Dedication to Queen Elizabeth II

Members, I know this article is the type that every news site in Australia would have pre-written well before the death of our beloved Queen Elizabeth II, that is, of course, to make sure that as soon as she passed, they were the first ones to cover the news. So I’m sure when you opened up this morning's newsletter and saw that there was no news coverage of the Queen’s death, you were probably a bit shocked.

The truth is, it’s not an article we wanted to pre-write. It’s quite a difficult and emotional story to report on. We know to some of you, the Queen was a symbol of hope, and maybe to others she didn’t mean much at all. To me, she’s always been a bit of a security blanket, and this morning I feel like that’s been ripped out from under me, and I’m not too sure where the rest of the world goes from here.

So what do we know?

We know the Queen died peacefully, with her family by her bedside at Balmoral Castle in Scotland, but at the time of reporting, we don’t know her cause of death. We do know that the family members that managed to be at her bedside in time included King Charles III (formerly Prince Charles), Princess Anne, The Queen Consort (Camilla), Prince William, Prince Harry, Prince Andrew, Prince Edward and his wife Sophie Wess. Kate stayed in Windsor with her children and Meghan in London with her children.

043d45086561842ff632c5a9a3725ddf.jpg
The Royal Family rushes to the Queen's side. Image source: News.com.au.
We know that immediately after, Prince Charles was sworn in as King and Camilla is now known as The Queen Consort.

The Queen’s body will be taken from Balmoral to Edinburgh on Friday morning (UK time) before beginning the journey back to London. There will then be a 10-day mourning period where the Queen’s coffin will lie in state at Westminster Abbey for the public to pay their respects for 23-hours a day. After this period, she will be given a full state funeral which will be led by the Archbishop of Canterbury.

Finally, and perhaps most beautifully, we know that thousands and thousands of people gathered outside Buckingham Palace upon the news breaking, with the traffic in London coming to a complete halt to pay its respect to Britain's longest-reigning monarch. It has also been reported that the crowd broke into a solemn rendition of ‘God Save The Queen’.

news.com.jpg
People gathered outside Buckingham Palace. Image source: News.com.au.

Miracle or coincidence?

Well, members, we know the world works in strange ways. And shortly after the death of the Queen was announced, at Windsor Castle, the Queen’s much loved home, a rainbow appeared. A coincidence? Possibly, but many believe it to be a sign that ‘everything is going to be okay’.

Another report coming from the UK is that just an hour after the Queen’s death, many people saw an image of the Queen in the clouds. A woman, who shared the image on Facebook said ‘Driving home and Lacey starts shouting OMG! I panicked … Then she pointed this image out in the clouds’. Many believe the clouds formed to appear to be the late monarch in her signature hat.

Screenshot 2022-09-09 at 9.49.21 am.png
A cloud formation of the Queen. Image source: News.com.au.

What happens now?

Well, we can expect a fair bit of change, starting with the many members of the Royal Family adopting a ‘new name’. We know Prince Charles is now King Charles III, Camilla is now The Queen Consort, and Harry and Meghan’s children will now be referred to as Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet after their grandfather’s ascension. This of course happens just a year after Meghan suggested in an interview with Oprah that Archie was denied the title due to racism within the royal family.

Screenshot 2022-09-09 at 9.57.31 am.png
The line of succession. Image source: News.com.au.

You can expect our money to now look a little different. The Queen’s death means that all of our coins and our $5 note will be replaced with King Charles’ face. Since 1995, the purple tender has been marked with a beautiful portrait of the Queen aged 58, but this will all change. We understand that King Charles’ face will appear on all newly-minted coins from 2023.

Some of you may remember when Queen Elizabeth II’s father, King George VI died in 1952, revised Australian coins which used the young monarch’s portrait were placed into circulation from 1953 onwards. So the change will be quite similar. According to news.com.au, the coins will likely look like the image below.

565026c5fec5b9b3a515546e4205919b.jpg
The new coins will be minted in 2023. Image source: News.com.au.

I think we can also expect to see a lot of republicanism discussions popping up. They already are across the internet, but I can’t see Australia making a significant change like this any time soon…

The dedications come rolling in…

Many celebrities have written dedication to the Queen online, people ranging from controversial news anchor Piers Morgan, to rockstar Mick Jagger, and even the beloved Paddington Bear.

We know today is a sad day for many, so we thought it would be nice to end our dedication with a segment remembering our favourite moments of the Queen (of which there are far too many to count), but we feel this gorgeous image of how bright and happy the Queen always was captures her quite beautifully.

IMG_6504.jpg
The Queen in her many bright and cheerful outfits. Image source: Facebook.

My goodness, didn’t she have an outfit in every colour!

And of course, we couldn’t end this article without one of our favourite video clips. The Queen having tea with Paddington Bear. If you haven’t seen this, we think it’s well worth a watch. It’s guaranteed to make you smile and laugh.

What were your favourite moments? How do you feel about her death? We are sending our thoughts and love to you all.

Sponsored
Thank you Maddie, a wonderful tribute! I’m quite sure there will be more amazing tributes (could you imagine any other kind?) of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, from her immediate family, and from all around the world. She richly deserves every last one of them, having being a calm, unifying, loyal, cheerful, gracious and loving Lady who always carried herself and conducted herself with dignity. She, as we often say, will be very sorely missed.

I can hear God welcoming her into His heavenly realm, arms outstretched, saying, "Well done, good and faithful servant."
A double rainbow was also seen over Buckingham Palace.
Rainbows are a symbol of hope, solidarity, beauty after the storm.
🌈🌈
PS Did she only wear black shoes and carry a black handbag?

Last edited:
A wonderful tribute Maddie. I just could not think of a better picture than a handsome Duke, in his naval uniform, waiting at the gates of Heaven😇 to take her in to meet the God she served. She fulfilled her vows to serve her people on earth with extraordinary fidelity. She was a “good and faithful servant”. She was my Queen and I remember waving a flag in Aldershot as she & the Duke drove past! May she Rest In Peace, her earthly work accomplished.

Members, I know this article is the type that every news site in Australia would have pre-written well before the death of our beloved Queen Elizabeth II, that is, of course, to make sure that as soon as she passed, they were the first ones to cover the news. So I’m sure when you opened up this morning's newsletter and saw that there was no news coverage of the Queen’s death, you were probably a bit shocked.

The truth is, it’s not an article we wanted to pre-write. It’s quite a difficult and emotional story to report on. We know to some of you, the Queen was a symbol of hope, and maybe to others she didn’t mean much at all. To me, she’s always been a bit of a security blanket, and this morning I feel like that’s been ripped out from under me, and I’m not too sure where the rest of the world goes from here.

So what do we know?

We know the Queen died peacefully, with her family by her bedside at Balmoral Castle in Scotland, but at the time of reporting, we don’t know her cause of death. We do know that the family members that managed to be at her bedside in time included King Charles III (formerly Prince Charles), Princess Anne, The Queen Consort (Camilla), Prince William, Prince Harry, Prince Andrew, Prince Edward and his wife Sophie Wess. Kate stayed in Windsor with her children and Meghan in London with her children.

View attachment 5846
We know that immediately after, Prince Charles was sworn in as King and Camilla is now known as The Queen Consort.

The Queen’s body will be taken from Balmoral to Edinburgh on Friday morning (UK time) before beginning the journey back to London. There will then be a 10-day mourning period where the Queen’s coffin will lie in state at Westminster Abbey for the public to pay their respects for 23-hours a day. After this period, she will be given a full state funeral which will be led by the Archbishop of Canterbury.

Finally, and perhaps most beautifully, we know that thousands and thousands of people gathered outside Buckingham Palace upon the news breaking, with the traffic in London coming to a complete halt to pay its respect to Britain's longest-reigning monarch. It has also been reported that the crowd broke into a solemn rendition of ‘God Save The Queen’.

View attachment 5847

Miracle or coincidence?

Well, members, we know the world works in strange ways. And shortly after the death of the Queen was announced, at Windsor Castle, the Queen’s much loved home, a rainbow appeared. A coincidence? Possibly, but many believe it to be a sign that ‘everything is going to be okay’.

Another report coming from the UK is that just an hour after the Queen’s death, many people saw an image of the Queen in the clouds. A woman, who shared the image on Facebook said ‘Driving home and Lacey starts shouting OMG! I panicked … Then she pointed this image out in the clouds’. Many believe the clouds formed to appear to be the late monarch in her signature hat.

View attachment 5848

What happens now?

Well, we can expect a fair bit of change, starting with the many members of the Royal Family adopting a ‘new name’. We know Prince Charles is now King Charles III, Camilla is now The Queen Consort, and Harry and Meghan’s children will now be referred to as Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet after their grandfather’s ascension. This of course happens just a year after Meghan suggested in an interview with Oprah that Archie was denied the title due to racism within the royal family.

View attachment 5849

You can expect our money to now look a little different. The Queen’s death means that all of our coins and our $5 note will be replaced with King Charles’ face. Since 1995, the purple tender has been marked with a beautiful portrait of the Queen aged 58, but this will all change. We understand that King Charles’ face will appear on all newly-minted coins from 2023.

Some of you may remember when Queen Elizabeth II’s father, King George VI died in 1952, revised Australian coins which used the young monarch’s portrait were placed into circulation from 1953 onwards. So the change will be quite similar. According to news.com.au, the coins will likely look like the image below.

View attachment 5850

I think we can also expect to see a lot of republicanism discussions popping up. They already are across the internet, but I can’t see Australia making a significant change like this any time soon…

Many celebrities have written dedication to the Queen online, people ranging from controversial news anchor Piers Morgan, to rockstar Mick Jagger, and even the beloved Paddington Bear.

We know today is a sad day for many, so we thought it would be nice to end our dedication with a segment remembering our favourite moments of the Queen (of which there are far too many to count), but we feel this gorgeous image of how bright and happy the Queen always was captures her quite beautifully.

View attachment 5851

And of course, we couldn’t end this article without one of our favourite video clips. The Queen having tea with Paddington Bear. If you haven’t seen this, we think it’s well worth a watch. It’s guaranteed to make you smile and laugh.

What were your favourite moments? How do you feel about her death? We are sending our thoughts and love to you all.

I clearly remember coming into the kitchen for breakfast on the morning of the day King George VI died. Mum and Dad told me the King had died. I was six and in first class at school. When I arrived at school, there was a whole school assembly and I was asked to come up onto the stage and be the first one in the school to sing God Save the Queen. I couldn’t believe that I’d been chosen out of the whole school, to be the first.

I’ve loved the Queen since I was a tiny child. My English grandparents were great fans of the entire royal family. They would buy me books about them and I devoured those books.

I only saw her once in person. That was in ?1971 in Coffs Harbour. She drove up the main street with a very sulky Princess Anne in the seat beside her. When they went to the Civic Centre, my uncle was one of the dignitaries presented to the royal couple. The Duke asked him what he did for a living. My uncle replied that he was in real estate and asked the Duke if he could sell him some. The Duke apparently laughed and said he didn’t think he’d be able to afford it!

I can hear God welcoming her into His heavenly realm, arms outstretched, saying, "Well done, good and faithful servant."
A double rainbow was also seen over Buckingham Palace.
Rainbows are a symbol of hope, solidarity, beauty after the storm.
🌈🌈
PS Did she only wear black shoes and carry a black handbag?
I saw those rainbows , how fitting and I don't think it was just a coincidence

A very sad heavy heart day. A wonderful woman and Queen. I was born the year she and Philip married in 1947 and has been a part of my life. R.I.P. Long Live the King

Perfect words spoken.
My grandmother was a huge royalist ,xshe followed everything the royals especially the Queen did

Her family came from Liverpool
She wanted to live to 100 just to get a telegram from the Queen ( she didn't make it she passed at 72 )

There will be no Queen or King that will ever match Queen Elizabeth .

It rained in London last night after 8 weeks without rain. I believe these were tears from Heaven. Followed by that beautiful rainbow over Buckingham Palace.

Imagine the party she is having now back with her husband, her sister Margaret, her beloved Parents

Gone but never forgotten

Last edited:
Her Majesty's death is so hard to take in. I found out at 4 am this morning and spent the next several hours crying. Such a hole has been left in our world. She made a vow on her 21st burthday to live her life in service of her people, and she never strayed from that vow. Now she is re united with the love of her life, Prince Philip.

I think she made every effort to swear in the new Prime Minister, like a final rally to fulfill her duty to her country, and to fulfill her commitment she made to the Commonwealth to serve for her whole life at the age of 21.
Determination got her through, stoicism, her own inner strength and sense of honour.
She pushed on, regardless.
No lengthy period of illness laid up suffering, incapacitated in bed, unable to fulfill her duty, which is a blessing.
Her clarity of mind and twinkly eyes were visible to all....beautiful, enduring gift to her nation.

Last edited:

So what do we know?

View attachment 5846

View attachment 5847

Miracle or coincidence?

View attachment 5848

What happens now?

View attachment 5849

View attachment 5850

View attachment 5851

loved the video with Paddington Bear. there will never be another lady like Queen Eliozabeth 11. R.I.P

My morning paper went to print before the event so it was not until I turned the tv on this afternoon (WST) that I learned the sad news.

• Sad
Reactions: Ricci
Dr Deb Cohen-Jones told the Daily Mail that photos of the Queen’s hands were a red flag about her declining health.

“It looks like there is possibly evidence of peripheral vascular disease. It’s a blood circulation disorder that causes the blood vessels outside of your heart and brain to narrow, block, or spasm,” she said.

“It can sometimes result in heart failure. If your peripheral circulation is that poor, organs aren’t receiving a good blood supply. It can be a sign of multi organ failure.”

Sadly, it is likely the disease would have caused the Queen “a lot of pain” as the images pointed to the illness being severe.

It’s not known how long the Queen suffered from the disease as she habitually wore gloves in public.

Queen Elizabeth was photographed at Sandringham House on February 2, 2022, to mark the start of her Platinum Jubilee Year. Picture: Getty Images.

Queen Elizabeth was photographed at Sandringham House on February 2, 2022, to mark the start of her Platinum Jubilee Year. Picture: Getty Images.
Many health problems

The sad news came one day after the Queen postponed the Privy Council meeting, one of the most important events on her calendar, after doctors ordered her to rest.

She had cancelled numerous events, with increasing regularity over the past few months, as her health worsened.

On Tuesday, she met outgoing UK Prime Minister, and his replacement Liz Truss, at Balmoral, instead of meeting them in London, as is custom, due to her poor health. Despite this, she appeared smiling and well at the meeting.

Prior to that, she missed the official church service at her Platinum Jubilee celebrations in early June, after complaining of discomfort.

In February, the monarch cancelled planned virtual engagements due to “mild” coronavirus symptoms, Buckingham Palace confirmed.

“As Her Majesty is still experiencing mild cold-like symptoms she has decided not to undertake her planned virtual engagements today, but will continue with light duties,” said a palace spokesman.

The Queen tested positive for the virus months after mysterious health problems were shrouded in secrecy by Buckingham Palace late last year.

Over the past few months, she had been “carefully monitored” by staff due to fears over her “thinner and frailer” frame of late.

So what do we know?

View attachment 5846

View attachment 5847

Miracle or coincidence?

View attachment 5848

What happens now?

View attachment 5849

View attachment 5850

View attachment 5851

It's a very sad day

How special was that rainbow and it’s reflection! Interesting that it seemed to coincide with yesterday’s trivia question! Now it is Saturday here, but yesterday was particularly a Day of Reflection, as many gathered at palaces in the UK (and all around the world) to do just that, along with displaying public emotion and the placing of tributes at the gates. One thing that occurred to me was how I have awoken to very sad international news: the terrorist stacks in the US on the twin towers (9/11), the tragic and sudden death of Lady Di, and yesterday the (not unexpected) death of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II! Although of course we would have wished that she ‘stuck around’ a lot longer (perhaps forever, as we might have been forgiven for hoping for), she’s been taken from us by a all-knowing and all-seeing God, Who obviously considered that her work here was complete, echoing those Scriptural words: “well done, good and faithful servant”. She certainly never ever waivered from carrying out her duty (as she pledged so many years ago). I, along with millions of others, loved her; she drew that love out of us as we admired her. I felt a bit of a connection, in a way: she was crowned just four days before I was born! In that, I guess, she has always been my Queen. I wish her son, King Charles III, all the very best as he takes up the reins. Long live the King!