Coles is offering a secret 'apology' discount to select customers - check your receipt now

We’ve all witnessed how the world of supermarkets has changed dramatically in recent years.

There are the rewards programs, such as the Everyday Rewards from Woolworths. And Coles Flybuys reward customers who shop in-store or online with various discounts and points.

However, it appears something didn't quite go right with one program recently, and many members have been rewarded with a surprise apology from the company after discovering the issue.

A recent Facebook post revealed how one Coles customer was surprised to find that she had scored a $4.50 discount without any warning. After checking her docket, she noticed the word 'apology' written alongside the lower price.

Screen Shot 2022-12-19 at 9.43.24 AM.png
A shopper was surprised to receive an 'apology' discount from Coles. Credit: Facebook.

'Today, a lot of people had parts of their shopping free, myself included, for a Coles "apology" thing,' the shopper wrote in her post on a popular Facebook group for bargain hunters.

She then added that she managed to get four 600ml Oak Chocolate Milks for free just by scanning her Flybuys card. 'It isn't posted anywhere and doesn't work for everyone, but worth checking your receipt for some freebies.'

It's since been revealed that Coles issued the discount as an 'apology' to customers who had been mistakenly charged full price on reduced items during a recent Flybuys promotion.
Key Takeaways

• Coles customers are being urged to check their receipts, as the supermarket has issued 'apology' discounts to selected shoppers.
  • For example, one customer received $4.50 off her grocery bill.
  • The discount has been issued to customers who were mistakenly charged full price on items reduced during a recent promotion.
And even though Coles hasn't officially announced the offer to all its customers, the message it delivered through its surprise discount is loud and clear: Coles is sorry, and it recognises the importance of rewards and giving value to its customers.

So members, if you've done any shopping at Coles recently, it's definitely worth checking your receipts. You may have been one of the customers selected to receive this apology gift.

Let us know what you think about this in the comments!

Sponsored
I'm actually angry with Coles and flybys atm. I just finished 4 weeks of weekly shopping needing to spend $180 each week to receive 10,000 bonus points or $220 to receive 20,000 points
Each week I spent around $280 so will qualify for the 20,000 points
Week 4 and I spent $270 to only find out on day of delivery there were $59 in out of stocks which made my order only $211 I received 10,000 points.

Exact thing happened to my daughter on week 4 of her shop except she had $100 of out of stocks

Did they do this purposely
Her surname is different to me and also different coles

• Wow
Reactions: asp
Why are those receipts exactly the same except for the register and transaction numbers? Looks a bit sus to me.
I agree. Why would you shop 2 minutes after purchasing the same item previously. And 1 was an assisted checkout which mean they needed to wait to be served (for 1 item)

Reactions: Tawnyrose