Discover the new strategy Big W is using to attract online shoppers - Will they win you over?

Big W, one of Australia's most popular superstore chains, is stepping up its game in the digital retail space. The company has recently launched an online marketplace, aptly named 'The Big W Market', in a bid to attract more online shoppers and expand its customer base. This move is part of a broader business strategy aimed at enhancing the shopping experience for customers across Australia.

The Big W Market: A New Shopping Experience

The Big W Market, which made its debut this week, is designed to 'complement and extend' the existing product range offered by Big W. The focus of this new online marketplace is on furniture, home decor, outdoor living, tech, and appliances.

Big W has stated that the marketplace will give customers across Australia access to more than 9000 extra products. These products come from a variety of brands, including Appliances Online, Emma Sleep, Keezi, and Embellir. This means that customers will have a wider range of options to choose from, all in one convenient location.

1091081_704317226261024_400902294_o.jpg
Big W now has an online marketplace to ease customer shopping! Image: Facebook.

Rewarding Loyal Customers

In addition to offering a wider range of products, Big W is also rewarding its customers for shopping at the new online marketplace. Customers will accrue Everyday Rewards points while shopping, which can be redeemed for discounts on future purchases. The points will be added to a shopper's account after their purchases have been sent, making the shopping experience even more rewarding.

Free Delivery for All Big W Market Products

One of the major advantages of shopping at the Big W Market is that all products include free delivery. This is a significant benefit for customers, as it eliminates the additional costs often associated with online shopping.

'Our new marketplace offer reflects our commitment to providing an extended range of brands, ensuring our customers find unbeatable value in every shop,' said Damien Dutheil, Big W X director.

Looking Ahead: More Brands to Join the Big W Market

Big W has also announced that more brands are expected to join the Big W Market in the coming months. This means that customers can look forward to an even wider range of products to choose from.

The Big W Market is a significant step forward for Big W in the digital retail space. By offering a wider range of products, rewarding loyal customers, and providing free delivery, Big W is making online shopping more convenient and rewarding for its customers.

The Rise of Online Marketplaces in Australia

The launch of the Big W Market is part of a larger trend in Australia's retail industry. More and more retailers are launching online marketplaces to cater to the growing number of Australians who prefer to shop online.

Online marketplaces offer several advantages for both retailers and customers. For retailers, they provide a platform to reach a larger customer base and sell a wider range of products. For customers, they offer the convenience of shopping from home and the ability to compare prices and products from different brands.

However, the success of an online marketplace depends on several factors, including the range of products offered, the ease of use of the website, and the quality of customer service. It remains to be seen how the Big W Market will fare in these areas.

Key Takeaways

• Big W has launched an online marketplace, Big W Market, aiming to expand its existing product range.
  • The online marketplace will focus on items such as furniture, home decor, outdoor living, tech, and appliances, providing over 9000 additional products from various brands.
  • Customers shopping on the Big W Market platform will be able to accrue Everyday Rewards points which will be added to their account after their purchases are dispatched.
  • As part of the launch, all products from Big W Market will include free delivery, and more brands are expected to join the platform in the coming months.

What do you think of Big W's new online marketplace? Will you be shopping there? Let us know in the comments below.

Sponsored
Wow! This will be an interesting exercise. Our nearest Big W is about 200kms away so obviously I don't shop there, but to be able to shop online and get free delivery just may be a game changer. Watch this space!

Free delivery is a great bonus.
I have been a long time loyal customer of LightintheBox, but recently a member suggested the Temu site.
They stock many of the same clothes, at cheaper prices and the main bonus is free delivery, their delivery time is far superior and they also offer a US,$5 credit on your next purchase if your order does not turn up on the date stated..

This appears to be false post by Senior Discount Club. I went to the site and there was no mention of free delivery. I wanted to purchase some undies for $14 and the delivery charge was $12. Has anyone received free delivery?

This appears to be false post by Senior Discount Club. I went to the site and there was no mention of free delivery. I wanted to purchase some undies for $14 and the delivery charge was $12. Has anyone received free delivery?
I think the free delivery applies to market place items, not items that are stocked in big w all the time.

I prefer going to the store to actually see what I want to buy. Have a look at the price then check online if I can get it cheaper elsewhere like on Amazon or eBay or other sites.

Reactions: magpie1 and maggiej
I'm wary of online sites these days; with so many scammers around it becomes a guessing game as to whether it is a genuine site or not.

I stay off online shopping and prefer to go to a store many of them being reasonably close to me in Brisbane. Each to his own - some have no choice but to either do the hard yards by driving many kilometres to stores or have their buys delivered sometimes at considerable delivery costs.

Big W, one of Australia's most popular superstore chains, is stepping up its game in the digital retail space. The company has recently launched an online marketplace, aptly named 'The Big W Market', in a bid to attract more online shoppers and expand its customer base. This move is part of a broader business strategy aimed at enhancing the shopping experience for customers across Australia.

The Big W Market: A New Shopping Experience

The Big W Market, which made its debut this week, is designed to 'complement and extend' the existing product range offered by Big W. The focus of this new online marketplace is on furniture, home decor, outdoor living, tech, and appliances.

Big W has stated that the marketplace will give customers across Australia access to more than 9000 extra products. These products come from a variety of brands, including Appliances Online, Emma Sleep, Keezi, and Embellir. This means that customers will have a wider range of options to choose from, all in one convenient location.

View attachment 34913
Big W now has an online marketplace to ease customer shopping! Image: Facebook.

Rewarding Loyal Customers

In addition to offering a wider range of products, Big W is also rewarding its customers for shopping at the new online marketplace. Customers will accrue Everyday Rewards points while shopping, which can be redeemed for discounts on future purchases. The points will be added to a shopper's account after their purchases have been sent, making the shopping experience even more rewarding.

Free Delivery for All Big W Market Products

One of the major advantages of shopping at the Big W Market is that all products include free delivery. This is a significant benefit for customers, as it eliminates the additional costs often associated with online shopping.

'Our new marketplace offer reflects our commitment to providing an extended range of brands, ensuring our customers find unbeatable value in every shop,' said Damien Dutheil, Big W X director.

Looking Ahead: More Brands to Join the Big W Market

Big W has also announced that more brands are expected to join the Big W Market in the coming months. This means that customers can look forward to an even wider range of products to choose from.

The Big W Market is a significant step forward for Big W in the digital retail space. By offering a wider range of products, rewarding loyal customers, and providing free delivery, Big W is making online shopping more convenient and rewarding for its customers.

The Rise of Online Marketplaces in Australia

The launch of the Big W Market is part of a larger trend in Australia's retail industry. More and more retailers are launching online marketplaces to cater to the growing number of Australians who prefer to shop online.

Online marketplaces offer several advantages for both retailers and customers. For retailers, they provide a platform to reach a larger customer base and sell a wider range of products. For customers, they offer the convenience of shopping from home and the ability to compare prices and products from different brands.

However, the success of an online marketplace depends on several factors, including the range of products offered, the ease of use of the website, and the quality of customer service. It remains to be seen how the Big W Market will fare in these areas.

Key Takeaways

• Big W has launched an online marketplace, Big W Market, aiming to expand its existing product range.
  • The online marketplace will focus on items such as furniture, home decor, outdoor living, tech, and appliances, providing over 9000 additional products from various brands.
  • Customers shopping on the Big W Market platform will be able to accrue Everyday Rewards points which will be added to their account after their purchases are dispatched.
  • As part of the launch, all products from Big W Market will include free delivery, and more brands are expected to join the platform in the coming months.

What do you think of Big W's new online marketplace? Will you be shopping there? Let us know in the comments below.
I refuse to use any gimmicks.

Reactions: Leenie
Given the appalling safety record of most of the electricals I've bought from BigW in the last five years, I doubt I'll be beating a path to their door. They used to be good; what (other than Covid) happened?

Reactions: Nelope and Leenie