This is so gorgeous, I am only a basic crocheter sticking to towel toppers, I would love to be able to do something like this. Congratulations @tereseh.
Liz
You should give it a go. Plenty of 'how to's' on internet. Just start with one colour or rows until you get the swing of it. Only need to know slip stitch, chain and double.
I'm still learning myself.
Could be a 30 day challenge for you🙂
Good luck
T

Liz
You should give it a go. Plenty of 'how to's' on internet. Just start with one colour or rows until you get the swing of it. Only need to know slip stitch, chain and double.
Good luck
T
Thanks Tereseh, will look at U-Tube.

Crochet crazy

I got into crochet last year and discovered c2c (corner-to-corner) blankets. I love the variety of patterns and have been doing them for friends and family.

View attachment 34211
I absolutely love C2C crochet! Took my a few watches on the internet but once you get the hang of it you can progress rather quickly. I have made several baby blankets with teddy bears in the middle & have just completed one with a dog. I use Bernat blanket yarn which is so soft & squishy. I’ve also done a few blankets that are a bit like gingham. I taught my 93 yr old friend how to crochet & do C2C & she absolutely loved it. I’m still learning but as you mentioned once you learn chain, slip stitch & I use trebles it really isn’t difficult. knowing how to read a graph or pattern helps. I’ll try & post some photos of my work when I’ve worked out how. I do love your blanket though.

Liz
Good luck
T
YouTube has free demonstrations of crocheting it’s easier to follow than just reading a pattern. Tunisian crochet is great for blankets/ rugs etc and it is quite east

I became a member of ARC and ARCCG during the bushfires in 2019. ARC is Animal Rescue Cooperative, and ARCCG are the people knitting, crocheting and sewing for the rescued animals. I do t know how many blankets I have knitted since, how many bird nests I crocheted and now doing Possum Palaces. The patterns are on their face book page, I learned a lot from fellow craftes, and it all helps wildlife but also pets. I enjoy giving back to the community and helping animals in need, and it s a great feeling still being able to do so!
Just a few things I did ovr the years: a possum palace. several nests (for birds, possums, pets etc. a snood made to measure for a greyhound (the jackets never cover their throats and they feel the cold), and one of all the blankets ... I thought it might inspire others...

Attachments

• IMG_8914.jpeg
    IMG_8914.jpeg
    236.2 KB · Views: 0
  • FullSizeRender.jpeg
    FullSizeRender.jpeg
    176 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8661.jpeg
    IMG_8661.jpeg
    120.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6841.jpeg
    IMG_6841.jpeg
    162.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8426.jpeg
    IMG_8426.jpeg
    161.3 KB · Views: 0
I became a member of ARC and ARCCG during the bushfires in 2019. ARC is Animal Rescue Cooperative, and ARCCG are the people knitting, crocheting and sewing for the rescued animals. I do t know how many blankets I have knitted since, how many bird nests I crocheted and now doing Possum Palaces. The patterns are on their face book page, I learned a lot from fellow craftes, and it all helps wildlife but also pets. I enjoy giving back to the community and helping animals in need, and it s a great feeling still being able to do so!
Just a few things I did ovr the years: a possum palace. several nests (for birds, possums, pets etc. a snood made to measure for a greyhound (the jackets never cover their throats and they feel the cold), and one of all the blankets ... I thought it might inspire others...
Love them all but especially the greyhound one.😍your very talented and generous.🌹

Love them all but especially the greyhound one.😍your very talented and generous.🌹
Thank you, but they are all very easy. The hardest thing to learn for me was the magic circle, but you tube is your friend here...😂

These are small baby blankets or lap rugs, it is a ridged ripple stitch, it's a pattern I found on U tube.
Yes the magic circle takes time to get the hang of, I've saved the U tube instructions so I can go back and check if I haven't done it for a while.

Attachments

• 377321962_1139477803692099_232867880622974152_n.jpg
    377321962_1139477803692099_232867880622974152_n.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 0
I am a member of the Rescue Craft Co and we are sewing pouches and bat wraps for the wildlife, they also do crochet nests but I haven't mastered them yet. I love sewing the pouches and they fear that this is going to be another bad fire season. It hasn't started well up here in Queensland to date.

I am a member of the Rescue Craft Co and we are sewing pouches and bat wraps for the wildlife, they also do crochet nests but I haven't mastered them yet. I love sewing the pouches and they fear that this is going to be another bad fire season. It hasn't started well up here in Queensland to date.
Oh no that’s not good I’m fearful for you all stay safe🙀🌹

Reactions: PattiB