Cleaning expert reveals the BEST hack to never losing your socks in the washing machine ever again!

The dirty laundry basket never seems to run out for any of us, huh? It’s the chore that never seems to end. The thing about laundry is no matter how much experience you’ve had doing it, there will always be moments where the results are less than perfect. We don’t know about you, but we’ve lost a wheelbarrow’s worth of socks over the years and constantly seem to end up wearing odd pairs and hoping no one will notice!

37351394-9093897-Melbourne_parenting_blogger_and_mother_of_two_Chantel_Mila_pictu-m-15_1609208...jpg
The cleaning expert, Chantel Mila herself. Image Credit: @mama_mila_au

Luckily, a mum-of-two named Chantel Mila, shares the best and easiest hack to ensure you never lose pairs of socks in the washing machine ever again!

The Melbourne-based cleaning expert uses a $3 mesh fabric bag to separate socks from the rest of the dirty clothing items in the wash. She provides one mesh bag for each family member to avoid the hassle of trying to find the right pairs for each person. This not only ensures everyone’s socks won’t end up in an alternate universe, but it also allows for way faster matching after the wash is done.

She then proceeds by placing the mesh bags into a washing load along with the other dirty clothing items and completes a machine cycle.

Screenshot at Feb 04 10-37-10.pngScreenshot at Feb 04 10-39-27.png
Snapshots from Chantel’s Tiktok Video. Image Credit: mama_mila_

When it’s all good to go, Chantel places the mesh bags directly into the dryer with the other clothing items.

After the dryer, she removes the socks from the individual mesh bags and shares a simple folding technique to effortlessly get those socks in order.

Chantel categorizes her socks by starting with one sock that’s horizontally laid onto a bench top, where another will be vertically placed right above it. Once the socks are in a cross-like formation, she folds in the edges to make a neat parcel. This will save you from poking around your drawers in a desperate attempt to find matching sock pairs.

The cleaning hack is being praised by several users on Tiktok and it currently sits on over 47K views.

“What a great idea!” one user wrote.

“Wow! This is such a great idea, hate trying to find all the socks after a wash!” another adds.

Another helpful laundry tip is using chalk to banish those greasy marks. We know grease stains can be a nightmare but rubbing some chalk over an oily stain will help absorb all the icky mess due to its chemical properties, making it ultra-absorbent.

Want to check out the full TikTok video? Watch it down below!

If you’re looking for more folding techniques, watch this video below!

Sponsored
With four kids and therefore an endless number of socks I started using a method similar to this many, many years ago. There weren't any mesh bags available 40 years ago so I used calico bags I made myself.

I used to ensure I had the right number of sox, ie the pairs, as I put them into the machine.
After the wash, I paired them as I hung them on the line to dry, so if one was missing, I'd go back to the machine, and find it stuck to the inside of the drum.....black sock, black drum, hard to see.
When I took them off the line, I folded the pairs together as I went, so the sox were all folded when the loaded basket went inside.

I used to ensure I had the right number of sox, ie the pairs, as I put them into the machine.
After the wash, I paired them as I hung them on the line to dry, so if one was missing, I'd go back to the machine, and find it stuck to the inside of the drum.....black sock, black drum, hard to see.
When I took them off the line, I folded the pairs together as I went, so the sox were all folded when the loaded basket went inside.
I do this as well. Pair them as you hang them on the line and when dry, you just roll the together!

Reactions: KatKop and Ricci
Cleaning expert reveals the BEST hack to never losing your socks in the washing machine ever again!

The dirty laundry basket never seems to run out for any of us, huh? It’s the chore that never seems to end. The thing about laundry is no matter how much experience you’ve had doing it, there will always be moments where the results are less than perfect. We don’t know about you, but we’ve lost a wheelbarrow’s worth of socks over the years and constantly seem to end up wearing odd pairs and hoping no one will notice!

View attachment 1722
The cleaning expert, Chantel Mila herself. Image Credit: @mama_mila_au

Luckily, a mum-of-two named Chantel Mila, shares the best and easiest hack to ensure you never lose pairs of socks in the washing machine ever again!

The Melbourne-based cleaning expert uses a $3 mesh fabric bag to separate socks from the rest of the dirty clothing items in the wash. She provides one mesh bag for each family member to avoid the hassle of trying to find the right pairs for each person. This not only ensures everyone’s socks won’t end up in an alternate universe, but it also allows for way faster matching after the wash is done.

She then proceeds by placing the mesh bags into a washing load along with the other dirty clothing items and completes a machine cycle.

View attachment 1723View attachment 1724
Snapshots from Chantel’s Tiktok Video. Image Credit: mama_mila_

When it’s all good to go, Chantel places the mesh bags directly into the dryer with the other clothing items.

After the dryer, she removes the socks from the individual mesh bags and shares a simple folding technique to effortlessly get those socks in order.

Chantel categorizes her socks by starting with one sock that’s horizontally laid onto a bench top, where another will be vertically placed right above it. Once the socks are in a cross-like formation, she folds in the edges to make a neat parcel. This will save you from poking around your drawers in a desperate attempt to find matching sock pairs.

The cleaning hack is being praised by several users on Tiktok and it currently sits on over 47K views.

“What a great idea!” one user wrote.

“Wow! This is such a great idea, hate trying to find all the socks after a wash!” another adds.

Another helpful laundry tip is using chalk to banish those greasy marks. We know grease stains can be a nightmare but rubbing some chalk over an oily stain will help absorb all the icky mess due to its chemical properties, making it ultra-absorbent.

Want to check out the full TikTok video? Watch it down below!

If you’re looking for more folding techniques, watch this video below!

I do the same thing

I turn my socks inside out, pull the toe through to the leg/heel and do the same to both and lay them over each other and tuck, then all you have to do is pull them on your foot, no turning in side out before use., . Was taught this by mother mother over 60 years ago. Works for me. Sorry only had ankle socks handy and ready to slip feet into.

Attachments

• socks with heel at bottom.jpg
    socks with heel at bottom.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 0
  • socks together.jpg
    socks together.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: