Check out this $39 Kmart ‘must-have’: ‘This thing is a game changer’

Spending hours ironing clothing items can be dreadful.

No one likes the hassle of spending lots of time carrying out such tedious chores, not to mention the extra costs that come with it, such as the iron and electricity.

But thankfully, Kmart has done it again with this item!

The retail giant has released a $39 Hand Held Garment Steamer that has Australian shoppers buzzing with excitement.

This compact, easy-to-use device is revolutionising how we remove wrinkles and creases from our clothes, making it a must-have item for every household.

Screenshot 2023-12-07 at 10.49.07 AM.png
Kmart released a $39 Hand Held Garment Steamer in all its stores. Credit: Kmart Australia

The Hand Held Garment Steamer is a game-changer in the world of home appliances. It's a fantastic alternative to the traditional iron and ironing board, offering a quick and hassle-free solution to de-wrinkling your garments.

Whether you're rushing to work or need to freshen up your outfit for a night out, this steamer has got you covered.

Compliant with Australian electrical safety standards, this gadget can heat up to a scorching 98°C in just 30 seconds. It's perfect for those last-minute touch-ups, ensuring you always look your best.

One satisfied customer, Kristy, couldn't help but share her rave reviews on social media.

'Kmart, you've done it again,’ she exclaimed.

‘Run, don't walk. This thing is a game changer.’

Kristy demonstrated the steamer's effectiveness by effortlessly removing the creases from her pants in a matter of seconds.

‘It’s so good, let me show you,’ she said.

‘So I’ve got these pants, which you can see is pretty crinkled.’

The handheld garment steamer is equipped with an 80mL water tank and two different steam settings for continuous use. It's ideal for freshening up clothes or bed linen in a flash.

Despite its compact size, this steamer packs a punch, earning a stellar 4.4-star rating online.

Watch her video below:

Customers have been quick to praise the steamer's speed and efficiency.

'This steamer heats up in seconds and is ergonomic. Perfect for shirts, blouses, pants or jumpers that have become a bit wrinkled in the cupboard. For lighter fabrics, it replaces ironing...So convenient and effective,' one shopper said.

Another customer shared their experience, saying, 'This is incredible, works so well and quickly. The water does run out fast, but that's not an issue. Simply fill it up and keep steaming.'

The steamer's compact size also makes it a great travel companion.

'Love this handheld steamer—a lot of people have mentioned that the water tank isn't very big, which is correct, but this is amazing for steaming one to two items of clothing or for taking away in a bag or suitcase,' a satisfied customer added.

However, not everyone was satisfied with the product.

One customer said, ‘Water refill [is] way too small.’

‘Unfortunately, it did not do what it [was] meant to. I tried using [it] on a thin cotton shirt–no crease lines came out. Would not recommend,’ another added.

A third commented, ‘I read good views of this steamer, but I found it useless. I tried on a soft pillowcase, but it made no difference...wrinkles [are] still there. Plus, the water holder didn't last long.’

But if you aren’t ready to get your hands on this game-changing Kmart item, there are various ways of keeping your clothes wrinkle-free!

In a previous story, we’ve rounded up five easy-to-follow tips to remove creases from your clothes without using any steamer or iron. Read more about it here.
Key Takeaways
  • Kmart shoppers are raving about a $39 Hand Held Garment Steamer that can effectively remove wrinkles and creases from clothing quickly.
  • The gadget, adhering to Australian electrical safety standards, can heat up to 98°C in 30 seconds.
  • The product features an 80mL water tank and two different steam settings, making it versatile for various needs.
  • Though the product has minor drawbacks, like a small water tank, it has received positive reviews online with a 4.4-star rating, and customers have praised it for its convenience and effectiveness.
What are your thoughts on this Hand Held Garment Steamer? Have you tried it out yet? Share your experiences in the comments below.

Sponsored
One of my daughters purchased this exact one from kmart beginning of October just to use on my other daughters wedding dress and all the brides maids dresses . It took ages to get the creases out .we gave up. The fabric was a very easy to iron fabric. Would have been quicker to iron it.
She ended up calling her hubby to bring their steamer , also a hand held steamer but a much more expensive one which worked very quickly.

Myself and two daughter have all steamed many wedding dresses having worked in bridal , we didn't expect alot from thus steamer but dud expect it to at least get creases out

Why didn't she bring hers in the beginning, she didn't want to chance it getting dropped ect and she only bought the kmart one when she spotted it in store.

Put it this way afterwards she said anyone can have it and after seeing its performance no one wanted it

One of my daughters purchased this exact one from kmart beginning of October just to use on my other daughters wedding dress and all the brides maids dresses . It took ages to get the creases out .we gave up. The fabric was a very easy to iron fabric. Would have been quicker to iron it.
She ended up calling her hubby to bring their steamer , also a hand held steamer but a much more expensive one which worked very quickly.

Myself and two daughter have all steamed many wedding dresses having worked in bridal , we didn't expect alot from thus steamer but dud expect it to at least get creases out

Why didn't she bring hers in the beginning, she didn't want to chance it getting dropped ect and she only bought the kmart one when she spotted it in store.

Put it this way afterwards she said anyone can have it and after seeing its performance no one wanted it
I just received an order last week for a hand held steamer paying nearly triple the price of the Kmart steamer. Haven’t tried it yet. I just hope it will be three times as effective as the Kmart steamer. 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

I just received an order last week for a hand held steamer paying nearly triple the price of the Kmart steamer. Haven’t tried it yet. I just hope it will be three times as effective as the Kmart steamer. 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
My daughters steamer is great, she did pay I think around $150. You go over it once and wrinkles are gone. She got it for mainly curtains and hubby's suit but now uses it for everything .

The kmart one you go over the same spot like 5 or 6 times and still not smooth.

I'm sure if the one you purchased isn't good you will be able to return it.

I think kmart electrical , you are lucky if you buy something good. The only thing I love from kmart is their electric grill , the best I have bought and only $49. Everything else has been binned and I now stick to good brands

honestly by the time you fiddled around putting item into shape and running that thing over it you could have ironed it properly,,I don't like the look of unironed clothing so do regular irons,,,,,sometimes I would love to pull the clothes off people and iron them,,,they look so wrinkled and ugly,,,I saw a person at a funeral once with unironed clothes on,,so disrespectful

honestly by the time you fiddled around putting item into shape and running that thing over it you could have ironed it properly,,I don't like the look of unironed clothing so do regular irons,,,,,sometimes I would love to pull the clothes off people and iron them,,,they look so wrinkled and ugly,,,I saw a person at a funeral once with unironed clothes on,,so disrespectful
I get so conscious when what I wear has some wrinkles on it too! Don't want people thinking I'm untidy and all that 😆

Reactions: anouch
Me too. 👍

Reactions: anouch

No one likes the hassle of spending lots of time carrying out such tedious chores, not to mention the extra costs that come with it, such as the iron and electricity.

The retail giant has released a $39 Hand Held Garment Steamer that has Australian shoppers buzzing with excitement.

This compact, easy-to-use device is revolutionising how we remove wrinkles and creases from our clothes, making it a must-have item for every household.

View attachment 36819
Kmart released a $39 Hand Held Garment Steamer in all its stores. Credit: Kmart Australia

The Hand Held Garment Steamer is a game-changer in the world of home appliances. It's a fantastic alternative to the traditional iron and ironing board, offering a quick and hassle-free solution to de-wrinkling your garments.

Whether you're rushing to work or need to freshen up your outfit for a night out, this steamer has got you covered.

Compliant with Australian electrical safety standards, this gadget can heat up to a scorching 98°C in just 30 seconds. It's perfect for those last-minute touch-ups, ensuring you always look your best.

One satisfied customer, Kristy, couldn't help but share her rave reviews on social media.

Kristy demonstrated the steamer's effectiveness by effortlessly removing the creases from her pants in a matter of seconds.

The handheld garment steamer is equipped with an 80mL water tank and two different steam settings for continuous use. It's ideal for freshening up clothes or bed linen in a flash.

Despite its compact size, this steamer packs a punch, earning a stellar 4.4-star rating online.

Watch her video below:

'This steamer heats up in seconds and is ergonomic. Perfect for shirts, blouses, pants or jumpers that have become a bit wrinkled in the cupboard. For lighter fabrics, it replaces ironing...So convenient and effective,' one shopper said.

Another customer shared their experience, saying, 'This is incredible, works so well and quickly. The water does run out fast, but that's not an issue. Simply fill it up and keep steaming.'

'Love this handheld steamer—a lot of people have mentioned that the water tank isn't very big, which is correct, but this is amazing for steaming one to two items of clothing or for taking away in a bag or suitcase,' a satisfied customer added.

‘Unfortunately, it did not do what it [was] meant to. I tried using [it] on a thin cotton shirt–no crease lines came out. Would not recommend,’ another added.

A third commented, ‘I read good views of this steamer, but I found it useless. I tried on a soft pillowcase, but it made no difference...wrinkles [are] still there. Plus, the water holder didn't last long.’

But if you aren’t ready to get your hands on this game-changing Kmart item, there are various ways of keeping your clothes wrinkle-free!

In a previous story, we’ve rounded up five easy-to-follow tips to remove creases from your clothes without using any steamer or iron. Read more about it here.
Key Takeaways

• Kmart shoppers are raving about a $39 Hand Held Garment Steamer that can effectively remove wrinkles and creases from clothing quickly.
  • The gadget, adhering to Australian electrical safety standards, can heat up to 98°C in 30 seconds.
  • The product features an 80mL water tank and two different steam settings, making it versatile for various needs.
  • Though the product has minor drawbacks, like a small water tank, it has received positive reviews online with a 4.4-star rating, and customers have praised it for its convenience and effectiveness.
What are your thoughts on this Hand Held Garment Steamer? Have you tried it out yet? Share your experiences in the comments below.

"One customer said, ‘Water refill [is] way too small.’ "
Then it maybe too heavy and bulky for other .

I used to garden for a Doctor & his wife. In his profession he always wore a sports coat meaning only the front would be seen so that is the only part that his wife ironed. [Ironing shirts only took half the time. Do 10 in the time someone else can do 5].

That would be me I rarely iron most of my stuff drip dry and it looks good. Hate ironing

I used to work in a women's fashion store and we used commercial Jiffy steamers. They were fabulous, used for hours and hours every day and never missed a beat. However I can't justify $600 for a steamer when I would only use it for delicate and floaty fabrics. Most everyday items still look better ironed I think.

Reactions: Ezzy

View attachment 36819

Watch her video below:

Key Takeaways

Ironing is not a chore if you have a decent cordless iron.

I was a textile technologist. Haven't ironed anything for years and years. The 'trick' is to buy fabrics that either don't need ironing, or can be hand washed and drip dried. In a store, my wrinkle test is to hold a piece of the fabric, then twist it with the other hand, then let go. It's not enough to just grab it and double it over. It also helps to be not so pedantic about any tiny wrinkles - the garment will get wrinkled during the day anyway.

View attachment 36819

Watch her video below:

Key Takeaways

I want one, urgently. Don't sell out until I get one. It will be a Christmas Present from me to me . That way I can get something I really need. Thank you Santa
You and Me to Me we make a good Team.
Ho Ho Ho Merry Christmas

Some really good advice here, especially the cordless iron to replace that which my wife has seen better days.

Thankyou all for sharing your experiences. I have learnt a lot from your comments. Must be aware of the material my clothing is made from too. 👍

I was a textile technologist. Haven't ironed anything for years and years. The 'trick' is to buy fabrics that either don't need ironing, or can be hand washed and drip dried. In a store, my wrinkle test is to hold a piece of the fabric, then twist it with the other hand, then let go. It's not enough to just grab it and double it over. It also helps to be not so pedantic about any tiny wrinkles - the garment will get wrinkled during the day anyway.
I take it won't work for cotton or linen?

I want one, urgently. Don't sell out until I get one. It will be a Christmas Present from me to me . That way I can get something I really need. Thank you Santa
You and Me to Me we make a good Team.
Ho Ho Ho Merry Christmas