Bunnings’ store makeover inspired by hit Aussie show set to transform your favourite stores!

Beloved Australian cartoon Bluey has captivated kids and parents across the globe with its heartwarming stories about family and playtime adventures.

Now, one of Australia's most popular hardware chains is teaming up with this global sensation for a once-in-a-lifetime makeover event.

Bunnings is about to undergo a massive transformation that will delight fans of Bluey.

The Australian-made show, which follows the adventures of a lovable blue heeler pup and her family, has captured hearts worldwide since its debut in 2018.

Screenshot 2024-02-05 085021.png
Some Bunnings stores will temporarily be called ‘Hammerbarn’, inspired by the iconic show Bluey. Image: Reddit

In a strategic marketing move, Bunnings will temporarily rebrand six of its stores as Hammerbarn, the fictional hardware store featured in the hit television show.

This exciting change will take place at Bunnings outlets in Cannington (WA), Blacktown (NSW), Glenorchy (Tasmania), Carrum Downs (Vic), Munno Para (SA), and Keperra (QLD).

The Keperra store holds a special place in this transformation, as it's the very store that inspired the creation of Hammerbarn in the Bluey universe.

The exterior signage at these selected stores will be changed to match the fictional chain, immersing customers in the world of Bluey and her family.

But the fun doesn't stop at the signage.

Each weekend, these stores will host Bluey-themed do-it-yourself (DIY) workshops for kids, providing a unique opportunity for young fans to engage with their favourite characters in a hands-on, creative environment.

Adding to the excitement, there will be meet-and-greet sessions with Bluey and her younger sister, Bingo.

This is a fantastic opportunity for children to interact with their favourite characters, creating memories that will last a lifetime.

And what's a makeover without some exclusive merchandise? Limited edition Bluey-themed products will hit the Hammerbarn shelves, offering fans a chance to take home a piece of this unique event.

'Bluey is such an iconic brand. Customers love it, kids love it, families love it,' said Bunnings’ Chief Customer Officer Ryan Baker.

One Bluey episode that features Hammerbarn sees the Heeler family visiting the store to buy a pizza oven.

During the visit, Bingo, Bluey's younger sister, becomes jealous of her older sister while creating mini-homes.

Bluey's success extends far beyond Australian shores. The show is watched in over 60 countries and secured an International Emmy Kids Award in 2019, making it the ABC’s most successful show ever.

This Bunnings-Bluey collaboration is a testament to the power of creative marketing and the enduring appeal of well-crafted children's programming.

It's a fun, engaging way to bring the magic of Bluey's world into the real world, creating a unique experience for fans and Bunnings customers alike.

Key Takeaways
  • Several Bunnings stores across Australia are set for a makeover, inspired by the TV show Bluey.
  • Exterior signage at select Bunnings stores will be changed to Hammerbarn, the hardware store from Bluey.
  • The Bluey-themed event will include DIY workshops for children and character meet-and-greets.
  • Limited edition Bluey merchandise will be available at these transformed Bunnings stores.

So, are you ready to step into the world of Hammerbarn? Let us know your thoughts on this exciting makeover in the comments below!

Sponsored
My grandson's just love this great Aussie series. The age group attached to it seems to be growing. It's a series without violence, filthy language and makes playing some games and family times lots of fun. Bluey & Bingo get my vote.
Get used to hearing about Bluey as Bluey World is opening at Portside Wharf possibly in August here in Brisbane. Tourist dollars will help prop up our State before the useless pollies try getting their grubby hands on it. 😀

Ahh bunnings cashing in again people shopping there with kids in tow won’t be able to leave without some bluey merchandise carching $$$$$ more dollars for westfarmers.

Reactions: maherdj and Gsr
What a great idea! Watch Bluey when I have little ones at our place.( sometimes when they aren't) . Big kid at heart and delivers great messages..

Reactions: DLHM
Have never watched Bluey, hubby said he can’t get into it, even our grandkids aren't into it. I’m sure Bunnings and the Bluey franchise will make a hefty profit from their joint venture, and if it adds some magic to the lives of adults and kids who love Bluey it has to be a good thing in todays world.

Reactions: maherdj
Never watched an episode of Bluey. Am I missing anything?

Probably not.
I started watching Bluey with my youngest grandson when it first was shown on tv. In my opinion, it’s up there with the best of animated children’s shows. Great stories, humour and an appreciation for family and friends.

• Wow
Reactions: Veggiepatch