How many of you did NOT receive the age pension rise of $37.50 per fortnight, scheduled for Monday,

• I did

Votes: 9 10.7%
  • I did not

Votes: 75 89.3%

• Total voters
Did you receive the recent Age Pension increase?

Hello!

I'm posting this on behalf of one of our SDC members.

They would like to know: 'How many of you did NOT receive the age pension rise of $37.50 per fortnight, scheduled for Monday, March 20th 2023?'

Thank you all in advance!
I. got $3.00 increase.

Just a suggestion. Don't ring Centrelink for information that is readily available.. This is why the hold times for serious issues blows out to nearly an hour. Get the app, it shows every payment 2 fortnights in advance.

I worked for Centrelink for 27 years, this is how it works. Everyone is paid a daily rate of pension, so if the fortnightly increase to the pension is $37.50, divide that by 14 to get a daily increase of $2.67. So for example if your pension went into your bank account on Thursday March 23rd, Centrelink send your pension to the bank 2 days before it actually reaches your account so for a pension in the bank of March 23rd, it's sent on March 21st which means this would only have 2 days worth of pension increase in it, March 20th and March 21st. 2 days of $2.67 increase so overall your pension for that fortnight would be $5.34 higher than normal - 12 days at the old rate and 2 days at the new rate. You'll get the full $37.50 in the next pension .
That makes a lot of sense and thankyou for that little bit of information. When I checked myGov for my next payment being on Wednesday it showed that I was only getting an $11 increase. So that means I’ll get the full increase next payday in April as I expect everyone else will also.

Just a suggestion. Don't ring Centrelink for information that is readily available.. This is why the hold times for serious issues blows out to nearly an hour. Get the app, it shows every payment 2 fortnights in advance.
Yes the App is the way to go, I’ve had that since I started on jobseeker 8 years ago now I get the pension. Also if you need an extra payment for something upto $1000 you pay that back over 6 months and you get to pay back in instalments

Did you receive the recent Age Pension increase?

Hello!

I'm posting this on behalf of one of our SDC members.

They would like to know: 'How many of you did NOT receive the age pension rise of $37.50 per fortnight, scheduled for Monday, March 20th 2023?'

Thank you all in advance!
You might find it will come through next month.I received a message from centre link saying mine will be next month and the date

Thanks Ronmaz
Can you say how the increase would be calculated for someone on a part pension?
I assume someone receiving half the rate wouldn't get the full increase.

I worked for Centrelink for 27 years, this is how it works. Everyone is paid a daily rate of pension, so if the fortnightly increase to the pension is $37.50, divide that by 14 to get a daily increase of $2.67. So for example if your pension went into your bank account on Thursday March 23rd, Centrelink send your pension to the bank 2 days before it actually reaches your account so for a pension in the bank of March 23rd, it's sent on March 21st which means this would only have 2 days worth of pension increase in it, March 20th and March 21st. 2 days of $2.67 increase so overall your pension for that fortnight would be $5.34 higher than normal - 12 days at the old rate and 2 days at the new rate. You'll get the full $37.50 in the next pension .
Hi Ronmaz ,thank you for your reply. Regards Paula from Gippsland Victoria.

Well, we got our pension on 21st, so it must have been sent to bank on 17th, but we did not receive any increase, even for the 20th/21st. Our next pension is only the amount we will get going forward so obviously we have been diddled out of two days worth of extra pension. This would be done to everyone so the government gets to keep a lot of the money supposed to go to people on welfare. My sister on job seeker got paid on 24th and got nothing extra, so she has been diddled out of 4days worth of increase. So technically the increase did not start on the 20th, it starts on different days for different recipients based on when they get their payments.

no one got the increase on 20/3/23 unless their cycle was very early. Pensions are paid in arrears. The first increase will be on the next pension cycle, and it may only be part of the increase as cycle doesn’t correspond to date of start of the increase..20/3/23.
Media who print increases, do not know how cycles work.
The full increase will be in the second fortnight.
It all shows in the Centrelink app.
when you put in you pin for the app it immediately shows last payment, and next payment.
Click payments at the bottom and it shows all past and next 2 future payments, there it will show the final increase payment.
hope this helps.
Everyone should have the Centrelink app, it is so easy to use for most tasks.

Attachments

• 41B4C6F9-559E-4418-8BF8-8AE339797DC1.png
    41B4C6F9-559E-4418-8BF8-8AE339797DC1.png
    236.3 KB · Views: 0
Well, we got our pension on 21st, so it must have been sent to bank on 17th, but we did not receive any increase, even for the 20th/21st. Our next pension is only the amount we will get going forward so obviously we have been diddled out of two days worth of extra pension. This would be done to everyone so the government gets to keep a lot of the money supposed to go to people on welfare. My sister on job seeker got paid on 24th and got nothing extra, so she has been diddled out of 4days worth of increase. So technically the increase did not start on the 20th, it starts on different days for different recipients based on when they get their payments.
Pensions are paid in arrears, no one is short changed. The press got it wrong. Increases apply from 20/3/23, however, you need to know your cycle. Everyone has a different cycle , dating back to when you first applied for your pension. At the start you didn’t get it on the exact cycle , it was paid from the day you were awarded it. So, most people will see a major part of their increase next pay, the following one will show the total. It is mathematically correct.
check it out on Payments in the Centrelink app.

Personally, I have not received anything, but perhaps this is due to the fact that we have a slightly different system in Israel, we have in principle, everything with pensions is quite complicated, the same retirement savings check I constantly help my son in this service https://zashita.co.il/proverit-pensionnye-nakopleniya-v-izraile/ , and you know, I do not even know what I would do if I was alone, as the current technology is given to me with difficulty

Last edited:
Nobody gets diddled, everybodys pension is calculated from when your pension started originally, you may get nothing, 1 day, 2 days, etc. And then will get the full rise from the following week.
Not calculated on when you get your payment, but what part of the cycle you were paid on when your pension first started .

No I did not get the full amount, Still waiting ( 8 weeks now and still waiting ) for them to review our 2021/22 tax as they calculated my pension on our 2020/21 tax year , rang them as soon as got first payment for aged pension , told to send in our 21/22 tax contacted our tax agent wh emailed it on straight away, we them loaded it into Centrelink data base. File to them on 12 March, rang on 13/3 to confirm that they had it and was advised it would be reviewed and would be advised within 14 days . Rang them every two week since and it’s still not progressed any further , last call was told to wait 10 weeks then if still in the same just wait until they do it. What a joke. 1as I was only granted the age pension from 27 Feb this year. How do they get away with such treatment to pensioners , if you owed them money the would be on to us straight away,
SHAME on our government treating pensioners like this.

Reactions: paulamc52
No I did not get the full amount, Still waiting ( 8 weeks now and still waiting ) for them to review our 2021/22 tax as they calculated my pension on our 2020/21 tax year , rang them as soon as got first payment for aged pension , told to send in our 21/22 tax contacted our tax agent wh emailed it on straight away, we them loaded it into Centrelink data base. File to them on 12 March, rang on 13/3 to confirm that they had it and was advised it would be reviewed and would be advised within 14 days . Rang them every two week since and it’s still not progressed any further , last call was told to wait 10 weeks then if still in the same just wait until they do it. What a joke. 1as I was only granted the age pension from 27 Feb this year. How do they get away with such treatment to pensioners , if you owed them money the would be on to us straight away,
SHAME on our government treating pensioners like this.
Ring your local member. Three times I have been accused of fraud, over property sales they said I had not advised full details.
Dragged me over the coals for weeks, each time discovered that they were the ones at fault
One property, jointly owned by myself, husband and daughter. Three times we submitted the paperwork, they kept saying we hadn't , cut off all our pensions.
I rang our local member, pensions were restored within a matter of hours and to be honest to this day we have never heard another word about that particular instance.
No apology either for that or the other two cases .
I did tell them in no uncertain terms that obviously a prerequisite to work for Centrelink was to be a complete
idiot. Couldn't hold down a job in the private sector
Good luck, I would definitely ring my local member if I was you , You've got nothing to lose.

Reactions: paulamc52
Ring your local member. Three times I have been accused of fraud, over property sales they said I had not advised full details.
Dragged me over the coals for weeks, each time discovered that they were the ones at fault
One property, jointly owned by myself, husband and daughter. Three times we submitted the paperwork, they kept saying we hadn't , cut off all our pensions.
I rang our local member, pensions were restored within a matter of hours and to be honest to this day we have never heard another word about that particular instance.
No apology either for that or the other two cases .
I did tell them in no uncertain terms that obviously a prerequisite to work for Centrelink was to be a complete
idiot. Couldn't hold down a job in the private sector
Good luck, I would definitely ring my local member if I was you , You've got nothing to lose.
Thank you will contact my local member.