Diary entry gives an intimate glimpse into the Queen’s final moments

In the quiet serenity of Balmoral Castle, a place steeped in personal history and fond memories, the final chapter of Queen Elizabeth II's remarkable life came to a close.

It was here, in the Scottish Highlands, that the Queen's private secretary, Sir Edward Young, meticulously documented her last moments, capturing the essence of her peaceful departure from this world.

'Very peaceful,' Young wrote in his diary entry, now lodged in the Royal Archives.

'In her sleep. Slipped away. Old age. She wouldn't have been aware of anything. No pain.'

This poignant account, previously unseen by the public, paints a serene picture of the Queen's passing at her beloved Balmoral Castle.

SDC 2.png
The Queen’s private secretary’s diary entry gave the public a glimpse into her final moments. Image source: katemangostar on Freepik.

Royal Expert Katie Nicholl revealed in September 2022 that it was always the Queen's wish to die at Balmoral.

This sentiment was echoed by the Queen's cousin, Lady Elizabeth Shakerley, who stated in an interview in 2020 that the Scottish estate was where the late Queen felt most at peace.

The National Records of Scotland officially recorded her cause of death as 'old age’.

In his upcoming book, Charles III: New King, New Court. The Inside Story, Royal Reporter Robert Hardman shared further details about the Queen's final day.

Her eldest son, Charles, and his wife, Camilla, spent an hour with the Queen before Charles left to forage mushrooms and clear his head.

SDC 3.png
Royal Reporter Robert Hardman is set to release his book Charles III: New King, New Court. The Inside Story on January 18, 2024. Image source: Amazon UK.

King Charles received the news of his mother's passing as he was driving back to Balmoral Castle.

Others present at the Queen's bedside included Princess Anne, the Queen's senior dresser and trusted confidante, Angela Kelly, and the Rev Kenneth MacKenzie, a minister who read to her from the Bible.

A locked red box of paperwork was also found on her deathbed, containing two sealed letters: one to her son and heir, Charles, and the other addressed to Young.

The box also contained the Queen’s final royal order: her choice of candidates for the prestigious Order of Merit for 'exceptionally meritorious service' across the Commonwealth.

'Even on her deathbed, there had been work to do. And she had done it,' Hardman wrote, remembering the Queen’s legendary work ethic.
Key Takeaways
  • The Queen's peaceful final moments, which were recorded by her private secretary and included in the Royal Archives, have recently been revealed to the public.
  • Queen Elizabeth II passed away on September 8, 2022, at the age of 96, at Balmoral Castle, fulfilling her wish to die at the Scottish estate.
  • Her final moments were spent with close family members and confidantes, and she was engaged in official duties until the end.
  • The Queen's exemplary work ethic was highlighted by her attending to royal orders and selecting candidates for the Order of Merit up until her death.
What are your thoughts on this story, dear members? Let us know in the comments below!

Sponsored
pious speech is something different from opinion. disingenuous is different from sincere/good.

Queen Elizabeth handled everything with strength and dignity and did the best she could with every situation that life threw at her - Elizabeth the first was a strong Queen also. Give Charles a chance to do well and follow in her footsteps!

I don't even know what this ambiguous speech means ^ but no-one left you in charge Brody!
I was only trying to give you the understanding that you said you didn't seem to be aware of. It wasn't meant to offend.
As to who left me in charge, I thought we all had freedom of speech. You are entitled to your way of thinking as am I.
I just thought to clarify my statement, and to add
a small level of clarity by way of explanation. No offence intended.

Reactions: Suzanne rose
An amazing lovely Queen may she R.I.P. and I think King Charles will make a good King. God bless our King.

You are a very strong and compassionate lady
I have always felt sorry for Charles I remember the picture of the Queen returning from a trip where she had.been away for months. Charles was very young and here she was shaking hands with him. Where was the motherly love and compassion for this little boy who hadn't seen his mother for months.
I also remember the pictures of Lady Di returning from a trip with her children flying into her open arms
Those boys knew how much they were loved.
I do not criticise the Queen, as far as her duty is concerned and she did place her duty above all else, but I also feel that her children didn't know what real motherly love was, perhaps with the exception of Andrew.
I also feel sorry for her as she really didn't have a life as normal people know it
I totally agree with everything you said. I also felt sorry for the Queens children not having a proper childhood with parents and I also felt sorry that the Queen couldn't be a proper mother although that choice was hers

Charles looked sombre in the photos - as he was transported in the back of a black car before boarding a private plane. He had reportedly been by his mother’s side as she died on the afternoon of September 8.

Copied from 7 news. I believe he was broken hearted and had the weight of the world on him.

I was only trying to give you the understanding that you said you didn't seem to be aware of. It wasn't meant to offend.
As to who left me in charge, I thought we all had freedom of speech. You are entitled to your way of thinking as am I.
I just thought to clarify my statement, and to add
a small level of clarity by way of explanation. No offence intended.
You addressed my comment, which was a reply/opinion in the form of a quote (which was not about me giving a sermon - just addressing one) - both addressed to the self-righteous judgement of how to grieve a mother’s passing “I” “I” “I” as if a matter of fact. You want to tell me we all have and are entitled to our opinions, which is entirely correct. So your comment Amen (Latin translation “so be it’) then further to explain to me that we are entitled to our opinions is …what?..an oxymoron? Confusing.

You addressed my comment, which was a reply/opinion in the form of a quote (which was not about me giving a sermon - just addressing one) - both addressed to the self-righteous judgement of how to grieve a mother’s passing “I” “I” “I” as if a matter of fact. You want to tell me we all have and are entitled to our opinions, which is entirely correct. So your comment Amen (Latin translation “so be it’) then further to explain to me that we are entitled to our opinions is …what?..an oxymoron? Confusing.
You know what Knell ? I am not going to
continue the response with you. I have tried to get through this post with the members. It is over now, I am moving on.

• Haha
Reactions: Knell
In the quiet serenity of Balmoral Castle, a place steeped in personal history and fond memories, the final chapter of Queen Elizabeth II's remarkable life came to a close.

It was here, in the Scottish Highlands, that the Queen's private secretary, Sir Edward Young, meticulously documented her last moments, capturing the essence of her peaceful departure from this world.

'Very peaceful,' Young wrote in his diary entry, now lodged in the Royal Archives.

'In her sleep. Slipped away. Old age. She wouldn't have been aware of anything. No pain.'

This poignant account, previously unseen by the public, paints a serene picture of the Queen's passing at her beloved Balmoral Castle.

View attachment 39258
The Queen’s private secretary’s diary entry gave the public a glimpse into her final moments. Image source: katemangostar on Freepik.

Royal Expert Katie Nicholl revealed in September 2022 that it was always the Queen's wish to die at Balmoral.

This sentiment was echoed by the Queen's cousin, Lady Elizabeth Shakerley, who stated in an interview in 2020 that the Scottish estate was where the late Queen felt most at peace.

The National Records of Scotland officially recorded her cause of death as 'old age’.

In his upcoming book, Charles III: New King, New Court. The Inside Story, Royal Reporter Robert Hardman shared further details about the Queen's final day.

Her eldest son, Charles, and his wife, Camilla, spent an hour with the Queen before Charles left to forage mushrooms and clear his head.

View attachment 39259
Royal Reporter Robert Hardman is set to release his book Charles III: New King, New Court. The Inside Story on January 18, 2024. Image source: Amazon UK.

King Charles received the news of his mother's passing as he was driving back to Balmoral Castle.

Others present at the Queen's bedside included Princess Anne, the Queen's senior dresser and trusted confidante, Angela Kelly, and the Rev Kenneth MacKenzie, a minister who read to her from the Bible.

A locked red box of paperwork was also found on her deathbed, containing two sealed letters: one to her son and heir, Charles, and the other addressed to Young.

The box also contained the Queen’s final royal order: her choice of candidates for the prestigious Order of Merit for 'exceptionally meritorious service' across the Commonwealth.

'Even on her deathbed, there had been work to do. And she had done it,' Hardman wrote, remembering the Queen’s legendary work ethic.
Key Takeaways

• The Queen's peaceful final moments, which were recorded by her private secretary and included in the Royal Archives, have recently been revealed to the public.
  • Queen Elizabeth II passed away on September 8, 2022, at the age of 96, at Balmoral Castle, fulfilling her wish to die at the Scottish estate.
  • Her final moments were spent with close family members and confidantes, and she was engaged in official duties until the end.
  • The Queen's exemplary work ethic was highlighted by her attending to royal orders and selecting candidates for the Order of Merit up until her death.
What are your thoughts on this story, dear members? Let us know in the comments below!
Well I am a royalist through and through and our late Queen demonstrated great commitment compassion dedication and love of her people and country. Now whether we can expect to see that same passion to be repeated is hard to say. But I do not want Australia to become a republic. Our current system works and the Monarchy does not become embroiled in Politics. How could we have a better system?

Well I am a royalist through and through and our late Queen demonstrated great commitment compassion dedication and love of her people and country. Now whether we can expect to see that same passion to be repeated is hard to say. But I do not want Australia to become a republic. Our current system works and the Monarchy does not become embroiled in Politics. How could we have a better system?
Exactly, imagine if we ended up with some idiot like Trump.

Exactly, imagine if we ended up with some idiot like Trump.
Exactly I was going to say that. The thought of a system like that fills me with horror. I can’t imagine what type of people are voting and supporting him. Unbelievable the way he talks to the courts and judges. No respect or humility whatsoever

Exactly I was going to say that. The thought of a system like that fills me with horror. I can’t imagine what type of people are voting and supporting him. Unbelievable the way he talks to the courts and judges. No respect or humility whatsoever.

Exactly I was going to say that. The thought of a system like that fills me with horror. I can’t imagine what type of people are voting and supporting him. Unbelievable the way he talks to the courts and judges. No respect or humility whatsoever
The man's s megalomaniac as well as a narcissist. The first thing you notice with a narcissist is their lack of empathy for anyone else, their whole life is me, me, me.
Nothing they ever do is wrong, it's everybody else's fault.
How he manages to suck so many people in is beyond me, he's going to save the world, as long as he doesn't have to pay for it out of his pocket.
These people voting for him must walk through their lives with their eyes shut and their brains turned off.
Remember the book written about an Italian migrants slant on Australians called."They're a Weird Mob"
We'd have to go a long way to be weirder than those Yankees.

Reactions: Johnnie boy
The man's s megalomaniac as well as a narcissist. The first thing you notice with a narcissist is their lack of empathy for anyone else, their whole life is me, me, me.
Nothing they ever do is wrong, it's everybody else's fault.
How he manages to suck so many people in is beyond me, he's going to save the world, as long as he doesn't have to pay for it out of his pocket.
These people voting for him must walk through their lives with their eyes shut and their brains turned off.
Remember the book written about an Italian migrants slant on Australians called."They're a Weird Mob"
We'd have to go a long way to be weirder than those Yankees.
I wish I could agree that we have a long way to go to be weirder than Americans. It's brainwashing and it's coming from all angles and it is most certainly having an effect here. Just observe group think, hate speech, chaos. Media has always had bias but social media has taken it to a whole new level of thought manipulation. Scary stuff!

Yes it’s mind boggling how he still had such a large following and incredible that someone who quite obviously incited tyranny (6/1) still is able to run for president again. What a risk to democracy

Reactions: mylittletibbies