Cadbury's bizarre response to customer complaint leaves fans shocked - ‘Are you serious?’

We know life can throw you some odd curveballs. We try our best to prepare for the surprise twist and turns, but nothing can quite compare to the bizarre situation one Aussie woman experienced when she made a recent purchase at Coles.

The woman, who goes by This Ethnic Life on social media platforms, purchased a Cadbury Pineapple flavoured chocolate block from the grocery store.

However, upon taking her first bite, she soon discovered that the chocolate was without its promised pineapple centre!

The woman was outraged so she decided to turn to social media for help, posting a video of her unfortunate experience.

'It's literally the Cadbury's shell with no filling,' she said in the clip.

As the video went viral with calls for a refund, the shopper took the advice and contacted the manufacturer of Cadbury in Australia, Mondelēz International.

The response came several weeks later and the customer was certainly in for a surprise.

She prepared for the 'occasion', dressing herself up in a pineapple-themed dress and showing off the 'chocolate shell' in question, which she perfectly preserved, before opening the email.

But, to her shock, she was apologetically issued a $5 Coles voucher ‘as a gesture of goodwill’.

While it was certainly a polite gesture from the manufacturer, the shopper was understandably a little miffed. The chocolate bar had cost around $5.50 at Coles, so the $5 voucher wouldn’t quite cover a replacement.

'Are you actually serious? A $5 gift card,' the disappointed woman said in her video.

a30eb350-9b97-11ed-bbd5-266ea462866e

The block of Cadbury pineapple-filled chocolate did not meet the shopper's expectations as the chocolate had no pineapple filling. Credit: TikTok/@thisethniclife.

Mondelēz International have now issued a larger voucher, valued at $10, to cover the cost of the chocolate block, as well as its replacement in acknowledgment of price variability.

A spokesperson also confirmed that the company mistakenly sent the wrong voucher to the customer.

But while things worked out in the end, This Ethnic Life was still out of pocket from her original shopping trip - as we discovered in her next follow-up video.

When she reached the register in Coles with her pineapple treats in hand, she was met with a surprise.

The barcode for her $5 voucher had already been used by someone else, so she forked out the cash for her sweets. It seems that someone managed to her TikTok to claim the discount. Or perhaps the original voucher was cancelled once the $10 voucher was issued.

'If you are that desperate to go and use my code, I hope you got something good for it,' she jokingly said, poking fun at her unfortunate-yet-hilarious situation.

Key Takeaways
  • An Aussie woman purchased a Cadbury’s pineapple chocolate block from Coles which had no filling.
  • After reaching out to Cadbury, the customer was sent a Coles gift voucher as a gesture of goodwill.
  • She was initially dismayed when the voucher was only for $5, however Cadbury subsequently sent her a second voucher worth $10.
  • The customer attempted to use the voucher, only to discover it had already been used, likely by someone viewing her social media video.

What a wild story! Who would've thought chocolate would cause so much trouble?

Speaking of hassle, we would like to stress that if you ever find yourself stuck in a similar dilemma, feel free to reach out to the company!

Also, it might be ideal to take the product to Coles and ask for a replacement or a refund instead of contacting the manufacturer. After all, Coles has a return policy called 'Try It. Love it. Or Your Money Back' guarantee, which encourages shoppers, who are not happy with their purchases, to return the product, empty packaging, or receipt of any Coles brand product.

Additionally, the retailer encourages customers who are seeking a replacement or a refund for non-Coles brand items to return the product along with its receipt to the place of purchase so staff members can assist them with their complaints.

Honestly, all we can think about is how the block might have tasted. Maybe like a strange easter egg?

Members, have you ever had a similar experience with a product? How did the company respond? Tell us in the comments below!

Sponsored
Aero, an ingen
We know life can throw you some odd curveballs. We try our best to prepare for the surprise twist and turns, but nothing can quite compare to the bizarre situation one Aussie woman experienced when she made a recent purchase at Coles.

The woman, who goes by This Ethnic Life on social media platforms, purchased a Cadbury Pineapple flavoured chocolate block from the grocery store.

However, upon taking her first bite, she soon discovered that the chocolate was without its promised pineapple centre!

The woman was outraged so she decided to turn to social media for help, posting a video of her unfortunate experience.

As the video went viral with calls for a refund, the shopper took the advice and contacted the manufacturer of Cadbury in Australia, Mondelēz International.

The response came several weeks later and the customer was certainly in for a surprise.

She prepared for the 'occasion', dressing herself up in a pineapple-themed dress and showing off the 'chocolate shell' in question, which she perfectly preserved, before opening the email.

But, to her shock, she was apologetically issued a $5 Coles voucher ‘as a gesture of goodwill’.

While it was certainly a polite gesture from the manufacturer, the shopper was understandably a little miffed. The chocolate bar had cost around $5.50 at Coles, so the $5 voucher wouldn’t quite cover a replacement.

'Are you actually serious? A $5 gift card,' the disappointed woman said in her video.

The block of Cadbury pineapple-filled chocolate did not meet the shopper's expectations as the chocolate had no pineapple filling. Credit: TikTok/@thisethniclife.

Mondelēz International have now issued a larger voucher, valued at $10, to cover the cost of the chocolate block, as well as its replacement in acknowledgment of price variability.

A spokesperson also confirmed that the company mistakenly sent the wrong voucher to the customer.

But while things worked out in the end, This Ethnic Life was still out of pocket from her original shopping trip - as we discovered in her next follow-up video.

When she reached the register in Coles with her pineapple treats in hand, she was met with a surprise.

The barcode for her $5 voucher had already been used by someone else, so she forked out the cash for her sweets. It seems that someone managed to her TikTok to claim the discount. Or perhaps the original voucher was cancelled once the $10 voucher was issued.

'If you are that desperate to go and use my code, I hope you got something good for it,' she jokingly said, poking fun at her unfortunate-yet-hilarious situation.

Key Takeaways

• An Aussie woman purchased a Cadbury’s pineapple chocolate block from Coles which had no filling.
  • After reaching out to Cadbury, the customer was sent a Coles gift voucher as a gesture of goodwill.
  • She was initially dismayed when the voucher was only for $5, however Cadbury subsequently sent her a second voucher worth $10.
  • The customer attempted to use the voucher, only to discover it had already been used, likely by someone viewing her social media video.

Speaking of hassle, we would like to stress that if you ever find yourself stuck in a similar dilemma, feel free to reach out to the company!

Also, it might be ideal to take the product to Coles and ask for a replacement or a refund instead of contacting the manufacturer. After all, Coles has a return policy called 'Try It. Love it. Or Your Money Back' guarantee, which encourages shoppers, who are not happy with their purchases, to return the product, empty packaging, or receipt of any Coles brand product.

Additionally, the retailer encourages customers who are seeking a replacement or a refund for non-Coles brand items to return the product along with its receipt to the place of purchase so staff members can assist them with their complaints.

Honestly, all we can think about is how the block might have tasted. Maybe like a strange easter egg?

Members, have you ever had a similar experience with a product? How did the company respond? Tell us in the comments below!

Key Takeaways

I cannt see that happening? The weight would be wrong. Quality control ?

Key Takeaways

I had a similar experience with a box of Cadbury Favourites chocolates. The chocolates looked like they'd been out of date for months. They were speckled with white spots all over them and tasted terrible so I sent the company an email, accompanied by some photos of the product and they sent me an e-certificate to the value of $25 but when I went to use it, I was told it had already been used but I know for sure that I hadn't used it. I thought I was going crazy but now I know the e-certificate's number had been stolen. That also happened to me when I received a freebie from Coles. When I went to collect it I was told it had already been used but I know I hadn't used it. Now I know this sort of theft exists I'll certainly be taking things further if it happens again.

Key Takeaways

I recently had an experience with Mondelez, but this time with biscuits, being a new line of RITZ Cheddar Line crackers. I opened the packet, ate about eight pieces, and thought at the time they were strongly flavoured. I spent that night eating them again and again, with the aftertaste in my mouth being very strong. Despite several teeth cleaning and the passage of time to the next day, I was still left with an aftertaste.
I went online, completed a detailed customer survey, and the response was totally " WE DO NOT CARE' WE WILL NOTIFY OUR MARKETING CENTRE" No offer was made to reimburse the cost of the products. (I had bought other flavour options, but did not open them)
I took them back to WOOLIES where I had purchased them from, and WOOLIES refunded the purchase price without question. WOOLIES obviously value their customers and their reputation, but MONDELEZ do not. I have photos of the product and the reply from them. Needless to say, I will think twice about buying anything of theirs again, CADBURY included.

Key Takeaways

I can't understand why people insist on jumping on to soial media when they have a problem like this. First point of contact is the vendor then the manufacturer. Some time ago I had an issue with a packet of Ginernuts. I contacted the manufacturer and advised them of my issue. I recrived a very nice personal response from one of their people explaining what they had done and peresended me with a dozen assorded biscuit packs.

Simple, if you have an issue tell the poeple who need to know, don't have a winge looking for simpathy.

I can't understand why people insist on jumping on to soial media when they have a problem like this. First point of contact is the vendor then the manufacturer. Some time ago I had an issue with a packet of Ginernuts. I contacted the manufacturer and advised them of my issue. I recrived a very nice personal response from one of their people explaining what they had done and peresended me with a dozen assorded biscuit packs.

Simple, if you have an issue tell the poeple who need to know, don't have a winge looking for simpathy.
I think in your haste to have a gripe about people having a gripe on Social Media perhaps you could turn on Spell Check, for words like soial, Ginernuts, recrived, peresended and assorded dispersed through out your comment on SOCIAL MEDIA.

Key Takeaways

Why do these idiots feel they must constantly brag to the world how clever they hv been? It is as stupid as putting pics of yr kids up then complaining when they get kidnapped.
Stop promoting yourselves. You invite trouble, and no one is that interested in you or yr life.

Sad but true, years ago if you got in contact with the manufacturer with a faulty product you (sometimes you had to send back the original) and they sent you a wonderful gift pack fill with goodies of all they made. Well, those days are gone and all you get now is a token cash voucher. I honestly believe this has happened because thanks to social media & the sharp increase in complaints they could no longer keep up with demand or costs (sending replacement products). It's the way of the future. Now-a-days I don't even bother as it's more bother chasing a refund than getting a replacement.

My first point of contact was with the manufacturer, and they were not interested. Then I went to the point of sale, and they were interested, and refunded the purchase price. Then I relayed the history of events to members. Just who is winging?
PEOPLE need to know when there are unscrupulous companies out there, without looking for SYMPATHY. Mondelez has a history of doing so. You need to get the correct manner to handle matters.