SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
T

TriciaR

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 28, 2023
Coles SMS scam

Hello everyone! Today, member Kaye N would like to share an SMS she received from someone who claims to be from Coles which she said is impossible because she does not shop there nor is she part of their rewards program.
unnamed.jpg
Please be careful out there! Do not click on links sent from unfamiliar numbers!

Last edited:
What a coincidence you have the same number of points as I do...3022. So obviously a scam seeing the only genuine points are frequent flyer points...obviously someone trying to scam without even doing their basic research. I truly hope no one would be so gullible to fall for this,

been around awhile now- had a few of this one. I do have the rewards and get weekly updates anyway. I know what points I have and its not that , especially when its the sam

Reactions: PattiB and Gsr
Thanks for sharing, I saw it as well and put it on Facebook. If we all share these scams won’t stop them but they have to find another one. Keep sharing

Reactions: Pam White and Gsr
Massive scam! Messages arrive around 2-3.00am. If you do poke buttons to “spend” those alleged points PLUS $1.70, your credit card is hit with an initial $505.95 charge.
If silly enough to get that far, do not poke anything else. Hopefully, you have already set bank restrictions on every account you hold, which means your bank will text you a number to OK and continue the transaction. Do not enter that number.
Immediately go to yr banking App and LOCK yr credit card and close down all open windows, then turn yr phone off for a couple of hours.
Please set restrictions on all your accounts through yr banking App.
You can take yr phone to yr nearest bank branch & they will show you how to do it.

Massive scam! Messages arrive around 2-3.00am. If you do poke buttons to “spend” those alleged points PLUS $1.70, your credit card is hit with an initial $505.95 charge.
If silly enough to get that far, do not poke anything else. Hopefully, you have already set bank restrictions on every account you hold, which means your bank will text you a number to OK and continue the transaction. Do not enter that number.
Immediately go to yr banking App and LOCK yr credit card and close down all open windows, then turn yr phone off for a couple of hours.
Please set restrictions on all your accounts through yr banking App.
You can take yr phone to yr nearest bank branch & they will show you how to do it.
You didn't fall for this did you?

DID YOU?

Reactions: Scaveola and PattiB
I got that one today for the first time. I deleted and reported it - not that reporting these things seems to stop them

Reactions: Jo Piper3