Discover the ingenious trick this Aussie woman used to slash $18 off her petrol bill!

Have you noticed that, lately, the cost of petrol has been making a huge dent in your budget? Thankfully, there are always new and innovative ways to save money and ease some of life's financial burdens—like the petrol 'tip' this Aussie woman happily discovered!

Social media influencer Alex Davidson picked up this nifty trick while shopping at 7-Eleven.

Taking to social media to share her discovery, she said she uses a feature in the My 7-Eleven app (available on App Store and Google Play) called 'Fuel Locking', which allows customers to compare prices and 'lock in' the lowest price they can find for up to seven days.

The post quickly gained traction, earning almost 120,000 views from other cost-conscious shoppers.

Screen Shot 2023-07-12 at 2.10.41 PM.png
The Fuel Lock feature allows you to compare petrol prices at 7-Eleven petrol stations close to you and lock in the lowest fuel price for seven days. Credit: Facebook.

So, how does the Fuel Lock feature work?

With this tool, you can locate nearby 7-Eleven Stores that offer your preferred fuel, all while discovering the best local prices available. And that's not all—if you want to secure the best deal, you can lock in the current local price for your preferred fuel type, for a period of up to 7 days, right from the convenience of the app.

Once you've successfully locked in the price, the app will ensure that your Fuel Lock remains secure until the specified expiry date. When the time comes to fill up your tank, you'll have the privilege of purchasing your selected fuel type at the Fuel Lock price, limited to a single transaction. All you need to do is present your app to redeem your Fuel Lock and enjoy the benefits of this exclusive offer.

'This is your PSA [public service announcement] if you're not using the 7-Eleven app and fuel locking your price. I just saved $18 on my fuel because I locked in a good price and it lasts like seven days. The guy behind the counter was literally shocked,' Davidson said.

And the feedback kept on coming: 'Literally the best thing ever!! I've saved so much using it,' said one follower.

'I saved $25 the other day; I was so happy,' said another.

'I saved $42 once! Locked in 98 for $1.60 in Bathurst and filled up in Sydney where it was $2.40,' a third commenter said.

Suppose you don't have any 7-Eleven stores nearby, no need to fret! You still have alternative ways to compare and save on fuel prices.

One such solution is the Petrol Spy website, a clever tool designed to assist you in finding the lowest price for the fuel you require. Simply enter your city or postcode, and voila! All the necessary details will be right at your fingertips.

Gone are the days when saving on petrol was a tedious task. Thanks to today's technology, a few simple clicks and taps on your phone can make a significant difference to your wallet. Who would have thought it could be so effortless?

Key Takeaways

• A savvy Sydneysider has found a simple fuel-saving technique using the 7-Eleven app, which allowed her to save $18.
  • The app allows you to compare petrol prices at 7-Eleven petrol stations and lock in the lowest fuel price for seven days.
  • The feature is highly appreciated by many customers who commented on her social media post, some of whom shared their savings experiences.
  • If there are no 7-Eleven stores nearby, it is suggested to use other online tools, such as the Petrol Spy website, to compare fuel prices.

Members, have you tried this clever trick? Have you saved yourself some money at the pump? Let us know by commenting below!

Sponsored
Have you noticed that, lately, the cost of petrol has been making a huge dent in your budget? Thankfully, there are always new and innovative ways to save money and ease some of life's financial burdens—like the petrol 'tip' this Aussie woman happily discovered!

Social media influencer Alex Davidson picked up this nifty trick while shopping at 7-Eleven.

Taking to social media to share her discovery, she said she uses a feature in the My 7-Eleven app (available on App Store and Google Play) called 'Fuel Locking', which allows customers to compare prices and 'lock in' the lowest price they can find for up to seven days.

The post quickly gained traction, earning almost 120,000 views from other cost-conscious shoppers.

View attachment 24895
The Fuel Lock feature allows you to compare petrol prices at 7-Eleven petrol stations close to you and lock in the lowest fuel price for seven days. Credit: Facebook.

With this tool, you can locate nearby 7-Eleven Stores that offer your preferred fuel, all while discovering the best local prices available. And that's not all—if you want to secure the best deal, you can lock in the current local price for your preferred fuel type, for a period of up to 7 days, right from the convenience of the app.

Once you've successfully locked in the price, the app will ensure that your Fuel Lock remains secure until the specified expiry date. When the time comes to fill up your tank, you'll have the privilege of purchasing your selected fuel type at the Fuel Lock price, limited to a single transaction. All you need to do is present your app to redeem your Fuel Lock and enjoy the benefits of this exclusive offer.

'This is your PSA [public service announcement] if you're not using the 7-Eleven app and fuel locking your price. I just saved $18 on my fuel because I locked in a good price and it lasts like seven days. The guy behind the counter was literally shocked,' Davidson said.

And the feedback kept on coming: 'Literally the best thing ever!! I've saved so much using it,' said one follower.

'I saved $42 once! Locked in 98 for $1.60 in Bathurst and filled up in Sydney where it was $2.40,' a third commenter said.

Suppose you don't have any 7-Eleven stores nearby, no need to fret! You still have alternative ways to compare and save on fuel prices.

One such solution is the Petrol Spy website, a clever tool designed to assist you in finding the lowest price for the fuel you require. Simply enter your city or postcode, and voila! All the necessary details will be right at your fingertips.

Gone are the days when saving on petrol was a tedious task. Thanks to today's technology, a few simple clicks and taps on your phone can make a significant difference to your wallet. Who would have thought it could be so effortless?

Key Takeaways

• A savvy Sydneysider has found a simple fuel-saving technique using the 7-Eleven app, which allowed her to save $18.
  • The app allows you to compare petrol prices at 7-Eleven petrol stations and lock in the lowest fuel price for seven days.
  • The feature is highly appreciated by many customers who commented on her social media post, some of whom shared their savings experiences.
  • If there are no 7-Eleven stores nearby, it is suggested to use other online tools, such as the Petrol Spy website, to compare fuel prices.

Members, have you tried this clever trick? Have you saved yourself some money at the pump? Let us know by commenting below!
my car takes unleaded petrol its hyundai. on this app im not sure which one is unleaded as it shows mobil speacial / extra 95/ supreme +98/ speacial E10/ please can you explain

my car takes unleaded petrol its hyundai. on this app im not sure which one is unleaded as it shows mobil speacial / extra 95/ supreme +98/ speacial E10/ please can you explain
Mobil Special is 91 octane which your Hyundai will use.
Extra 95 is 95 Octane which would be used for bigger engines
Supreme +98 is 98 octane is for Sports vehicles
Special E10 has 10% ethanol which should be used only when the manufacturer says to use it.
The strength of your petrol should be on the inside of your petrol flap.

Hope this helps

View attachment 24895

Key Takeaways

If you buy Shell from Coles Express you can shave .18c a litre off the pump price.
Here's how: 1. Use a Coles fuel docket - save .04c/litre. Spend $20 in the Coles Express shop - they sell toilet paper at the same price usually as Coles supermarket and its the same brand so buy a couple of packs there - save another .10c/litre. 3 - use your E tag Linkt app on your phone - rewards - scan the Coles Express tab - save .04c/litre - total saved .18c/litre

View attachment 24895

Key Takeaways

thank you for the reply i am grateful

We in Western Australia are "lucky" to have a price cycle. At the moment the cheapest day is Tuesday, so I always buy my fuel then. The next day the price will go up by 40 cents. The price then decreases each day until the next Tuesday. So every week I save at about 40 cents. Plus I get my 4 cents off!
I live in Perth, and consider the price cycle a form of price fixing, when all brands move their prices in synch. I'm amazed that consumer protection hasn't investigated it.

View attachment 24895

Key Takeaways

I use fuel watch on the pc. I also fill up when the tank is at half way so I only ever pay for half a tank.