Aussie woman's budget fashion hack – and it’s not what you think it is!

Usually, the only reason to head to Kmart’s Back to School section is to grab some new bits of uniform for our kids (or grandkids) right?

As one shopper has proven however, the back to school section is the home to a collection of hidden fashion, at bargain-basement prices!

GiMh4cKw42RrAy5R1w6QeKWFlBeNnzoI7w4LgvHUNxLC5Gw3dvMEinMyD27sH-wq4EDINNYWd2AdpMnpi367TPc7guH6taN5gKX2Aay4nQJbZHHDCmcJqG0KE-ICYMREfkE19JqP

Amy bought the school pants in Kmart. Credit: TikTok/@maryteeeeee.

Sharing her amazing find on TikTok, Mary revealed that she scored the pair of pants for only $12 on Kmart’s teenage boys Back to School section.

“I am going to make a whole ass video about my pants because they’re so good,” she said while modelling the pants.

“I am like a 6 to 8 and I bought (it in) the size boys 14. I saw a size 16 which I think would fit about an 8 to 10,” she added.

Mary also liked how the pants have an adjustable waist strap. “I am sure all men’s pants have this,” she said. “I like them because you can literally make sure they fit you properly.”

One commenter added that the waist straps allow the pants to adjust so that they can be used for longer, since most wearers are growing children.

Mary started shopping in Kmart’s boys section when she once spotted a similar pair of pants dumped carelessly on a random shelf in the store. She quickly fell for the pair, before finding out that they're part of Kmart’s schoolwear line.

“Run, don’t walk to Kmart,” she wrote in the caption.

Several users commented on the post and applauded Mary for the amazing find, with one saying, “Shop smarter, not harder!”

Another Kmart shopper shared her own hack, “The boys t-shirts are the BESTTTTTTT,” she said. “So cheap and they have great fabric; all my white t-shirts are from there now!”

Who would have guessed that the latest fashion trends lie within the back to school sections of our favourite clothing stores? Sounds like the perfect time to grab a bargain and look good doing it!

Sponsored
the mens pant fit better because they dont make them so high not every body has a high waste there are some people have a short rise and smaller waste

No way, José! Not for my shape! Which is a great pity as I find the quality of men's clothing generally tends to be much better than women's. I often fancy men's cotton shirts (T- and long-sleeves), but they just don't fit. Sigh ...

bought myself 5 pairs mens shorts at BigW - $15.00 each - small size. after trying on ladies shorts, which were too big in the waist, attendant pointed me to the mens section. got a bargain as mens shorts were half the price of ladies. also extra pockets for mobile etc.

Reactions: KatKop
Aussie woman's budget fashion hack – and it’s not what you think it is!

Usually, the only reason to head to Kmart’s Back to School section is to grab some new bits of uniform for our kids (or grandkids) right?

As one shopper has proven however, the back to school section is the home to a collection of hidden fashion, at bargain-basement prices!

GiMh4cKw42RrAy5R1w6QeKWFlBeNnzoI7w4LgvHUNxLC5Gw3dvMEinMyD27sH-wq4EDINNYWd2AdpMnpi367TPc7guH6taN5gKX2Aay4nQJbZHHDCmcJqG0KE-ICYMREfkE19JqP

Amy bought the school pants in Kmart. Credit: TikTok/@maryteeeeee.

Sharing her amazing find on TikTok, Mary revealed that she scored the pair of pants for only $12 on Kmart’s teenage boys Back to School section.

“I am going to make a whole ass video about my pants because they’re so good,” she said while modelling the pants.

“I am like a 6 to 8 and I bought (it in) the size boys 14. I saw a size 16 which I think would fit about an 8 to 10,” she added.

Mary also liked how the pants have an adjustable waist strap. “I am sure all men’s pants have this,” she said. “I like them because you can literally make sure they fit you properly.”

One commenter added that the waist straps allow the pants to adjust so that they can be used for longer, since most wearers are growing children.

Mary started shopping in Kmart’s boys section when she once spotted a similar pair of pants dumped carelessly on a random shelf in the store. She quickly fell for the pair, before finding out that they're part of Kmart’s schoolwear line.

“Run, don’t walk to Kmart,” she wrote in the caption.

Several users commented on the post and applauded Mary for the amazing find, with one saying, “Shop smarter, not harder!”

Another Kmart shopper shared her own hack, “The boys t-shirts are the BESTTTTTTT,” she said. “So cheap and they have great fabric; all my white t-shirts are from there now!”

Who would have guessed that the latest fashion trends lie within the back to school sections of our favourite clothing stores? Sounds like the perfect time to grab a bargain and look good doing it!

Recently bought a pair of Kmart "Mens" shorts, bcz the length was good, the fabric so much better, has a POCKET, and was only $10!

In shoes I take a size 39. I bought a pair of size 6 girls white sneakers for $10 in Kmart girls section.

the mens pant fit better because they dont make them so high not every body has a high waste there are some people have a short rise and smaller waste
Cannot wear anything high waisted bcz I am SHORT WAISTED.
Stop making fashion only for tall skinny women. There are more women of 160cm on the planet than the taller obes who are constantly, sickeningly, pandered to by elitist "fashion"!

Cannot wear anything high waisted bcz I am SHORT WAISTED.
Stop making fashion only for tall skinny women. There are more women of 160cm on the planet than the taller obes who are constantly, sickeningly, pandered to by elitist "fashion"!
I hear you I do not have a problem with height only that the majority of clothing is designed for women who are pear shaped, I am short waisted as well as being an apple shape, which while I understand is not classified as the average female shape it is hell trying to get a pair of jeans to fit both my waist and my thighs, I swear I can get both of my legs into one side of the jeans and still have handfulls of material left baggy on those thighs. Drives me crazy, I have worn mens jeans for years because of this but the fit is still not the greatest.

I'm short wasted and I are an average size but I buy men's track pants as they are shorter in the rise so I don't have that big roll over at the top or they come up under my boobs

Reactions: KatKop and Gaena
I hear you I do not have a problem with height only that the majority of clothing is designed for women who are pear shaped, I am short waisted as well as being an apple shape, which while I understand is not classified as the average female shape it is hell trying to get a pair of jeans to fit both my waist and my thighs, I swear I can get both of my legs into one side of the jeans and still have handfulls of material left baggy on those thighs. Drives me crazy, I have worn mens jeans for years because of this but the fit is still not the greatest.
I'm a typical pear and the clothes don't fit me either - snug around the hips and miles too big around the waist. And elasticised waists all sag or start falling off ... sigh.