Blueberry & Yoghurt Loaf

This recipe is from Donna Hay, so she gets the credit. It's an easy one to make, and I bake one when I have friends over for morning tea, as everyone likes it.

150 gr unsalted butter, melted
1 cup caster sugar * (I use 1/2 cup)
2 eggs
1/2 cup (140 gr) thick Greek yoghurt
1 tablespoon fine grated lemon zest
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups S/R flour
125 gr blueberries
Icing sugar for dusting

Place butter, sugar, eggs, yoghurt, lemon zest and vanilla in a bowl and whisk to combine. Fold through the flour, then fold through the blueberries.
Spoon into a lined loaf tin. Smooth the top.
Bake in 160 FF oven for 1hr - 1hr 10 minutes. Cool in tin for 10 minutes, then dust with icing sugar. (I use a tea leaf infuser/strainer for dusting the icing sugar)

* I use frozen blueberries when fresh are expensive, and not in season. I defrost them overnight.

1689664237130.jpeg 1689664272776.jpeg 1689664306354.jpeg

Sponsored
This recipe is from Donna Hay, so she gets the credit. It's an easy one to make, and I bake one when I have friends over for morning tea, as everyone likes it.

150 gr unsalted butter, melted
1 cup caster sugar * (I use 1/2 cup)
2 eggs
1/2 cup (140 gr) thick Greek yoghurt
1 tablespoon fine grated lemon zest
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups S/R flour
125 gr blueberries
Icing sugar for dusting

Place butter, sugar, eggs, yoghurt, lemon zest and vanilla in a bowl and whisk to combine. Fold through the flour, then fold through the blueberries.
Spoon into a lined loaf tin. Smooth the top.
Bake in 160 FF oven for 1hr - 1hr 10 minutes. Cool in tin for 10 minutes, then dust with icing sugar. (I use a tea leaf infuser/strainer for dusting the icing sugar)

* I use frozen blueberries when fresh are expensive, and not in season. I defrost them overnight.

View attachment 25416 View attachment 25417 View attachment 25418
I made this cake today. The fruit did not sink to the bottom. Thank you for the recipe.

Reactions: Penny4