rest1953

Oct 13, 2021
Calling the police

An older gentleman was awoken in the early hours of the morning by noises outside in his yard. He looked through his window and saw two crooks breaking into his shed, so he called the police only to be told that all police patrols were busy and response time would be around two hours.
The old bloke thanked them and hung up .. then rang back and said, "Don't worry about sending a patrol. I went out and shot the bastards"
Immediately after he hung up there was a wailing of sirens. Within minutes two patrol cars show up along with a van full of STAR officers, a dog squad officer, two detectives, a supervisor's vehicle and a Police Inspector ... and they caught the crooks.
The Inspector then fronted the old bloke and said, "I thought you said you shot those two?"
The old bloke replied, "And I thought you said you were too busy to spare a car."

NEVER mess with old folk. They have heaps of time and the experience to mess with your head!

An older gentleman was awoken in the early hours of the morning by noises outside in his yard. He looked through his window and saw two crooks breaking into his shed, so he called the police only to be told that all police patrols were busy and response time would be around two hours.
The old bloke thanked them and hung up .. then rang back and said, "Don't worry about sending a patrol. I went out and shot the bastards"
Immediately after he hung up there was a wailing of sirens. Within minutes two patrol cars show up along with a van full of STAR officers, a dog squad officer, two detectives, a supervisor's vehicle and a Police Inspector ... and they caught the crooks.
The Inspector then fronted the old bloke and said, "I thought you said you shot those two?"
The old bloke replied, "And I thought you said you were too busy to spare a car."

NEVER mess with old folk. They have heaps of time and the experience to mess with your head!
Perfect way to get a response. No one was hurt, just using common sense.

Reactions: Jersey Girl

K

Reactions: Hamebren

that'd be about right.........many a true word spoken as jest

Food for thought! I wonder if this idea would work here? Our emergency services are often ‘tied up’ or otherwise distracted by such ‘emergencies’ as a toothache, etc!

I had friend ages ago was on phone to police about his licence and there was a noisy crow on roof, he yelled to the crow to shut up but it kept going lol, so he told person on phone hang on so he could go out and sort it, when he got back on phone he told person he had shot the bastard, well next thing there was sirens and police helicopter and cops everywhere haha

• Haha
Reactions: Hieme