Bizarre car modification makes the rounds on social media — “I think it’s perfectly s****y to the point where I dig it”

A photo of a bizarre car modification has sparked a barrage of reactions from social media users after its owner confirmed one peculiar thing about the adjustments.

Can you see what the fuss is all about?

A motorist from NSW has taken to Reddit to share how they added a spoiler to their Toyota Starlet Life hatchback using the handle of a shopping cart from Woolworths.

0p25OKqS3V5Ywk3DKMz1REn7cuy639wgVsa-KE7iGD6L18iuRBI1_CIP3yv5DGO8SwT8F3Z83ZMdM596TGwmXH9-_pqD7L7Q5AHe7N8nkT2MZtamDIUnkjexmDXojGW2w9X_mDQ

A photo of a modified car has sparked an uproar among Reddit users who expressed their confusion and amazement over the quirky design. Credit: Reddit.

No need for a double-take, folks! The Reddit user actually confirmed that the added feature was made from a Woolies trolley handle.

The motorist wrote: “Yes, that’s a shopping trolley handle. I secretly think it’s fantastic.”

The quirky detail has captured the attention of thousands of users, with many admitting that the post has blown them away.

One person wrote: “I want the owner to be ridiculously tall just so they can use it as an actual shopping cart.”

“Definition of a grocery getter!” another exclaimed.

A third chimed in: “And it is, in fact, welded on. Beautiful.”

“Not gonna lie, I love it,” another quipped.

Others described the car as "ugly" but cool and unique, making them want to drive it themselves.

One comment read: “I think it’s perfectly s****y to the point where I dig it.”

“It’s so dumb, but I love it,” another said.

A third added: “S***ty? Yes. Cool? Also yes.”

Elsewhere in the thread, a number of users said that the unusual design was in fact "very functional".

One person speculated: “Probably ties all kinds of stuff to the roof.”

“It’s for drying your towel on the way home from the beach," another suggested.

How about you? Do you think the unique design is brilliant or just a flashy way to attract attention? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below!

Sponsored
Bizarre car modification makes the rounds on social media — “I think it’s perfectly s****y to the point where I dig it”

A photo of a bizarre car modification has sparked a barrage of reactions from social media users after its owner confirmed one peculiar thing about the adjustments.

A motorist from NSW has taken to Reddit to share how they added a spoiler to their Toyota Starlet Life hatchback using the handle of a shopping cart from Woolworths.

0p25OKqS3V5Ywk3DKMz1REn7cuy639wgVsa-KE7iGD6L18iuRBI1_CIP3yv5DGO8SwT8F3Z83ZMdM596TGwmXH9-_pqD7L7Q5AHe7N8nkT2MZtamDIUnkjexmDXojGW2w9X_mDQ

A photo of a modified car has sparked an uproar among Reddit users who expressed their confusion and amazement over the quirky design. Credit: Reddit.

No need for a double-take, folks! The Reddit user actually confirmed that the added feature was made from a Woolies trolley handle.

The motorist wrote: “Yes, that’s a shopping trolley handle. I secretly think it’s fantastic.”

The quirky detail has captured the attention of thousands of users, with many admitting that the post has blown them away.

One person wrote: “I want the owner to be ridiculously tall just so they can use it as an actual shopping cart.”

Others described the car as "ugly" but cool and unique, making them want to drive it themselves.

Elsewhere in the thread, a number of users said that the unusual design was in fact "very functional".

How about you? Do you think the unique design is brilliant or just a flashy way to attract attention? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below!
Definitely not the full packet of Sayos.

Not only is it NOT a "spoiler", but the perpetrator has openly advertised they have stolen a $200 trolley, destroyed it - and created a useless addition that effectively reduces the aerodynamics (and therefore fuel economy) of their vehicle!
Not impressed!

Not only is it NOT a "spoiler", but the perpetrator has openly advertised they have stolen a $200 trolley, destroyed it - and created a useless addition that effectively reduces the aerodynamics (and therefore fuel economy) of their vehicle!
Not impressed!
I hope they don’t complain about price rises as Woolies have to cover the cost of stolen trolleys somehow.

Did he buy the trolley or help himself to it? Another example of taking things that are not meant to be taken. Just another wanting his 15 minutes, I believe.
I agree … novel though it may be, I can see Woolies coming after him!! Having worked in FMCG for many years, I know how very expensive those trolleys are…. WW will want to discourage other m……n s from committing similar antics!

I would hope the four wheels work better than the original trolly😂

It's illegal

I wondered if the owner has a letter from Woolworths confirming that the handle was obtained in a legal manner.

Reactions: Julia TH and Ricci
I bet person is a Cold Chisel fan ! When I saw that pic my head sang "I bet he comes to get you in some shopping trolley kinda thing ......." 🤣🤣🤣

• Love
Reactions: KatKop

Is woolies aware you have taken and broken down their trolly?

Its the old arithmetic theories at work.......... additions and subtractions.....
An addition to the car, though not to its value or usefulness
A subtraction from his wallet when he has to answer to charges of theft and wilful destruction of property.....

Last edited:
Reactions: Julia TH and Ricci

How about you? Do you think the unique design is brilliant or just a flashy way to attract attention? Share your thoughts with us in the comments
I wonder if it makes the car hard to control as the trollies usually are

• Haha
Reactions: Ricci
I think it looks ridiculous what is it for, l must be thick l can't see what it has been put on there for, 🤗🤔

Reactions: Ricci