How many of you did NOT receive the age pension rise of $37.50 per fortnight, scheduled for Monday,

• I did

Votes: 9 10.7%
  • I did not

Votes: 75 89.3%

• Total voters
No if you go to Centrelink page login to your account you can view the amt of pension received at last bank inc. a breakdown and the next 2 future ones compare and you will see when you'll get the full amt

No one holds any increase and no one missed out. You need to understand how your pension is paid and then you will understand why you didn't get the full increase straight away.

If you are paid on a Thursday then your payment closes down on the Tuesday (two days before you are paid) and you are paid UP UNTIL THE TUESDAY. The CPI increase took effect from the 20th (Monday) March and so you get two days at the increased rate this fortnight (the Monday and the Tuesday 20/3 and 21/3) and you get the full increase the following fortnight. Pensions are always paid in arrears and not in advance.

I agree with ronmas. I did receive the daily rate as our pension goes in on a different day to others I know.. I don't think it is paid in advance as some years ago when my father passed away his payment was actually put in his bank account on the day he died. I advised his passing the following day of his death not knowing about the payment which they then told me had to be paid back . So it seems to me that they pay in advance but when it comes to the increase it is NOT paid in advance Strange.
No pensions are not paid in advance and have not been in the past either. They are paid in arrears. I started in what was then DSS in the 90's and they were paid in arrears then and have been all the way through.

Did you receive the recent Age Pension increase?

Hello!

I'm posting this on behalf of one of our SDC members.

They would like to know: 'How many of you did NOT receive the age pension rise of $37.50 per fortnight, scheduled for Monday, March 20th 2023?'

Thank you all in advance!
I think because the increase started on 20th so increase starts on that day. The daily fee adds up to the next fortnight.

I did not receive but my friend got $8.05, is that’s correct n probably her husband will received on Monday.

Another No as well for me. I wonder that it starts 20.3.2023 meaning that we will get it next pension which for me will be 3 April 2023.

I
I'm in the minority, when I say, I don't want my aged pension increased. In Australia, as an aged pensioner, I have a level two Home Care package, which ensures free support with all kinds of things, gardening, housework, etc. I get a monthly U.K pension, because I nursed there for 18 years. Tax payers foot the bill for these increases, I believe many are struggling with cost of living increases. I've never smoked, used illicit drugs, or alcohol, so monthly financial outgoings are small. At my age, I'm blessed, in that, after decades of hard work, I don't want for anything. I suppose, coming from a ' caring for others ' mentality, I'm concerned with others. I understand, many pensioners aren't as fortunate as am I, perhaps, live in rented accommodation, and struggle financially. I would really like to share some insights into Home Care package , and the massive 'routs' that occur. Input would be appreciated. Regards to the team, and all the members.
Thank you. I'm really hoping to get some insight into Home Care packages, and other members experiences.

The increase is an insult to the intelligence..... it does not even cover a single visit toAldi.
Both governments in their zeal forget that when they bought superannuation in, with the idea that would eventually replace the age pension. Meaning that the employer and employee would funding their own retirement? however they forgot that it came in a little bit too early for this generation with the result that some are ( and didn't work for the government so weren't in the Government Super rort ) in a position whereby they will be able to retire with a very good sum, while most of us will still struggle until that long goodnight!!

No I did not get the increase, still waiting for Centrelink to get back to me on amount as they calculated my pension on 20/21 tax became a pensioner on 27 Feb 2023 have lodged 2021/22 with them and still waiting for them to advise us. We are disputing the amount calculated they originally said I would be getting , told to lodge our 21/22 tax return asap which we did the amount they have originally stated is well below the couples pension full amount. Centrelink very hard to deal with and your wait time is now 1 1/2 hours at least and that using the seniors number. And when you do get through they can not give you any information, and advise the complex agent will get back to you !!!!!!!!!
I found that it was way better to actually go into Centrelink office than getting a different person each time I phoned in on a fortnightly basis to check the 'lack' of progress on my claim. I applied 22/07/22 for Aged pension and finally got it in mid December after going into the office late October. Try and make an appointment to get it sorted.

Did you receive the recent Age Pension increase?

Hello!

I'm posting this on behalf of one of our SDC members.

They would like to know: 'How many of you did NOT receive the age pension rise of $37.50 per fortnight, scheduled for Monday, March 20th 2023?'

Thank you all in advance!
I did and my hubby too!! Not on Monday but on Thursday 👏🏼👏🏼

I was so excited I received $6.04 and couldn't decide what luxury I should buy, so I saved it !