$2,000 grocery haul for only $15? See how this Woolworths Rewards member did it

It's every shopper's dream to get the biggest bang for their buck and, it turns out, there really is a way to achieve that. All you need is a little bit of dedication and some smarter shopping.

This was the case for one savvy Woolworths Rewards member when they scored more than $2,000 worth of groceries for little-to-no money whatsoever.

One shopper’s continued loyalty to Woolies paid off when she nabbed over $2,000 worth of Christmas groceries for less than $15. The woman shared how she dedicated herself to shopping almost exclusively at the supermarket giant throughout the whole year.

She said that by using a couple of nifty tricks, she worked out how to get a total of 14 per cent off every time she shopped online.

shop1.jpg
The customer was fortunate enough to reap the rewards from her loyalty to Woolworths throughout the year. Credit: Tima Miroshnichenko/Pexels

The dedicated Woolworths customer earned 10 per cent off on a purchase of her choice by subscribing to Woolworths’ Everyday Extra program for $7 each month.

She used this discount on her monthly online grocery shop, which she paid for by using the Woolies gift cards that she had on her NRMA phone app. The gift cards have 4 per cent off on each card.

She repeated this process every time she bought groceries throughout the year, and this dedication earned her an astounding $1,800 in Rewards dollars which she spent on her Christmas groceries.

Her total bill, including the 10 per cent off, was $1,414.88 – with the full-priced value of her groceries amounting to over $2,000! And with the additional 4 per cent discount from her gift cards, the total was $1,358.28. The shopper ended up spending roughly $15 of her own money, and still had over $400 to spare on her Woolworths Rewards card.

woolies.jpg
Using Rewards programs in supermarkets is a great way to save money. Credit: Woolworths

Although the shopper’s subscription to Woolies’ Rewards program set her back $59 for the year, the money she saved in total by the end of the year was worth it.

When she shared her experience on social media, many praised her dedication to getting the most out of the loyalty program.

‘Congratulations. Wow that’s amazing,’ said one.

Another shared that they also did this ‘hack’ every month. ‘I can with 100 per cent certainty confirm that I have received between $50-$100 off every month,’ they added.

Others were amazed that the shopper managed to get more than $50 per shop because they thought that this was the maximum discount.

To which the shopper replied: ‘I have been a member of Everyday Extra since the first week of July this year – this equates to six times that I have been able to use the 10 per cent off code … overall with the six times I have used my 10 per cent off discount code, I have saved $588. Divide this by six and you get $98.’
Key Takeaways

• One shopper showed that it was possible to get great discounts when shopping at Woolworths by being a member of their loyalty program.
  • The woman took advantage of the Woolworths Everyday Extra program, which gave her 10% off on one purchase each month, as well as discounted gift cards from the NRMA phone app (which gave her 4% off).
  • In the end, she managed to get more than $2000 worth of groceries for less than $15.
Do you have other money-saving tips, folks? Share them with us below!

Sponsored
I shop on line and try to stock up on 50 % off items.

I have found coles and flybuys offer more but now that wollies has come up with 10 % off a shop each month is pretty good although it is capped at $50.

I spend between $250 and $300 a week so I in the new year I might spread it over both shops

Reactions: ShannyN and Ricci
It's every shopper's dream to get the biggest bang for their buck and, it turns out, there really is a way to achieve that. All you need is a little bit of dedication and some smarter shopping.

This was the case for one savvy Woolworths Rewards member when they scored more than $2,000 worth of groceries for little-to-no money whatsoever.

One shopper’s continued loyalty to Woolies paid off when she nabbed over $2,000 worth of Christmas groceries for less than $15. The woman shared how she dedicated herself to shopping almost exclusively at the supermarket giant throughout the whole year.

She said that by using a couple of nifty tricks, she worked out how to get a total of 14 per cent off every time she shopped online.

View attachment 10439
The customer was fortunate enough to reap the rewards from her loyalty to Woolworths throughout the year. Credit: Tima Miroshnichenko/Pexels

The dedicated Woolworths customer earned 10 per cent off on a purchase of her choice by subscribing to Woolworths’ Everyday Extra program for $7 each month.

She used this discount on her monthly online grocery shop, which she paid for by using the Woolies gift cards that she had on her NRMA phone app. The gift cards have 4 per cent off on each card.

She repeated this process every time she bought groceries throughout the year, and this dedication earned her an astounding $1,800 in Rewards dollars which she spent on her Christmas groceries.

Her total bill, including the 10 per cent off, was $1,414.88 – with the full-priced value of her groceries amounting to over $2,000! And with the additional 4 per cent discount from her gift cards, the total was $1,358.28. The shopper ended up spending roughly $15 of her own money, and still had over $400 to spare on her Woolworths Rewards card.

View attachment 10440
Using Rewards programs in supermarkets is a great way to save money. Credit: Woolworths

Although the shopper’s subscription to Woolies’ Rewards program set her back $59 for the year, the money she saved in total by the end of the year was worth it.

When she shared her experience on social media, many praised her dedication to getting the most out of the loyalty program.

Another shared that they also did this ‘hack’ every month. ‘I can with 100 per cent certainty confirm that I have received between $50-$100 off every month,’ they added.

Others were amazed that the shopper managed to get more than $50 per shop because they thought that this was the maximum discount.

To which the shopper replied: ‘I have been a member of Everyday Extra since the first week of July this year – this equates to six times that I have been able to use the 10 per cent off code … overall with the six times I have used my 10 per cent off discount code, I have saved $588. Divide this by six and you get $98.’
Key Takeaways

• One shopper showed that it was possible to get great discounts when shopping at Woolworths by being a member of their loyalty program.
  • The woman took advantage of the Woolworths Everyday Extra program, which gave her 10% off on one purchase each month, as well as discounted gift cards from the NRMA phone app (which gave her 4% off).
  • In the end, she managed to get more than $2000 worth of groceries for less than $15.

View attachment 10439

View attachment 10440

Key Takeaways

Must buy a lot of groceries each month. You could probably get more off gift cards with ShopBack.

Reactions: Liz and Ricci
rewards program (extra?) cost her 59? 7 per mth @ 7 each month = 84
I shop on line and try to stock up on 50 % off items.

I have found coles and flybuys offer more but now that wollies has come up with 10 % off a shop each month is pretty good although it is capped at $50.

I spend between $250 and $300 a week so I in the new year I might spread it over both shops
wish I could afford that, that's my weekly rent right there I spend about 100 per month on food all of it