Controversial Cadbury alteration upsets thousands: Find out which Favourite has changed!

Ah, the sweet taste of nostalgia. Don't we all have fond memories of indulging in our all-time favourite chocolates as kids? It's hard to beat the comfort and joy those good old Cadbury Favourites provided.

Well, brace yourself, dear SDC members, because we have news that will send shockwaves through the Aussie chocolate-loving community.

Cadbury has recently announced a significant change to its classic Favourites selection, sparking a heated debate that has divided chocoholics across our great nation.

Two iconic chocolates–the creamy Dream and the crumbly Flake–are being removed from the Favourites box! Yes, collective gasps abound. A special shout-out to my beautiful mum, Kerrie, who will likely be reading this. I know this news will be heartbreaking to you. However, it just doesn’t seem like the rest of Australia likes Dream chocolate as much as you do…

1683085461859.png
Cadbury’s Favourites has suffered from shrinkflation AND a chocolate swap. Image source: Reddit.

As first reported by a sharp-eyed Reddit user, these classic treats will be replaced by none other than the much-hyped Caramilk and the tasty Twirl. The savvy observer also noted a subtle size difference in the Favourites box, with the new version being a slightly smaller 520g instead of the original 570g.

'Shrinkflation has reached Favourites,' the Reddit poster grimly stated, adding, 'Dream and Flake now replaced with Caramilk and Twirl.'

Naturally, such a controversial update to the iconic box of chocolates has sparked quite a conversation online. Turns out there are strong opinions and conflicting emotions ruling the great chocolate debate!

While some firmly believe this is an ‘upgrade’ long overdue, others are desperately mourning the loss of their beloved Dream and Flake classics.

'Replacing two of the lesser chocolates with superior options? Oh no!' snarked one supporter of the change.

Another Australian said, 'That's ok, Caramilk is better than Dream, and Twirl is Flake without the mess.'

Another user chimed in: 'I, for one, welcome the change of the Flake and Dream. The Dream is an outdated chocolate, and the Twirl is an IMPROVED Flake.'

However, plenty of Cadbury purists lamented the switch, with one heartbroken chocolate devotee exclaiming, 'Twirl replacing Flake is fine but no Dream? That's like my favourite... Caramilk is no Dream replacement in my opinion.'

Another added, 'Don't mind Twirl, but I personally don't like Caramilk - I prefer the party edition Favourites with the Freddos.'

The debate went on, with some even suggesting alternative changes to the Favourites lineup: 'Can't they, like, remove Picnics?' The SDC team gasped at this suggestion.

In response to the chocolate chaos, Mondelez International, which owns Cadbury, explained the decision, saying they regularly review the range of chocolates in Favourites 'to ensure the box is reflective of Australia's favourite flavours'.

'Caramilk and Twirl are among our most popular products and rightfully deserve their place in the Cadbury Favourites line-up,' stated Alex Blair, Mondelez's corporate and government affairs manager.

Key Takeaways
  • Cadbury's Favourites box will no longer include the Dream and Flake chocolates.
  • The new box will now contain the popular Caramilk and Twirl.
  • The change sparked mixed reactions online, with some applauding the change and others expressing disappointment.
  • Mondelez International, owner of Cadbury, said the change ensures the box reflects Australia's favourite flavours and reassured that Dream and Flake chocolates can still be found in bar and share-bag formats.

But fear not, devotees of Dream and Flake - these classic treats will still be available in bar and share-bag formats.

So, dear SDC members, where do you stand in this deliciously dramatic chocolate debate? Let us know your thoughts and, most importantly, your favourite chocolate bars! I’d love to hear them all.

Reactions: micky1
Sponsored
Ah, the sweet taste of nostalgia. Don't we all have fond memories of indulging in our all-time favourite chocolates as kids? It's hard to beat the comfort and joy those good old Cadbury Favourites provided.

Well, brace yourself, dear SDC members, because we have news that will send shockwaves through the Aussie chocolate-loving community.

Cadbury has recently announced a significant change to its classic Favourites selection, sparking a heated debate that has divided chocoholics across our great nation.

Two iconic chocolates–the creamy Dream and the crumbly Flake–are being removed from the Favourites box! Yes, collective gasps abound. A special shout-out to my beautiful mum, Kerrie, who will likely be reading this. I know this news will be heartbreaking to you. However, it just doesn’t seem like the rest of Australia likes Dream chocolate as much as you do…

View attachment 18986
Cadbury’s Favourites has suffered from shrinkflation AND a chocolate swap. Image source: Reddit.

As first reported by a sharp-eyed Reddit user, these classic treats will be replaced by none other than the much-hyped Caramilk and the tasty Twirl. The savvy observer also noted a subtle size difference in the Favourites box, with the new version being a slightly smaller 520g instead of the original 570g.

'Shrinkflation has reached Favourites,' the Reddit poster grimly stated, adding, 'Dream and Flake now replaced with Caramilk and Twirl.'

Naturally, such a controversial update to the iconic box of chocolates has sparked quite a conversation online. Turns out there are strong opinions and conflicting emotions ruling the great chocolate debate!

While some firmly believe this is an ‘upgrade’ long overdue, others are desperately mourning the loss of their beloved Dream and Flake classics.

'Replacing two of the lesser chocolates with superior options? Oh no!' snarked one supporter of the change.

Another Australian said, 'That's ok, Caramilk is better than Dream, and Twirl is Flake without the mess.'

Another user chimed in: 'I, for one, welcome the change of the Flake and Dream. The Dream is an outdated chocolate, and the Twirl is an IMPROVED Flake.'

However, plenty of Cadbury purists lamented the switch, with one heartbroken chocolate devotee exclaiming, 'Twirl replacing Flake is fine but no Dream? That's like my favourite... Caramilk is no Dream replacement in my opinion.'

Another added, 'Don't mind Twirl, but I personally don't like Caramilk - I prefer the party edition Favourites with the Freddos.'

The debate went on, with some even suggesting alternative changes to the Favourites lineup: 'Can't they, like, remove Picnics?' The SDC team gasped at this suggestion.

In response to the chocolate chaos, Mondelez International, which owns Cadbury, explained the decision, saying they regularly review the range of chocolates in Favourites 'to ensure the box is reflective of Australia's favourite flavours'.

'Caramilk and Twirl are among our most popular products and rightfully deserve their place in the Cadbury Favourites line-up,' stated Alex Blair, Mondelez's corporate and government affairs manager.

Key Takeaways

• Cadbury's Favourites box will no longer include the Dream and Flake chocolates.
  • The change sparked mixed reactions online, with some applauding the change and others expressing disappointment.
  • Mondelez International, owner of Cadbury, said the change ensures the box reflects Australia's favourite flavours and reassured that Dream and Flake chocolates can still be found in bar and share-bag formats.

But fear not, devotees of Dream and Flake - these classic treats will still be available in bar and share-bag formats.

So, dear SDC members, where do you stand in this deliciously dramatic chocolate debate? Let us know your thoughts and, most importantly, your favourite chocolate bars! I’d love to hear them all.

Oh well another thing that won't be on my shopping list any longer.
Bye Bye Cadbury's Favourites box.

View attachment 18986

Key Takeaways

Iwithout the flake will no longer be on my shopping listI will now save and buy a single Flake with my weekly shop, and will no longer buy this for gifts or parties, they lose all around.

Reactions: Jarred Santos

View attachment 18986

Key Takeaways

Dont like dream or caramilk, dont mind twirl tho.

View attachment 18986

Key Takeaways

I refuse to buy any of Cadburys products.... they still pay the crap Halal bullshit