘Not sure if this has happened to anyone else, but when we were at Woolies today, a staff member chased us down and stuck this sticker over the barcode of some steak we had in our trolley,’ the mum wrote on social media.

‘He then told us it would be free at check out, and it was! I wonder if this is a new campaign they have going, but it was honestly so, so appreciated,’ the mum continued.

The shopper's story quickly gathered attention, and many were surprised to learn that such a thing could actually happen in stores.

View attachment 20976

Though some sceptics questioned the legitimacy of the story and suspected something dodgy going on, others reassured them that this act of kindness was authentic.

‘It’s not a scam or staff doing the dodgy! It’s a random act of kindness. The managers would communicate to all staff how/what/when they’d be doing it so all staff would be aware. The check seal would be over the barcode to prevent it being scanned by CO or to advise self-serve staff,’ a social media user explained.

Other shoppers also chimed in to say that they have experienced similar generosity in the past. Even one of the SDC team confirmed they’ve received a free box of Cadbury Favourites with this sticker in the past.

While we can't guarantee that everyone will snatch a freebie on their next trip to Woolworths, this story of an act of kindness is a much-needed reminder that there are still those making the extra effort to bring a smile to others.

And next time you're on a grocery run, keep an eye out for hidden discounts or other tips that could save you a dollar or two. Need inspiration? Check out this article to see how one savvy Woolworths Rewards member scored more than $2,000 worth of groceries for little-to-no money whatsoever.

Happy shopping!
Key Takeaways

• A shopper scored free meat at Woolworths with the help of a special staff sticker.
  • The sticker read ‘Team Member Purchase’ and was placed over the barcode of the steak packets, allowing her to skip the cost at the checkout.
  • The mum shared her story in the Facebook group Mums On A Budget, and many were stunned by this supermarket secret.
  • Some customers insisted that the story was too good to be true, but others said it was legitimate, attributing it to a random act of kindness from the Woolworths employee.
Have you ever heard of this Woolworths promotion before? Or have you ever received free items in the past? Share your stories and tips with us in the comments section below!
Yes an act of kindness with a hidden agenda- get people talking, get them in the store, get them spending the money in that store just in case! Very clever tactic, a bit like buying lotto tix! U cant win if you dont spend the money in the first place! Hopefully some people doing it tough end up with the goods tho less likely if those battlers cant afford to buy the meat to begin with i guesz

View attachment 20975

View attachment 20976

Happy shopping!
Key Takeaways

Yes an act of kindness with a hidden agenda- get people talking, get them in the store, get them spending the money in that store just in case! Very clever tactic, a bit like buying lotto tix! U cant win if you dont spend the money in the first place! Hopefully some people doing it tough end up with the goods tho less likely if those battlers cant afford to buy the meat to begin with

I am a disabled shopper so I used to do my shopping online. I joined their Insurance for my car, and I was getting 10% off my shop every month. Now Woolworths have decided that only people who shop in-store can get the 10% off. This certainly disadvantage disabled shoppers.

I am a disabled shopper so I used to do my shopping online. I joined their Insurance for my car, and I was getting 10% off my shop every month. Now Woolworths have decided that only people who shop in-store can get the 10% off. This certainly disadvantage disabled shoppers.
That is more than horrible - send the manager an email, and see what happens:_)

View attachment 20975

View attachment 20976

Happy shopping!
Key Takeaways

Never heard of it. It would be nice to be lucky sometimes!

Sounds like discrimination to me ElizaKaye: have you tried ringing Customer Service and asking why you have been discriminated against? - nicely of course ;)

No, it doesn't disadvantage disabled shoppers. It disadvantages EVERYONE who does their shopping online.

Reactions: Tervueren
Sounds like discrimination to me ElizaKaye: have you tried ringing Customer Service and asking why you have been discriminated against? - nicely of course ;)
It is NOT discrimination towards disabled shoppers at all. EVERYONE shopping online will be subjected to the same changes. Don't forget this is a benefit of PAYING a subscription for these extra discounts and are subject to change at any time - read the T&Cs.

Reactions: Tervueren

View attachment 20975

View attachment 20976

Happy shopping!
Key Takeaways

When my ship comes in, I'll be at the bloody AIRPORT.