cchofstee49

Feb 25, 2022
BEWARE of SCAMMERS

Received a E-Mail early this week and it smells like a SCAM ,I have reported them to Scam Watch .
I hereby send you a copy of E-Mail sent to me .

DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES <[email protected]>​

Mon, Feb 26, 10:17 AM (2 days ago)
to me

Hello, this is from the Department of Health and Human Services Australia. This is a program from the Australian government to help and support all people who need assistance with paying bills, education support, health care, and family support. You have been eligible for the Health and Human Service debit card worth 38,000 AUD. The Australian Health and Human services debit card are free, no fee is required, and the debit card will be mailed to you in 3 to 5 working days. Kindly reply "Yes" to proceed with your debit card.

DHHS(2024)

People should NOW be aware that no government departments, banks etc email you about changing your details, banking details etc ..
And if things sound to good to be true such as this email...DELETE DELETE DELETE DO NO OPEN DELETE....

Wow, do they ever stop.
Still I think you would have to
be pretty stupid to fall for that.
The people who dreamt that scheme up must be a bit short upstairs as well
Who is going to believe that the government is going to provide them with a debit card for $38,000???
The one thing reinforced on a twice-daily basis in the SDC newsletter is that there is NO SHORTAGE of terminally-stupid people.

Like all commentators on this site - enough is enough, however, we have tried to send info to the scam address but it is so difficult - we are in our 80s - we are being constantly scammed with phone messages and the occasional email, we have now given up as we now believe that whoever is watching scams from Government have either given up or work from home and forget what they are doing, you know - Days of our lives !! We personally do not believe that the Government are trying hard enough to stop this racket, so, it looks like we will have to be careful for the rest of our lives.

Asd the saying goes if it is too good to sound true then it is not true. No-one could be giving away that kind of money ever.

I was about to give my friends a warning about this but though I would do a google search on it first. Nothing there...

Wow, do they ever stop.
Who is going to believe that the government is going to provide them with a debit card for $38,000???
A friend on Messenger tried to get me to apply.
Not likely.

Wow, do they ever stop.
There are many people with disabilities that are vulnerable to these scams. Not to mention some elderly can be confused by this. That is why its important to pass on this info to help others. I know 3 of my friends who are not 'stupid' who have been scammed in the past.

so easy to see its a scam
There are many people with disabilities that are vulnerable to these scams. Not to mention some elderly can be confused by this. That is why its important to pass on this info to help others. I know 3 of my friends who are not 'stupid' who have been scammed in the past.

• Sad
Reactions: Sockjoan