Bunnings shopper blown away by heartwarming gift after online order mix-up – if only every store is like this…

As the saying goes, kindness is free to give and priceless to receive.

This is certainly the case for one Bunnings customer who received a heartfelt note and gift in the mail that left him at a loss for words.

The customer claimed to have recently ordered some chairs, which were marked down massively, online.

However, the next day, his local shop in Leppington, a suburb of Sydney, contacted him to tell him they couldn't accommodate the order since the products were out of stock everywhere in Australia.

He was a bit disappointed, of course, but a few days later, the customer received a letter from Bunnings along with a $50 gift card in the mail, much to his surprise.

7XJKUMQoqXap5Qxx38i6nwJo14rJD0saSO4vWPrmBpuPjErTV5Q0tEvsFDUXFKwGlYP2mnUGbvvltJdpo9Bz6e4QtAuBxd3BQUVKHve4ydu4oAPcV9Ey29CsvhhuYuy_exh1J57wwgvzMAB1XPmUVdc

When Bunnings couldn't deliver the customer's online order, they sent him this note and a gift card. Credit: Facebook.

In a post on the popular Facebook group Markdown Addicts Australia, the shopper went to share the whole heartwarming experience. 'Not a markdown but an appreciation post for Bunnings,' he wrote in his post.

'Ordered chairs on clearance, received a call the following day apologising that they had sold out in each store within four hours, then received this gift card and letter today,' he went on to say.

Many fellow Bunnings shoppers were taken aback by the store's generosity, and several of them vouched for the quality of service they received there.

'Leppington Bunnings have the most amazing service; I drive a little bit extra just to go to their store,' one regular customer said in the comments section.

'Leppington Bunnings is really good! I did a click-and-collect order, and when I went to collect, they had a gift card of $20 attached to my order,' said a second user, adding, 'They had all the items and gave a gift card on top!'

A third person added: 'Good on them; a lot of other stores and businesses should learn something from them.'

'Sometimes it's not the money but the thought that counts and makes more loyal customers.'

What a heartwarming story... Just goes to show how it truly is very uncommon for big businesses these days to give their customers proper compensation and appreciation, eh?

So, members, what do you think? Have you ever been in a similar situation? Please feel free to share your story with the rest of us in the comments!

Sponsored

This is certainly the case for one Bunnings customer who received a heartfelt note and gift in the mail that left him at a loss for words.

The customer claimed to have recently ordered some chairs, which were marked down massively, online.

However, the next day, his local shop in Leppington, a suburb of Sydney, contacted him to tell him they couldn't accommodate the order since the products were out of stock everywhere in Australia.

He was a bit disappointed, of course, but a few days later, the customer received a letter from Bunnings along with a $50 gift card in the mail, much to his surprise.

7XJKUMQoqXap5Qxx38i6nwJo14rJD0saSO4vWPrmBpuPjErTV5Q0tEvsFDUXFKwGlYP2mnUGbvvltJdpo9Bz6e4QtAuBxd3BQUVKHve4ydu4oAPcV9Ey29CsvhhuYuy_exh1J57wwgvzMAB1XPmUVdc

When Bunnings couldn't deliver the customer's online order, they sent him this note and a gift card. Credit: Facebook.

In a post on the popular Facebook group Markdown Addicts Australia, the shopper went to share the whole heartwarming experience. 'Not a markdown but an appreciation post for Bunnings,' he wrote in his post.

'Ordered chairs on clearance, received a call the following day apologising that they had sold out in each store within four hours, then received this gift card and letter today,' he went on to say.

Many fellow Bunnings shoppers were taken aback by the store's generosity, and several of them vouched for the quality of service they received there.

'Leppington Bunnings have the most amazing service; I drive a little bit extra just to go to their store,' one regular customer said in the comments section.

'Leppington Bunnings is really good! I did a click-and-collect order, and when I went to collect, they had a gift card of $20 attached to my order,' said a second user, adding, 'They had all the items and gave a gift card on top!'

A third person added: 'Good on them; a lot of other stores and businesses should learn something from them.'

'Sometimes it's not the money but the thought that counts and makes more loyal customers.'

What a heartwarming story... Just goes to show how it truly is very uncommon for big businesses these days to give their customers proper compensation and appreciation, eh?

So, members, what do you think? Have you ever been in a similar situation? Please feel free to share your story with the rest of us in the comments!
I had an occassion when my normal Bunnings store did not carry an item l wanted but another Bunnings store further down the road did. As this store was unfamiliar to me l approached an Employee about my requirement. He wasn't sure where this was & took me to another employee who also was unsure & so the 3 of us went further to another person who showed us all what I'd come for. The first two employees were grateful because they had more store knowledge. I wrote to the Store Manager explaining my gratefulness for the service received. In turn a reply stating that my letter would be used as a training tool together with several vouchers for a free hot drink arrived days later. An unexpected surprise.

Reactions: Marj53

Reactions: Ezzy