Discover the proper way to eat peas!

It's true what they say–learning is for a lifetime.

For many of us, some days off have provided us with the perfect opportunity to switch life up a little and improve ourselves.

Similarly, there are lots of household basics that we just can't believe we never knew.

One of those long-overlooked household tips has been uncovered recently, thanks to Etiquette Coach William Hanson's insight into how we should eat one particular vegetable–peas.

Peas are particularly tricky hangers-on to cutlery, often slipping off before you can get them to your mouth.

But etiquette expert William Hanson has come to the rescue to share the correct way we should be eating peas all this time–and it's a little different to what we'd expect.

'You're probably eating your peas incorrectly,' he said.

'We never shovel them onto the underside of the fork and bring them up to the mouth because they fly everywhere,’ he added.

Coach Hanson suggested, 'Instead, using the back of your knife, push and spear some peas onto the tines of your fork.’

'You'll have a neat little collection which you can eat with ease!' he added.

Screenshot 2023-11-24 121432.png
Etiquette Coach William Hanson shares a proper way to eat peas! Image: TikTok / @williamhansonetiquette

This technique may at first sound complicated, but it's actually incredibly simple and not as labour-intensive as we might think. Plus, you look a lot classier when you're doing it! What more could you want?

If you haven't tried it yet, maybe you can give it a go–it just might change the way you experience mealtimes.

What is suggested you avoid, though, is using a big spoon to eat peas. The big spoon will also take a lot longer than the more delightful approach suggested by William, and it's a good way to make a mess.

Instead, make the most of your cutlery and use them to their fullest extent.

Screenshot 2023-11-24 121505.png
Coach Hanson recommends, ‘Push and spear some peas onto the tines of your fork.’ Image: TikTok / @williamhansonetiquette

People on social media appreciated Coach Hanson for his advice and shared some tips of their own:

'Not even joking, this is genuinely some of the most useful information that I’ve ever gotten from social media,' one said.

'Or get your mashed potatoes and use that to dip your peas, without losing a single one of them,' another advised.

However, other users said that they’ve never had trouble eating their peas:

'Why would I just order a bowl of peas?' a user asked.

'I'm just going to use a spoon–it'll also prevent my knife and fork from scratching across a plate,' a person added.

You can watch Coach Hanson’s full video below:

Key Takeaways
  • Etiquette coach William Hanson has shared the correct method of eating peas.
  • Mr Hanson suggests spearing peas onto the fork rather than attempting to scoop them up.
  • He demonstrated this technique in a video tutorial, advising to use the back of one's knife to push peas onto the tines of the fork.
  • Many online users found his advice useful, while others say they never had trouble eating their peas.

Members, have you been using Hanson's technique? We'd love to hear your thoughts on his advice! Let us know in the comments below!

Sponsored

For many of us, some days off have provided us with the perfect opportunity to switch life up a little and improve ourselves.

Similarly, there are lots of household basics that we just can't believe we never knew.

One of those long-overlooked household tips has been uncovered recently, thanks to Etiquette Coach William Hanson's insight into how we should eat one particular vegetable–peas.

Peas are particularly tricky hangers-on to cutlery, often slipping off before you can get them to your mouth.

But etiquette expert William Hanson has come to the rescue to share the correct way we should be eating peas all this time–and it's a little different to what we'd expect.

'We never shovel them onto the underside of the fork and bring them up to the mouth because they fly everywhere,’ he added.

Coach Hanson suggested, 'Instead, using the back of your knife, push and spear some peas onto the tines of your fork.’

View attachment 35687
Etiquette Coach William Hanson shares a proper way to eat peas! Image: TikTok / @williamhansonetiquette

This technique may at first sound complicated, but it's actually incredibly simple and not as labour-intensive as we might think. Plus, you look a lot classier when you're doing it! What more could you want?

If you haven't tried it yet, maybe you can give it a go–it just might change the way you experience mealtimes.

What is suggested you avoid, though, is using a big spoon to eat peas. The big spoon will also take a lot longer than the more delightful approach suggested by William, and it's a good way to make a mess.

View attachment 35688
Coach Hanson recommends, ‘Push and spear some peas onto the tines of your fork.’ Image: TikTok / @williamhansonetiquette

People on social media appreciated Coach Hanson for his advice and shared some tips of their own:

'Not even joking, this is genuinely some of the most useful information that I’ve ever gotten from social media,' one said.

'Or get your mashed potatoes and use that to dip your peas, without losing a single one of them,' another advised.

'I'm just going to use a spoon–it'll also prevent my knife and fork from scratching across a plate,' a person added.

Key Takeaways

• Mr Hanson suggests spearing peas onto the fork rather than attempting to scoop them up.
  • He demonstrated this technique in a video tutorial, advising to use the back of one's knife to push peas onto the tines of the fork.
  • Many online users found his advice useful, while others say they never had trouble eating their peas.

Members, have you been using Hanson's technique? We'd love to hear your thoughts on his advice! Let us know in the comments below!

View attachment 35687

View attachment 35688

Key Takeaways

I always cook my peas with honey? it doesn't make them taste different just a little bit sweeter, but it makes them stick to the knife!!

Oh dear, another ten minutes of fame grabber. Does it really matter how we eat our peas, I’m sure most of us have worked out what we find easy for getting them into our mouths.
Oh well yeah but we can have some fun can’t we.🤣anyway look at him what a stuck up Pratt.🤣

I will NEVER eat peas. I’ve hated them all my life. If they are part of the veggies when I go out for a meal i specifically say NO PEAS! My son is exactly the same with baked beans, he can’t even look at them and has been the same since he was a baby.

Reactions: Jarred Santos

View attachment 35687

View attachment 35688

Key Takeaways

Okay I hate the Golf balls of the veggie world! So the way i eat them is to avoid them. but if i end up having too i drown them in tomato sauce and load the sticky mess onto the fork and shovel them in a hurry.

Who cares as long as you get them in your mouth

View attachment 35687

View attachment 35688

Key Takeaways

View attachment 35687

View attachment 35688

Key Takeaways

I eat my peas with honey , I 've done it all my life. I makes them taste a bit funny, but it keeps them on my knife MIKE