Banish black mould like magic! Cleaning expert gives away her recipe for two DIY cleaning sprays that can remove ‘monster’ mould

With the barrage of heavy rainfall in the past few months, countless Australian households have been left to deal with uninvited guests, oozing their way into wooden furniture and unexpected corners.

If you’ve been on the lookout for a tried-and-tested way to get to the bottom of a mould infestation like we have, you’ll be thrilled to know that one cleaning expert has given away her recipe for two cleaning sprays that’ll eliminate the pesky fungi in your home – and all it requires is a handful of ingredients.

Demonstrating the hack in a TikTok video, Anita Birges shared how she treats mould in her home using non-toxic products.

She came up with two different solutions: the first ‘disinfects’ the mould while the second guarantees it won’t be making a reappearance.

go7JbJPKHDvVxnIh_c0rAvEGzqTYoHa6n4jsXia4-9IX2IbBqF8jV2Dj0QilZrpc4ffsTIs_Y96SP_eSGEiuFtc9K9boDmKB643tCfXhgLByqux5yplvTb4hx71mZ927deDEvl80RHKL3BNZPQ
D8R_QMhVje_NXXuWo-mkOzKISyFmhUk-weNDkonITOQIl0qfJ3wHXxIgc7a8LiFnxLbBjdEU0Mg5_rm_-RuUtKdCMyJaQwbKGU1w1URIfOgLGxJ7jX09emk6viEPLrE7hWZ_Iu3le-ZN6FTkyw

Farewell, mould. Image Credit: @miseenplace_au

The two versatile cleaning solutions can be used to eliminate mould on all types of surfaces including walls, windows, leather lounge, clothes, shoes, books, kids' toys, and the list goes on!

The professional organiser knew that her home was going to be the “perfect breeding ground” for mould after spending a weekend away.

“I’m on a mission against mould. I knew that having the house closed up with no airflow was going to be the ideal situation for the mould to take hold,” she explained. “I was right. It’s everywhere.”

Upon returning home, she discovered black mould on her front door, around a window sill, and even her roller blinds.

“The mould monster attacked my roller blinds,” she said. “I walked in and I could see it from the reflection. It’s like the damp was sitting on the window sill and rose up the blind. I had to clean it straight away.”

Here’s what you’ll need for the first cleaning solution:
1. An empty spray bottle
2. Isopropyl alcohol
3. Warm water
4. Microfibre cloth

DIY mould prevention spray ingredients:
1. Another empty spray bottle
2. 10 drops of clove oil
3. 10 drops of tea tree oil
4. 100 millilitres of white vinegar

4E1DOfj1GxQ6cugmwVjbqjH8hGE8EmdYOwn1noF6fx29Ry-kHskBTIWRexyuFutNYXBMSxl1RBtlIkoW1JyJERhYt4B9APjkVzBFFAJK6ef-eXaLC9_D95rSASoFDisGJ-zPt0zr7GZEoWRcBQ

Two DIY cleaning solutions to banish mould. Image Credit: The Spruce

She starts by grabbing an empty spray bottle and filling it halfway with isopropyl alcohol before adding some warm water.

“First, clean the mould with the solution. Leave it to soak for 10 minutes before wiping the area clean with a microfibre cloth,” she said.

For the ‘mould prevention’ solution, she mixes 10 drops of clove oil, 10 drops of tea tree oil, and 100 millilitres of white vinegar in another spray bottle.

“Spraying this along the blinds is going to help stop the mould from coming back,” Anita said.

“Spray on and let the solution work its magic. Don’t wipe away!

“I’m coming for you, mould. One mission at a time.”

With these killer combinations, you’ll definitely be bidding adieu to all the fungi! What are your thoughts on Anita’s cleaning solutions? Share them with us in the comments.

Watch the cleaning guru’s full TikTok video below:

Video Credit: @miseenplace_au

Sponsored
I am constantly on the look out for mould with all this rain we are having. Good to know this formula. Thank you.,

Reactions: Zoya and Ricci
Banish black mould like magic! Cleaning expert gives away her recipe for two DIY cleaning sprays that can remove ‘monster’ mould

With the barrage of heavy rainfall in the past few months, countless Australian households have been left to deal with uninvited guests, oozing their way into wooden furniture and unexpected corners.

If you’ve been on the lookout for a tried-and-tested way to get to the bottom of a mould infestation like we have, you’ll be thrilled to know that one cleaning expert has given away her recipe for two cleaning sprays that’ll eliminate the pesky fungi in your home – and all it requires is a handful of ingredients.

Demonstrating the hack in a TikTok video, Anita Birges shared how she treats mould in her home using non-toxic products.

She came up with two different solutions: the first ‘disinfects’ the mould while the second guarantees it won’t be making a reappearance.

go7JbJPKHDvVxnIh_c0rAvEGzqTYoHa6n4jsXia4-9IX2IbBqF8jV2Dj0QilZrpc4ffsTIs_Y96SP_eSGEiuFtc9K9boDmKB643tCfXhgLByqux5yplvTb4hx71mZ927deDEvl80RHKL3BNZPQ
D8R_QMhVje_NXXuWo-mkOzKISyFmhUk-weNDkonITOQIl0qfJ3wHXxIgc7a8LiFnxLbBjdEU0Mg5_rm_-RuUtKdCMyJaQwbKGU1w1URIfOgLGxJ7jX09emk6viEPLrE7hWZ_Iu3le-ZN6FTkyw

The two versatile cleaning solutions can be used to eliminate mould on all types of surfaces including walls, windows, leather lounge, clothes, shoes, books, kids' toys, and the list goes on!

The professional organiser knew that her home was going to be the “perfect breeding ground” for mould after spending a weekend away.

“I’m on a mission against mould. I knew that having the house closed up with no airflow was going to be the ideal situation for the mould to take hold,” she explained. “I was right. It’s everywhere.”

Upon returning home, she discovered black mould on her front door, around a window sill, and even her roller blinds.

“The mould monster attacked my roller blinds,” she said. “I walked in and I could see it from the reflection. It’s like the damp was sitting on the window sill and rose up the blind. I had to clean it straight away.”

1. An empty spray bottle
2. Isopropyl alcohol
3. Warm water
4. Microfibre cloth

2. 10 drops of clove oil

4E1DOfj1GxQ6cugmwVjbqjH8hGE8EmdYOwn1noF6fx29Ry-kHskBTIWRexyuFutNYXBMSxl1RBtlIkoW1JyJERhYt4B9APjkVzBFFAJK6ef-eXaLC9_D95rSASoFDisGJ-zPt0zr7GZEoWRcBQ

She starts by grabbing an empty spray bottle and filling it halfway with isopropyl alcohol before adding some warm water.

“First, clean the mould with the solution. Leave it to soak for 10 minutes before wiping the area clean with a microfibre cloth,” she said.

For the ‘mould prevention’ solution, she mixes 10 drops of clove oil, 10 drops of tea tree oil, and 100 millilitres of white vinegar in another spray bottle.

“Spraying this along the blinds is going to help stop the mould from coming back,” Anita said.

With these killer combinations, you’ll definitely be bidding adieu to all the fungi! What are your thoughts on Anita’s cleaning solutions? Share them with us in the comments.

Where do you get your isopropyl alcohol from in such quantities?

Reactions: Ricci

1. An empty spray bottle
2. Isopropyl alcohol
3. Warm water
4. Microfibre cloth

2. 10 drops of clove oil

Don't agree about the microfibre cloth. A Terry toweling cloth would be better as microfibre/polyester is made from plastic which is made from oil. It is one of the products we are damaging our world with.