Dangerous find in Macca's meal forces customer to seek medical attention: 'How is this even possible…'

Of course, this goes without saying, but no one wants to find gross and possibly even harmful stuff in their food!

Sadly, though, things like this happen all the time. If you've been a regular reader of our site for some time already, you're probably familiar with several news stories about people discovering horrifying things in their meals.

This happens most often with fast food takeaways! Remember that lady who got a Macca's sandwich and found a flower stalk in it? What about the mum-to-be who opened her Subway order only to find an entire serrated knife with a sharp edge inside?

Here we have yet another unlucky fast food customer complaining about a similar experience with their takeaway.

But instead of finding a stray piece of grass or a misplaced kitchen tool in their order, they discovered something far more dangerous, forcing them to seek medical assistance.

pb9DuzZJSvCR5HEZpgtCc5nvN5He002NZYq22aJjeuH5UUM-O_zJ1DFTiGPCHRuhXwrD0aySBcTTZ85XZ_OaYS9SPfCqzRHAAbER5t5tncoWfTCL-9VvgQ76QmugS0SwLf_JKz7WCJ2NI3fCL_ePkgI

A customer needed medical care after finding a wild animal in their Macca's meal. Credit: Reddit.

Posting on Reddit, a woman from Canada revealed how her father was forced to seek medical attention after discovering that there was a small bat inside the paper bag of their most recent takeaway order.

The user shared some photographs to go along with her post that showed the palm-sized critter cowering inside of the McDonald's bag along with an order of hot chips. How on earth did this even happen…

'My dad got a nice surprise in his order from St Albert McDonald's the other day!' wrote the woman in her post on social media. 'Thanks, McDonald's, for refusing to acknowledge that this is unacceptable!'

She also mentioned that her father, who received the fast food takeaway order, and her sister, who was near him at the time, had to get rabies injections over the past few days just to be on the safe side.

The woman continued by saying that she had no idea how the bat ended up in the bag and that she was completely baffled by the situation. And that's how we feel about it too!

According to what we can gather from the receipt and the images, the incident seems to have taken place somewhere in the middle of the afternoon (the receipt says 12:45). Since bats typically sleep while the sun is up, there's no way it could have flown or gone straight inside the bag, right?

'My family isn't interested in making a giant deal of this,' added the user. 'I just think it's an interesting thing that happened, and I wish the McDonald's in question had done more than just think my father was playing a weird joke on them.'

OIK3jZ1kQNDu9vtGYtsW3iznVBG_py1sboK-KsF07232WMP_VAEQQRED9WEcchdZcOTl4h3GiG_JFHS3Z6VDQ9zzE6WWjQYTpmWZ2V280sA0PYAaV0jnv8u3bkxLABTAbMYHWzuwS9PPPq-K105NCSY

Many people found it hard to believe that the bat had actually made its way into the paper bag. Credit: Reddit.

The woman's post received a lot of attention on the forum site, and hundreds of users commented that they didn't understand how the bat got into the bag either.

'How did he get in there without anyone noticing?' asked one user, while a second added: 'I have no idea how this is even possible. I'm speechless…'

Meanwhile, a third user argued, 'How does this even happen? Generally, when handing food over to the customer the bag would be shut… I can't imagine that thing was just chill in there.'

A fourth agreed and added, 'How does that bag have zero creases? My takeaway bag folds over the top, and then when I carry it, I totally crush the top. This is nice and smooth, even with what should have been a confused bat inside.'

In Australia, bats and flying foxes carry bacteria and viruses that can make people sick. The good news is that the likelihood of becoming infected is relatively low; however, this does not mean that we should relax our guards.

There are still some dangerous diseases that we can get from them, and one of those is Australian bat lyssavirus (ABLV), which can be spread to humans by the saliva of infected bats when it comes in contact with mucous membranes or broken skin, or through bat bites or scratches.

When humans are infected with ABLV, they develop an illness that is similar to rabies and it is almost always fatal.

FwJE8g35N3sPe2deOwkPb50uUCMcWy-tq4bff3xfpChfXEjvP_JUoxNUM_CdkTx8rTa2JSQKsYI7-KV70Q_SBsw1Zy-NdEPRZI5hvvXLlN3Hg1SMndIJ4MEl4c6wiGDifvzEvip8grIfP5LVF5K2rVs

Bats should not be handled by anyone who isn't properly trained and immunised. Credit: Museums Victoria.

When you come into contact with a wild bat, here are some simple steps to take to avoid health risks:
  • Don't touch bats unless you know how to handle them, are wearing the right gear, and have been vaccinated. When people try to rescue sick or injured bats, they often get bitten or scratched by the animals themselves because bats are hard to control, they grow agitated, and they have sharp teeth and claws.
  • If a bat bites or scratches you, wash the wound with soap and water for at least 15 minutes and then put on an antiviral antiseptic like povidone-iodine or alcohol (ethanol). If you get it in your eyes, nose, or mouth, flush with water for a few minutes right away.
  • Talk to a doctor about whether or not a shot is needed.
We hope these tips will be helpful, folks! And remember, if you ever see a bat or any other wild animal, you can always call the RSPCA (1300 ANIMAL), the Department of Environment and Science (1300 130 372), or your local wildlife care group/rescuer/carer for help.

Do not hesitate to get in touch with your local public health office or dial 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) if you require medical treatment and assistance. Stay safe always!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: BJM, Liz and Ricci
Sponsored
Of course, this goes without saying, but no one wants to find gross and possibly even harmful stuff in their food!

Sadly, though, things like this happen all the time. If you've been a regular reader of our site for some time already, you're probably familiar with several news stories about people discovering horrifying things in their meals.

This happens most often with fast food takeaways! Remember that lady who got a Macca's sandwich and found a flower stalk in it? What about the mum-to-be who opened her Subway order only to find an entire serrated knife with a sharp edge inside?

Here we have yet another unlucky fast food customer complaining about a similar experience with their takeaway.

But instead of finding a stray piece of grass or a misplaced kitchen tool in their order, they discovered something far more dangerous, forcing them to seek medical assistance.

pb9DuzZJSvCR5HEZpgtCc5nvN5He002NZYq22aJjeuH5UUM-O_zJ1DFTiGPCHRuhXwrD0aySBcTTZ85XZ_OaYS9SPfCqzRHAAbER5t5tncoWfTCL-9VvgQ76QmugS0SwLf_JKz7WCJ2NI3fCL_ePkgI

A customer needed medical care after finding a wild animal in their Macca's meal. Credit: Reddit.

Posting on Reddit, a woman from Canada revealed how her father was forced to seek medical attention after discovering that there was a small bat inside the paper bag of their most recent takeaway order.

The user shared some photographs to go along with her post that showed the palm-sized critter cowering inside of the McDonald's bag along with an order of hot chips. How on earth did this even happen…

'My dad got a nice surprise in his order from St Albert McDonald's the other day!' wrote the woman in her post on social media. 'Thanks, McDonald's, for refusing to acknowledge that this is unacceptable!'

She also mentioned that her father, who received the fast food takeaway order, and her sister, who was near him at the time, had to get rabies injections over the past few days just to be on the safe side.

The woman continued by saying that she had no idea how the bat ended up in the bag and that she was completely baffled by the situation. And that's how we feel about it too!

According to what we can gather from the receipt and the images, the incident seems to have taken place somewhere in the middle of the afternoon (the receipt says 12:45). Since bats typically sleep while the sun is up, there's no way it could have flown or gone straight inside the bag, right?

'My family isn't interested in making a giant deal of this,' added the user. 'I just think it's an interesting thing that happened, and I wish the McDonald's in question had done more than just think my father was playing a weird joke on them.'

OIK3jZ1kQNDu9vtGYtsW3iznVBG_py1sboK-KsF07232WMP_VAEQQRED9WEcchdZcOTl4h3GiG_JFHS3Z6VDQ9zzE6WWjQYTpmWZ2V280sA0PYAaV0jnv8u3bkxLABTAbMYHWzuwS9PPPq-K105NCSY

Many people found it hard to believe that the bat had actually made its way into the paper bag. Credit: Reddit.

The woman's post received a lot of attention on the forum site, and hundreds of users commented that they didn't understand how the bat got into the bag either.

'How did he get in there without anyone noticing?' asked one user, while a second added: 'I have no idea how this is even possible. I'm speechless…'

Meanwhile, a third user argued, 'How does this even happen? Generally, when handing food over to the customer the bag would be shut… I can't imagine that thing was just chill in there.'

A fourth agreed and added, 'How does that bag have zero creases? My takeaway bag folds over the top, and then when I carry it, I totally crush the top. This is nice and smooth, even with what should have been a confused bat inside.'

In Australia, bats and flying foxes carry bacteria and viruses that can make people sick. The good news is that the likelihood of becoming infected is relatively low; however, this does not mean that we should relax our guards.

There are still some dangerous diseases that we can get from them, and one of those is Australian bat lyssavirus (ABLV), which can be spread to humans by the saliva of infected bats when it comes in contact with mucous membranes or broken skin, or through bat bites or scratches.

When humans are infected with ABLV, they develop an illness that is similar to rabies and it is almost always fatal.

FwJE8g35N3sPe2deOwkPb50uUCMcWy-tq4bff3xfpChfXEjvP_JUoxNUM_CdkTx8rTa2JSQKsYI7-KV70Q_SBsw1Zy-NdEPRZI5hvvXLlN3Hg1SMndIJ4MEl4c6wiGDifvzEvip8grIfP5LVF5K2rVs

Bats should not be handled by anyone who isn't properly trained and immunised. Credit: Museums Victoria.

When you come into contact with a wild bat, here are some simple steps to take to avoid health risks:
  • Don't touch bats unless you know how to handle them, are wearing the right gear, and have been vaccinated. When people try to rescue sick or injured bats, they often get bitten or scratched by the animals themselves because bats are hard to control, they grow agitated, and they have sharp teeth and claws.
  • If a bat bites or scratches you, wash the wound with soap and water for at least 15 minutes and then put on an antiviral antiseptic like povidone-iodine or alcohol (ethanol). If you get it in your eyes, nose, or mouth, flush with water for a few minutes right away.
  • Talk to a doctor about whether or not a shot is needed.
We hope these tips will be helpful, folks! And remember, if you ever see a bat or any other wild animal, you can always call the RSPCA (1300 ANIMAL), the Department of Environment and Science (1300 130 372), or your local wildlife care group/rescuer/carer for help.

Do not hesitate to get in touch with your local public health office or dial 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) if you require medical treatment and assistance. Stay safe always!
This looks like someone playing a trick.

I'm starting to not believe these people.

Firstly there bags are packed flat right up until the crew pack the orders , if by small chance a spider got in there it would have been squashed.

My daughter has worked for McDonald's for 16 years and is a manager , I just showed her this picture and she said it's virtually impossible.

McDonald's stores fumigate every couple of weeks.

The way they clean the stores are incredible, they actually get head office going into inspect giving very little notice. They are then scored on shops cleanliness and the staffs appearance.

My daughter often told me how customers would complain that their food was cold but only after eating 3/4 of it. This happens often.

She has her regular customers who are amazing but she also gets very angry and abusive people.

If this spider was in a Red Rooster store I may have believed it

Seriously people who complain or make up things there is more serious things happening in the world

Reactions: Kayer02 and Mrs P

Firstly there bags are packed flat right up until the crew pack the orders , if by small chance a spider got in there it would have been squashed.

My daughter has worked for McDonald's for 16 years and is a manager , I just showed her this picture and she said it's virtually impossible.

The way they clean the stores are incredible, they actually get head office going into inspect giving very little notice. They are then scored on shops cleanliness and the staffs appearance.

My daughter often told me how customers would complain that their food was cold but only after eating 3/4 of it. This happens often.

She has her regular customers who are amazing but she also gets very angry and abusive people.

Seriously people who complain or make up things there is more serious things happening in the world
It was a bat not a spider.

Truth is stranger than fiction. I think we'd better get 007 to extract the employer who somehow had a dislike to the Proprietor @ some stage. Hiding the bat "somewhere" in his belongings before processing someone's order of chips would still be a super-sleuth task to keep the bag creaseless. Maybe he had a syringe of dope for the bat. Absolutely crazy. My mind has taken a hideous trip into la la land.

what spider???

Reactions: Suzanne rose
Truth is stranger than fiction. I think we'd better get 007 to extract the employer who somehow had a dislike to the Proprietor @ some stage. Hiding the bat "somewhere" in his belongings before processing someone's order of chips would still be a super-sleuth task to keep the bag creaseless. Maybe he had a syringe of dope for the bat. Absolutely crazy. My mind has taken a hideous trip into la la land.
🤣🤣🤣🤣 that was soooo funny.
It's so unbelievable that a bat got in there