Channel 9 reporter's latest photo draws speculation

Public figures like celebrities and journalists often share their experiences on social media.

These experiences range from the mundane to the strange.

A Channel 9 veteran recently gave her followers a startling glimpse into her life, which sparked a wave of concern among her fans.

Seasoned journalist Leila McKinnon took to social media to share a series of photos that were anything but ordinary.

McKinnon revealed the aftermath of what she described as 'another delightful knee operation'.

However, it was not just the surgery that caught her followers' attention.

compressed-leila mckinnon.jpeg
Leila McKinnon's latest update drew curiosity from her followers. Image Credit: Instagram/Leila McKinnon

'I may or may not be as high as a kite right now after another delightful knee operation, but something alarming appears to have happened. Is my leg pink?' McKinnon mused, showing her leg coated in a vibrant shade of pink.

Her followers had several speculations about the strange leg.

McKinnon later explained that the unexpected colouration was the result of a post-operation disinfectant.

The operation was a necessary step in McKinnon's recovery.

Leila McKinnon previously met with an accident in 2022, which resulted in a shattered knee and a rush to the hospital.

She had to undergo surgery to insert a pin to stabilise the injury.

With her wit, McKinnon posted about the incident, playfully teasing her followers.

'Hey, what did you do on the school holidays? I don't want to show off or anything, but I got a fancy piercing in my knee,' she wrote in jest.

'Did I? a) Throw myself into a mosh pit to get closer to Harry Styles? b) Throw myself at a mountain at high speed? c) Throw myself down the stairs in a high-heel-related accident?' she wrote.

Sources confirmed that the injury was from a skiing accident.

McKinnon's recent photos and openness about the surgery sparked a conversation about the importance of taking care of oneself.

As we age, our bodies may not bounce back from injuries as quickly as they once did.

What might have been a minor setback back then could turn into a significant ordeal now.

For active seniors who enjoy sports, always remember to use proper equipment and training and know your limits.

Knee injuries can be severe, and recovery can be a long road that may include surgery.

We wish Leila McKinnon a swift and smooth recovery.
Key Takeaways

• Channel 9 reporter Leila McKinnon shared pictures of herself after undergoing knee surgery.
  • McKinnon's leg was coated in a bright shade of pink, which she explained was due to a post-operation disinfectant.
  • She had the operation to remove a pin from a skiing accident which happened in 2022.
  • Leila McKinnon humorously asked her followers about how she sustained the injury.
Have you or someone you know experienced a sports-related injury in life? How did it impact your approach to staying active? Share your stories and tips for a safe and healthy lifestyle in the comments below.

Sponsored
I shredded the interior cartilage in my right knee when at rugby practice at high school in 1974 - luckily my parents were friends with a few doctors and one operated 2 days later. He told me that if I stayed in hospital (in Wellington NZ) for 2 weeks, not one week it would be better in the long term, so I agreed as the nurses were NICE. Now 50 yrs later it still not too bad (AFTER a further 20 yrs of rugby (once all healed @ 3 mths) in NZ, Aust & USA) but the right side outside is sore, so one day probably need a knee replacement. About 15 yrs ago I applied a daily massage of a natural cream "4jointz" which helped BIG time but is only available via the USA sadly. I tried some again recently which helped but have run out so will buy some more $$$$$$$.
Even when I go for long morning walks my knee feels a bit sore afterwards and definitely can't run at all.
New knee replacement operations are amazing apparently.

Reactions: BeautifulMousey
I shredded the interior cartilage in my right knee when at rugby practice at high school in 1974 - luckily my parents were friends with a few doctors and one operated 2 days later. He told me that if I stayed in hospital (in Wellington NZ) for 2 weeks, not one week it would be better in the long term, so I agreed as the nurses were NICE. Now 50 yrs later it still not too bad (AFTER a further 20 yrs of rugby (once all healed @ 3 mths) in NZ, Aust & USA) but the right side outside is sore, so one day probably need a knee replacement. About 15 yrs ago I applied a daily massage of a natural cream "4jointz" which helped BIG time but is only available via the USA sadly. I tried some again recently which helped but have run out so will buy some more $$$$$$$.
Even when I go for long morning walks my knee feels a bit sore afterwards and definitely can't run at all.
New knee replacement operations are amazing apparently.
My brothers had two on each knee and he still can’t walk properly his knees are knackered 😢

Ouch - 2 knee replacement ops on each knee?
Correct and both hips done ✅ also we apparantely have hereditary osteoporosis and brittle bones from our mother yet 3 other brothers and 2 sisters don’t. Lucky us not😢I’ve had one hip done so far and other ones going also and same as my knees. Oh well Such is life others worse off at least we can still get up in the morning.😊

• Haha
Correct and both hips done ✅ also we apparantely have hereditary osteoporosis and brittle bones from our mother yet 3 other brothers and 2 sisters don’t. Lucky us not😢I’ve had one hip done so far and other ones going also and same as my knees. Oh well Such is life others worse off at least we can still get up in the morning.😊
Two of my friends had both knee replacements done at the same. Different doctors and different hospitals. Both were a success after. Apparently, there's only a small window of opportunity doing the post operative-exercises, otherwise there's issues if people don't do it properly.

she is neither celebrity or anything else used these days, she is a tv journalist. not that important and you only need to read the above comments to know a lot more people have worse than her. AND SHE POSTED THE PHOTO. I have a daughter waiting for her knees to be fixed in NZ. Do i bore people senseless with photos. NOT.