How many of you did NOT receive the age pension rise of $37.50 per fortnight, scheduled for Monday,

• I did

Votes: 9 10.7%
  • I did not

Votes: 75 89.3%

• Total voters
Did you receive the recent Age Pension increase?

Hello!

I'm posting this on behalf of one of our SDC members.

They would like to know: 'How many of you did NOT receive the age pension rise of $37.50 per fortnight, scheduled for Monday, March 20th 2023?'

Thank you all in advance!
Our fortnightly payment was due Tuesday and the increase was not included. I checked MyGov and it is listed in the next fortnight. Guess we miss out on one payment.

Reactions: paulamc52 and Ricci

Hello!

They would like to know: 'How many of you did NOT receive the age pension rise of $37.50 per fortnight, scheduled for Monday, March 20th 2023?'

You get a pro rata payment first pension day after 20 March then full pay next pension day. In my case that will be 13 April.

Hello!

I didn't get the increase. Centrelink pay my pension on Saturdays but it isn't technically due until Mondays. I'm annoyed. I received about $12. What this is I haven't a clue. A placation? I checked on Centrelink website and the full raise is to be paid next fortnight. This truly sucks.
Lesley
Gippsland
Vic.

Hello!

No I did not, but my husband found out that they are two weeks behind.

Hi everyone,
The increase will not show up until your next payday. I went into my gov on the internet and then clicked on Centrelink and then clicked on payments and that showed my increase would be next payday. Try this. Hope this has been helpful.

Hello!

The age pension rise should be paid to us on our next pension date and any arrears will be back date from the 20/3/23.

Hello!

They would like to know: 'How many of you did NOT receive the age pension rise of $37.50 per fortnight, scheduled for Monday,

I did not

I worked for Centrelink for 27 years, this is how it works. Everyone is paid a daily rate of pension, so if the fortnightly increase to the pension is $37.50, divide that by 14 to get a daily increase of $2.67. So for example if your pension went into your bank account on Thursday March 23rd, Centrelink send your pension to the bank 2 days before it actually reaches your account so for a pension in the bank of March 23rd, it's sent on March 21st which means this would only have 2 days worth of pension increase in it, March 20th and March 21st. 2 days of $2.67 increase so overall your pension for that fortnight would be $5.34 higher than normal - 12 days at the old rate and 2 days at the new rate. You'll get the full $37.50 in the next pension .
Yes that sound right to me. We got around the $2 increase this week. Wondered what it was for. Thanks.

Reactions: paulamc52

Hello!

I received a whole $4.00 increase on the previous payment. 😡

Hello!

Hi,
No my wife and I did not receives the rise this week.

Hello!

Hopefully it will be included in the next pension day of next Wednesday.

Reactions: paulamc52