Coles set to launch an all-new "meat" range (with a huge twist!)

Here's some good news for the folks out there who are looking to lessen their meat consumption!

Supermarket giant Coles is set to launch a whole new range of "meat" products but with an added twist – these products are not made from animals but from plants.

Starting next week, a new range of plant-based "meat" products will be available in over 800 Coles stores all over the country.

Aussie shoppers will now have more reasons to incorporate meat-free diets into their routines as plant-based brand Get Plant'd is set to be available on supermarket shelves.

TUOHKJt8dNj7JOblWCkguygOhHQgcjwpGB8YjP_YtjHiY6EBTCKrf637xgHktpL1QQMY1nBRDfNlKDDyIfUYO9gd-x2Ql4ZDvIMrd5HCysgutc9xbnDF-V-2u4L_SfPVuvG-u-1P6QP7vdefog

Plant-based meat brand Get Plant'd is launching in Coles supermarkets across Australia. Credit: Plant Powered Press.

Founded by Cale Drouin, an Australian restaurateur and food creator with more than a decade's experience in the plant-based sector, the plant-based brand Get Plant'd aims to offer delicious flavours and more simple but functional plant-based choices for Australian customers.

The entire line of plant-based products is made from vegan and versatile plant-based ingredients such as wheat (seitan) and soybeans (texturised soy protein), which are specifically made to emulate the taste, smell and texture of real meat.

The whole range will include Meat Free Bacon, Meat Free Deli-Style Pepperoni, Meat Free Deli-Style Chicken Slices, Meat Free Roast Duck, Meat Free Roast Pork, and Meat Free Roast Chicken Fillets.

"The whole Get Plant'd range places an emphasis on delicious taste and ease of functionality," said Mr Drouin.

"Our goal is to make it simple for shoppers to pick up plant-based meat, and to enjoy this product as part of their favourite meals or snacks. People can Get Plant'd without having to commit to specific dietary choices full-time."

He also added that in Australia, there is an increasing number of people who are adapting 'flexitarian' diets – people who will happily choose plant-based pepperoni for their pizza, or opt for plant-based chicken in their sandwiches, provided these options are tasty, accessible, and convenient.

If you're not familiar with the term, the flexitarian diet is a combination of the words "flexible" and "vegetarian" – a cross between being full vegan and vegetarian with the ability to enjoy animal products every so often.

This is perfect for people who are looking for a healthy diet that doesn't involve counting calories, does not have super strict rules, and allows them to enjoy meat from time to time.

For more information about it, take a look at the video below:

Credit: Healthy Modern Living.

What are your thoughts, folks? Does the all-new plant-based meat range from Coles excite you, or are you annoyed at the trend of vegetarian products having 'meat' in the title?

And if you're thinking of trying your hand at the mentioned flexitarian diet, we suggest consulting with your doctor first before making any drastic changes to your diet.

See you in the supermarket, members!

Sponsored

Here's some good news for the folks out there who are looking to lessen their meat consumption!

Supermarket giant Coles is set to launch a whole new range of "meat" products but with an added twist – these products are not made from animals but from plants.

Starting next week, a new range of plant-based "meat" products will be available in over 800 Coles stores all over the country.

Aussie shoppers will now have more reasons to incorporate meat-free diets into their routines as plant-based brand Get Plant'd is set to be available on supermarket shelves.

TUOHKJt8dNj7JOblWCkguygOhHQgcjwpGB8YjP_YtjHiY6EBTCKrf637xgHktpL1QQMY1nBRDfNlKDDyIfUYO9gd-x2Ql4ZDvIMrd5HCysgutc9xbnDF-V-2u4L_SfPVuvG-u-1P6QP7vdefog

Plant-based meat brand Get Plant'd is launching in Coles supermarkets across Australia. Credit: Plant Powered Press.

Founded by Cale Drouin, an Australian restaurateur and food creator with more than a decade's experience in the plant-based sector, the plant-based brand Get Plant'd aims to offer delicious flavours and more simple but functional plant-based choices for Australian customers.

The entire line of plant-based products is made from vegan and versatile plant-based ingredients such as wheat (seitan) and soybeans (texturised soy protein), which are specifically made to emulate the taste, smell and texture of real meat.

The whole range will include Meat Free Bacon, Meat Free Deli-Style Pepperoni, Meat Free Deli-Style Chicken Slices, Meat Free Roast Duck, Meat Free Roast Pork, and Meat Free Roast Chicken Fillets.

"The whole Get Plant'd range places an emphasis on delicious taste and ease of functionality," said Mr Drouin.

"Our goal is to make it simple for shoppers to pick up plant-based meat, and to enjoy this product as part of their favourite meals or snacks. People can Get Plant'd without having to commit to specific dietary choices full-time."

He also added that in Australia, there is an increasing number of people who are adapting 'flexitarian' diets – people who will happily choose plant-based pepperoni for their pizza, or opt for plant-based chicken in their sandwiches, provided these options are tasty, accessible, and convenient.

If you're not familiar with the term, the flexitarian diet is a combination of the words "flexible" and "vegetarian" – a cross between being full vegan and vegetarian with the ability to enjoy animal products every so often.

This is perfect for people who are looking for a healthy diet that doesn't involve counting calories, does not have super strict rules, and allows them to enjoy meat from time to time.

What are your thoughts, folks? Does the all-new plant-based meat range from Coles excite you, or are you annoyed at the trend of vegetarian products having 'meat' in the title?

And if you're thinking of trying your hand at the mentioned flexitarian diet, we suggest consulting with your doctor first before making any drastic changes to your diet.

Should not have the word meat in the title if it does not have any meat in it. Can you imagine the uproar from these vegetarian people if you started marketing Rump Steak as Vegan or Cheese as non dairy, they would have a seizure. Fine, have fake products, but don't market them as real products, it's "Fake News" otherwise.

My granddaughter bought me some “meat” rissoles one time and they were disgusting. I thought they might have been off but when I checked the packaging they were plant based. My granddaughter was devastated when I told her,she said they were in the meat aisle and bought them because they were on sale. If you are vegan why on earth would you eat fake meat.

that is ok but what is in them i have an allergy to a lot of things so it is better i just stick to fresh veg at least i know what is in them
My sister has suffered and survived two episodes of cancer over an eighteen year period. She cannot have anything that contains soy as the Doctors warned her that the type of cancer she has survived thrives on soy. It was news to me, but I now avoid soy altogether as it promotes the growth of some cancers.

I cannot understand why vegans, who hate meat, would want to eat something that looked and tasted like meat. No sense to me!!!

I thought the whole point of accurate labelling was to prevent food products from being mislabelled - and therefore, falsely advertising products.

How can something that has NO meat be legally allowed to advertised as "meat", even if they try to qualify it as "plant-based meat".

False and misleading advertising! Try that on any other product and see what the results are.

In my opinion, this should not be legal.

I cannot understand why vegans, who hate meat, would want to eat something that looked and tasted like meat. No sense to me!!!
So true. If they truly believe in not eating meat products, then stand up and own those beliefs.
I respect the choice of others, but also expect them to respect my right to choose what I eat.

Maybe we should start producing "meat-based" vegetables. Fair's fair??

I've got these new vegetarian patties if anyone is interested. They're made out of sawdust but they are closer to vegetarian than this cr@p is to meat. I get sick of companies that make "pretend meat" to cater for those individuals too weak to say they are vegan, vegetarian or some other cult eating fad.