I am gluten free, dairy free, (nothing from cows) not much caffeine, no nightshade vegetables, reduce sugar as much as you can.

Breakfast consists of Gluten Free Weetbix sprinkled with a generous amount of Sunbeam raisins, a chopped up banana and honey from a local bee keeper drizzled over everything, instead of milk I use So Good Coconut and Almond. Other mornings I will have Helga's Gluten Free Bread ($7 a loaf around here) toasted with vegemite, honey or jam. I have a cup of Tetley's Caffeine Free Tea with one teaspoon of honey and So Good and will probably have another couple of cups during the day. Other days I have seasonal fruit for breakfast and about 40% of the time I having nothing at all.

Lunch for me is always light. Real Foods Gluten Free Corn Thins with margarine. I use Gold'n Canola. A dietician suggested a few years ago to eat oily fish like John West a couple of times a week. I always have a hydroponic lettuce in the fridge so that is what lunch often consists of.

Dinner is chicken and occasionally fish with steamed vegetables and I also have up to four lettuce leaves with dinner as well. I pour Cobram Estate Lemon infused extra virgin Olive Oil over the vegetables and cook using cheaper Cobram Olive Oil. To make the chicken interesting I use Hart and Soul recipe base or a chicken and sweet potato casserole. There are plenty of options.

I have a real sweet tooth but have reduced my chocolate intake to only dark chocolate. Previously I have eaten ice cream and other sweet things that are high in sugar in the past and sometimes I will have some but never on consecutive days.

Having a look through my pantry I see Milo, Baked Beans, Peanut Butter, Cottee's Apricot Jam and Coconut Milk.

In the past I used Swissee Wild Fish Oil, firstly in liquid form, then capsules but several years ago I was diagnosed with AF and was advised no more fish oil. I am on a care plan and one of my appointments each year is to a dietician and I have found them to be very helpful.

I used to drink but not much, however I drank Jim Beam and Coke and I think it was either the sugar or chemicals in either drink and if I had 3 or 4 half bourbons and coke I was OK the next day but drink that much two nights in a row and the arthritis was telling me no more for a while.

I would suggest you have a talk to your doctor before you change to this diet.

Reactions: Ezzy
Wow! That is truly an amazing and wonderful story! Thank you for sharing it with us. So happy that you are now free of arthritic pain! Did the naturopath take you off potatoes as well? I have heard they can contribute to arthtitic pain.

I would be very interested to read your recipe if you could kindly share it with us when you have the time.
I am confused why the doctor took you off Fish Oil when you were doagnosed with Atrial Fibrillation. Is that because they put you on a blood thinner?

My mother always taught me that we are what we eat! I believe there is a lot of truth in that and that our diet if carefully planned can keep us healthy.
Yes I was put on blood thinners. Xarelto.

Hi Guy and Girls

Apologies to those of you who have been waiting to hear from me. Firstly I had a trip to Brisbane for a scheduled operation which was only minor to have a cancerous growth removed from my bladder. A week after that something happened that made me visit the local hospital to get things checked post operation. I was given the all clear but while I was there my blood pressure was checked and my pulse was 40 - 42. So I was put in the back of an ambulance and taken to Bundaberg Base Hospital and after stabilising the heart rate I was released the next morning.

A few days after that my hard drive died and I lost everything in my computer, including different copies of my diet and how it has evolved over the 12 years I have been on it. The plan is later this morning in this thread I will post the basic rules I follow, what I eat and very importantly what I don't eat.

Mike
Bit of a testing time for you Mike. The saying goes that, 'these things happen for a reason'. I can understand the good that came from your visit to the hospital but not the loss of computer info. Lucky you can put some of this lost info back on there.

Hope nothing else bad happens for you.

Reactions: WideBayMike
I am gluten free, dairy free, (nothing from cows) not much caffeine, no nightshade vegetables, reduce sugar as much as you can.

Breakfast consists of Gluten Free Weetbix sprinkled with a generous amount of Sunbeam raisins, a chopped up banana and honey from a local bee keeper drizzled over everything, instead of milk I use So Good Coconut and Almond. Other mornings I will have Helga's Gluten Free Bread ($7 a loaf around here) toasted with vegemite, honey or jam. I have a cup of Tetley's Caffeine Free Tea with one teaspoon of honey and So Good and will probably have another couple of cups during the day. Other days I have seasonal fruit for breakfast and about 40% of the time I having nothing at all.

Lunch for me is always light. Real Foods Gluten Free Corn Thins with margarine. I use Gold'n Canola. A dietician suggested a few years ago to eat oily fish like John West a couple of times a week. I always have a hydroponic lettuce in the fridge so that is what lunch often consists of.

Dinner is chicken and occasionally fish with steamed vegetables and I also have up to four lettuce leaves with dinner as well. I pour Cobram Estate Lemon infused extra virgin Olive Oil over the vegetables and cook using cheaper Cobram Olive Oil. To make the chicken interesting I use Hart and Soul recipe base or a chicken and sweet potato casserole. There are plenty of options.

I have a real sweet tooth but have reduced my chocolate intake to only dark chocolate. Previously I have eaten ice cream and other sweet things that are high in sugar in the past and sometimes I will have some but never on consecutive days.

Having a look through my pantry I see Milo, Baked Beans, Peanut Butter, Cottee's Apricot Jam and Coconut Milk.

In the past I used Swissee Wild Fish Oil, firstly in liquid form, then capsules but several years ago I was diagnosed with AF and was advised no more fish oil. I am on a care plan and one of my appointments each year is to a dietician and I have found them to be very helpful.

I used to drink but not much, however I drank Jim Beam and Coke and I think it was either the sugar or chemicals in either drink and if I had 3 or 4 half bourbons and coke I was OK the next day but drink that much two nights in a row and the arthritis was telling me no more for a while.

I would suggest you have a talk to your doctor before you change to this diet.
Thanks Mike.

Reactions: WideBayMike
Wow! That is truly an amazing and wonderful story! Thank you for sharing it with us. So happy that you are now free of arthritic pain! Did the naturopath take you off potatoes as well? I have heard they can contribute to arthtitic pain.

I would be very interested to read your recipe if you could kindly share it with us when you have the time.
I am confused why the doctor took you off Fish Oil when you were doagnosed with Atrial Fibrillation. Is that because they put you on a blood thinner?

My mother always taught me that we are what we eat! I believe there is a lot of truth in that and that our diet if carefully planned can keep us healthy.
Yes the naturopath took me off nightshade vegetables and gluten and I had already worked out that dairy products, particularly red meat were not doing me any good. I am sure your mother was right.

Reactions: Ezzy