Due to a typographical error, I inadvertently put add “sharks “, instead of
“shanks”. Don’t whatever you do, try to put sharks in the pot. They just won’t fit!
Besides, they might bite your hand off!

Now just to afford the shanks that would be great 4 shanks is probably about $30 where I live and $30 for the 1 meal too much for our family of 4.

Now just to afford the shanks that would be great 4 shanks is probably about $30 where I live and $30 for the 1 meal too much for our family of 4.
I used to buy the prepackaged Rosemary
Lamb Shanks (2 shanks) for about $10 at
Woolies, then they jumped up to $18 a
pack. So I decided to cook my own. I buy the fresh shanks at Woolies when they are
near their use by date, and reduced to
around $6 for a pack of 2, and put them in
the freezer until I am ready to cook them.

Thanks Bruce that's a very good idea I'm not usually a Woolies shopper because I mainly shop at Aldi but it would be worth keeping an eye on Woolies for specials like that as we love lamb shanks. I also have bought those lamb shanks when $10 before jump to $18 but actually there is nothing like your own cooked shanks recipe.

Reactions: BruceAnderson
Very nice Bruce. Reminds me of my bike riding days to a country pub by the river. Going to get some shanks now. Thank you Bruce.

I used to buy the prepackaged Rosemary
Lamb Shanks (2 shanks) for about $10 at
Woolies, then they jumped up to $18 a
pack. So I decided to cook my own. I buy the fresh shanks at Woolies when they are
near their use by date, and reduced to
around $6 for a pack of 2, and put them in
the freezer until I am ready to cook them.
Coles Lamb Shanks 2 Pack | approx. 775g

Coles Lamb Shanks 2 Pack | approx 775g​

$9.69

$12.50 per 1kg
Final price is based on weight

I purchased these after paying $18 for the same from the butcher.

Very nice Bruce. Reminds me of my bike riding days to a country pub by the river. Going to get some shanks now. Thank you Bruce.
Enjoy the shanks 😋
If you are serving mashed potatoes with
your lamb shanks, add 1 tsp of minced
garlic to the potatoes, per serving of two.
It will lift the taste to the next level.🤗

Due to a typographical error, I inadvertently put add “sharks “, instead of
“shanks”. Don’t whatever you do, try to put sharks in the pot. They just won’t fit!
Besides, they might bite your hand off!
Don't take any notice of them it's so easy to type a wrong letter like when l wished Princess Anne 'all the beast' instead of best lol. lt was funny though .l'm sure your recipe will be lovely but not with the sharks.Oh dear your never going to see the end to this.

Reactions: Littleboy8
Don't take any notice of them it's so easy to type a wrong letter like when l wished Princess Anne 'all the beast' instead of best lol. lt was funny though .l'm sure your recipe will be lovely but not with the sharks.Oh dear your never going to see the end to this.
I love typos🤣
And the recipes good too.👍

Reactions: BruceAnderson
4 lamb shanks costs $30-32. This is too expensive for me to cook.
That is a lot to pay for lamb shanks, but there is a way you can get them for less.
I shop at Woolies, and the first thing I do
is to check out the specials in the meat section. Last week they had lamb shanks
which were nearing their use by date, and
had been reduced to $6 for a pack of two,
so I purchased two packs.
But you have to be early, as there are a lot of shoppers with the same thing in mind!