Banking crisis averted: Bendigo Bank shares update after outage

In an age where digital banking has become the norm, the reliability of online services is more crucial than ever.

However, when technology fails, it can leave many in a precarious position, as with the recent Bendigo Bank outage.

Customers of Bendigo Bank experienced a significant hiccup when they found themselves locked out of the bank’s online services and app.

The outage, which occurred on Thursday, 11 July, left many customers stranded and unable to access their funds.

shutterstock_1244200603.jpg
Bendigo Bank shared an update on the recent outage of its services. Credit: Shutterstock

‘I need to go shopping, I need to transfer money, this is so unprofessional,’ one said.

‘Stuck at the shop waiting to access my account with a trolley load of groceries I can’t pay for,’ a frustrated customer said.

‘On lunch break and can’t even buy anything, have to work the rest of the day without food. Cheers,’ a third added.

By 1:45 PM the same day, Bendigo Bank confirmed the issue had been resolved, and its e-banking and app services had been restored to full service.

The bank acknowledged the issue, informing customers that the outage was affecting its e-banking and app services.

‘Our e-banking and app have been restored to full service,’ it said.

‘If you continue to have issues logging in, please reset your password using the “I forgot my password” link.’

‘If your issues still remain, please contact our customer service team on 1300 236344 or visit your local branch.’

‘We thank you for your patience and understanding during this unplanned outage.’
Key Takeaways
  • Bendigo Bank experienced an outage affecting its e-banking and app, which locked customers out of online services.
  • The bank acknowledged the issue on a Thursday afternoon and later confirmed the restoration of services by 1:45 PM.
  • Customers were advised to reset passwords if issues persisted and to contact customer service or visit a local branch for further assistance.
  • The outage led to customer complaints regarding the inconvenience caused, with some unable to make payments for groceries and other necessities.
Have you been affected by a similar situation? How did you manage, and what steps have you taken to safeguard against future disruptions? Let us know in the comments below!

Sponsored
This is a disgrace as now I have to ring up to get e banking set up again or go into my branch . Well that's not costing you . I'm the one to foot the run around expences or my data on the phone to you . Then I have not had a call back from you since I rang this morning trying to reset my e.banking . . At Least try have somthing unplace as a backup for your clientele. How wrong . Now I can't check statements or easerly transfere funds . What an inconvenience

“Need to go shopping and can’t transfer money”
”Stuck at the shop waiting to access my account”
” At lunch and cannot buy anything”

Exactly what will happen when the country and world goes cashless!

SIMPLE ANSWER - carry some bloody cash with you at all times!

Its not good enough it's happened with other banks as well. People are left high and dry. So far l have been lucky l have not encountered this. I think l missed my bank shutting down due to technical issues by one hour one Saturday. I would have been caught out with a trolley load of shopping. Not knowing what is going on would cause a dreadful lot of anxiety to people knowing you have the funds in your account.
The banks apologize but it just isn't good enough.
Kind regards to all Vicki

“Need to go shopping and can’t transfer money”
”Stuck at the shop waiting to access my account”
” At lunch and cannot buy anything”

Exactly what will happen when the country and world goes cashless!

SIMPLE ANSWER - carry some bloody cash with you at all times!
Your life continues without access to your account. What happens when there's a power outage, nothing is bought, most retailers shut, can't do a thing.

It's never for days, only hours, funny thing is we don't starve to death in hours. You'll manage just fine, IF you don't let those paranoid delusions take control, lol.

And by the way, we are not going cashless, no sign of that, but again the nutters keep sprouting the same BS and you lap it up. More paranoia.

Reactions: Bellclare
Your life continues without access to your account. What happens when there's a power outage, nothing is bought, most retailers shut, can't do a thing.

It's never for days, only hours, funny thing is we don't starve to death in hours. You'll manage just fine, IF you don't let those paranoid delusions take control, lol.

And by the way, we are not going cashless, no sign of that, but again the nutters keep sprouting the same BS and you lap it up. More paranoia.
It is already happening.
Local council Office Bunjil place does not accept cash, many restaurants do not accept cash and many retail shops no longer accept cash..

It is already happening.
Local council Office Bunjil place does not accept cash, many restaurants do not accept cash and many retail shops no longer accept cash..
You don't say, lol. That's been going on for years, derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
And that's the retailers themselves, they have made that decision because people are happy with cashless. But guess what Einstein, the retailers do not make the decision about whether cash has a future, the Reserve Bank and government do that.

It's not happening anytime soon, probably will never happen as too many people do not have cards, have phones and only ever use cash.

AGAIN, paranoid thinking, steps will be put into place to ensure access to funds always. When EFTPOS started decades ago retailers could put through transactions up to a certain amount when the system was down, I believe that is still available but the retailers must accept the conditions to do that, and most appear not to want to do that.

You cashless people are not only caught by the 'short and curly's', you pay for it too, in fees! :rolleyes:

All the more reason to....... keep cash ALIVE!!! 🥰
Fees only happen at a few places like cafes, small retailers, accommodation, etc. The vast majority of transactions at supermarkets, service stations do not add the fee on. The occasional times I get a coffee it's been 8 cents.......wow, that's going to break the bank.
Also many places do not charge for transactions from a savings account, only credit cards, slide the card in, select savings account and use a PIN. Most of the fees are not Bank fees, they are credit card company fees.

Reactions: gollywog
You don't say, lol. That's been going on for years, derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
And that's the retailers themselves, they have made that decision because people are happy with cashless. But guess what Einstein, the retailers do not make the decision about whether cash has a future, the Reserve Bank and government do that.

It's not happening anytime soon, probably will never happen as too many people do not have cards, have phones and only ever use cash.

AGAIN, paranoid thinking, steps will be put into place to ensure access to funds always. When EFTPOS started decades ago retailers could put through transactions up to a certain amount when the system was down, I believe that is still available but the retailers must accept the conditions to do that, and most appear not to want to do that.
Believe what you wish.
But when you can’t access cash, (it doesn’t exist) then the system gets hacked and you cannot access your funds then maybe you will think about your comments above.
Best wishes for the future.

Reactions: Dynamo
Believe what you wish.
But when you can’t access cash, (it doesn’t exist) then the system gets hacked and you cannot access your funds then maybe you will think about your comments above.
Wrong, I will be fine, you don't die from not eating for a few hours. Total exaggeration from you and many others.

Believe what you wish.
What happened years ago when banks had many holdups? They would close for the day, did people starve, did it end their lives?........NO.

You are so far down the rabbit hole you can't see light. Following stupid websites, You Tube videos, reading trash on Facebook, most of which has started since Covid. Yeah, the manufactured virus, hahaha. So they started a virus and spent billions trying to overcome it straight away, yeah that makes sense.

Again, paranoid delusions, here, you like reading things, try these:

Fees only happen at a few places like cafes, small retailers, accommodation, etc. The vast majority of transactions at supermarkets, service stations do not add the fee on. The occasional times I get a coffee it's been 8 cents.......wow, that's going to break the bank.
Also many places do not charge for transactions from a savings account, only credit cards, slide the card in, select savings account and use a PIN. Most of the fees are not Bank fees, they are credit card company fees.
Greg350, it doesn't matter who gets the fees, they are still coming out of, our, pockets and can add up over the year/s!
But appreciate your comment!