SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Vella Gonzaga

Vella Gonzaga

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 23, 2021
Avon Lady

Remember when the Avon Lady would come to your door with her bag full of beauty goodies? She was like a friendly neighbour who brought all sorts of nice-smelling perfumes and makeup. Aussies would flip through her little catalogue and pick out things uniting a community of women devoted to self-care. Avon closed its operations in 2018, but the Avon Lady's enduring allure and transformative beauty essentials remain unforgettable. Do you have fond memories of talking to Avon ladies? Share it with us here.

nos.jpeg
Credits: Facebook/Australia Remember When​

Reactions: Parie and Ricki
My Mum was an Avon lady when I was around 8 yrs old in 1969. I remember getting my hands on the mini bottles of perfume and tried a new one everyday for school! I loved the bubble bath and shampoo in the shape of Snoopy and Charlie Brown. In later years in my 20s - 30s I loved the Avon jewellery.

Reactions: Ricki
My friend, Bobbie, was my Avon lady for over 30 years. I was really peeved when Avon stopped serving Australia and New Zealand. Their foundation, eye makeup and lipsticks were such good quality and at great prices. I wish Avon would reconsider.

Reactions: Veronica McDonald
I was an Avon representative for 14 years and loved what I did. It was quite devastating when it closed its doors for the last time. On the odd occasion I still have people ask me do I still get avon products and of course the answer is no. It’s still around in America and south east Asia but the products are not the same as what we had in Australia.

My friend, Bobbie, was my Avon lady for over 30 years. I was really peeved when Avon stopped serving Australia and New Zealand. Their foundation, eye makeup and lipsticks were such good quality and at great prices. I wish Avon would reconsider.
They will never reconsider unfortunately, our market is too small. I also wish they would come back and yes they had some great products not only in makeup but in gifts as well. I have dreams about them coming back. There was a lot behind the scenes that the general public didn’t know.

They will never reconsider unfortunately, our market is too small. I also wish they would come back and yes they had some great products not only in makeup but in gifts as well. I have dreams about them coming back. There was a lot behind the scenes that the general public didn’t know.
Really? That sounds intriguing.

Hi ladies, yes such a shame, and I agree that Avon sold great products and a reasonable price too.

Really? That sounds intriguing.
As an ex sales rep we were told by Avon Australia that we were not aloud to buy from America. We were given some information on how Avon started and where. I still have a few of the last brochures for memory keepsake plus a couple of Avon bags and my Avon badge. As an Avon rep we use to have meetings with new products on display to sell to our customers.

I loved Avon products, I worked as an Avon lady for a few years when my kids were young. I still have some perfume bottles in doll shapes and a couple of after shave bottles in car shapes, as well as a few pieces of the jewellery.

who can forget the catch phrase ' Ding Dong Avon Calling

I remember as a small girl the Avon Lady coming around all the time. I loved the pink bubble bath.

After many many years a lady at my work was selling Avon and my love was renewed ❤️ and then over night it was nolonger available in Australia.

images.jpeg-36.jpg

who can forget the catch phrase ' Ding Dong Avon Calling

I remember as a small girl the Avon Lady coming around all the time. I loved the pink bubble bath.

After many many years a lady at my work was selling Avon and my love was renewed ❤️ and then over night it was nolonger available in Australia.

View attachment 27186
My mum was an Avon lady so I was lucky to obtain many samples. I loved the melon ball soaps, such a beautiful smell. And the pink bubble bath and Skin So Soft was lovely too. Even the mens aftershaves were nice. Mum did Tupperware also - they were great and she always dragged me along to "make up the numbers". But back then this is where all the beautuful home made food was as each party host had to put on a spread for the guests, I'm glad I went as you got to see all the new products. Mum had a cupboard absolutely full to overflowing with Tupperware. I still have a few old pieces I use, amazing kitchen product.

My mum was an Avon lady so I was lucky to obtain many samples. I loved the melon ball soaps, such a beautiful smell. And the pink bubble bath and Skin So Soft was lovely too. Even the mens aftershaves were nice. Mum did Tupperware also - they were great and she always dragged me along to "make up the numbers". But back then this is where all the beautuful home made food was as each party host had to put on a spread for the guests, I'm glad I went as you got to see all the new products. Mum had a cupboard absolutely full to overflowing with Tupperware. I still have a few old pieces I use, amazing kitchen product.
I loved the pink bubble bath.
I sold tupperware for around 10 years . I also lived hosting different party plans