Simply_Susan

Mar 30, 2022
Check You Bank Statements..........Strange To Say The least

This is Strange To Say The least. Going through my bank statement today I discovered 2 payments, through PayPal. Yes I use PayPal and a lot but when I went to check with PayPal as to what I had bought the invoicing didn't match up. When I contacted PayPal they wanted to know my bank details.... "Not on ya Nelly" I replied. I was then told to go through my bank. I have just gotten off the phone to them. They can't find it, nothing is coming up on their systems or with their searches and apparently they have many ways to search for money transfers. They have cancelled my card and will issue another one. The amount, yeah not a lot but if not a lot of money comes out regularly or out of numerous accounts regularly it turns into being a huge amount.

I use PayPal and thought they covered when something was not what it was supposed to be. I was informed that the company said I had to return at my expense. I thought PayPal covered your losses but no they did not.
Also I was told I had a credit coming free m someone but I never saw it happen. Now I don’t know how secure PayPal is.

I would have put a "laugh" emoji but as someone who has dyslexia my heart went out to this person. I always have a "dick-chin-eerie" close by - but there are times when I laugh at what I have written and have a good giggle at my own expense.
I am the main target of my own sarcasm. Don'r mind taking the piss out of myself one little bit!

Just ask @DLHM....

I use PayPal constantly & have never had a problem but I suppose glitches can happen. If I ever return anything I photograph it being put in a bag at post office and then I get a receipt & tracking number. I’ve not had any problems but I have evidence if needed. Guess I don’t trust people these days.

I am the main target of my own sarcasm. Don'r mind taking the piss out of myself one little bit!

Just ask @DLHM....
I'm glad I'm not alone - well I am alone with hubby away for most of the week my "off-sider" is forever taking the piss out of me and when I suggest we have a "team meeting" about the issue it disappears for a few hours at a time.

I would have put a "laugh" emoji but as someone who has dyslexia my heart went out to this person. I always have a "dick-chin-eerie" close by - but there are times when I laugh at what I have written and have a good giggle at my own expense.
WTG Marilynne!
Please members, don't mock people who can't spell... it's often because of Dyslexia. I know, because I have a brother who has it.
Even if it's due to lack of education, it too may not be their fault.... please be kind!

WTG Marilynne!
Please members, don't mock people who can't spell... it's often because of Dyslexia. I know, because I have a brother who has it.
Even if it's due to lack of education, it too may not be their fault.... please be kind!

WTG Marilynne!
I had to check with Uncle Google because I didn't know what WTG meant.

WTG Marilynne!
I re-read @UNIT1000's post and I suspect they might be mocking us all.

Just my observation.

I too, use Paypal and get heaps of spam confirming money that was never sent.
I always check my account and it's never taken.

After complaining to them they requested that any suspicious mail be sent to them at:
[email protected]
If you're NOT SURE - send it anyway!!!
DO NOT respond to the phone number or email, given in the scam mail.

ALWAYS use the same contact numbers ORIGINALLY given to you.
I still use them, as it has saved me on numerous occasions. from being scammed from not giving out my bank details to everyone.

That has happened to me with Paypal. I got my money back with Bendigo Bank. Teytold me that these crooks use a local contact detail to get round the banks overseas transactions block. I won't use that service anymore.

Susan, PayPal should already have your bank details. I'm wondering did you log into your Pay Pal account and go through that complaint system.

Reactions: siameezer