Aussie mum makes her old frying pan look BRAND NEW using only one household item!

There's a solid reason why stainless-steel pans are so common in kitchens everywhere.

Unlike cast-iron skillets, which require re-seasoning on a regular basis, this long-lasting cookware requires no special equipment or complicated care. Plus, you don't have to be concerned about ruining the surface of a stainless-steel pan because its material is non-reactive.

However, when it comes to discolouration and burnt-on grime, stainless steel is not completely resistant. It's crucial to know how to properly clean stainless-steel cookware to avoid stains, water spots, and other stubborn marks.

Here, one mum shows us a 'surprising' method of how she cleans the grime off of her old frypan, making them look all brand new.

bVHZf_-RfmZepSV_rR2Ya8waLDXmxqu36yc50tlHSQpBuqR_GOkNIpCQ51d9tl4V2eO9jqXxVmLSoE8RDcpz1Rq8gUgL-2TX3V7DcXIwLwovmmLrgna33bLkSdH065z8hF6y6haCwfcwZQC7Lw

A mother shocked a lot of people when she said she cleaned her old frypan with a spoon. Credit: Facebook.

On a popular Facebook group, the mum revealed that she begins the method by soaking her pan in hot water with a dash of detergent, followed by scraping away all of the muck with a spoon before washing it.

"Not a razor, not steel wool, NOTHING helped but this little spoon did wonders for my new pan," she said, adding: "There are no marks on the pan and the spoon is still smooth around the edges. It's hard to believe it works, but it does."

The mum recommends doing this cleaning method instead of going out and buying a new pan. However, she warned against the noise of scratching the metal against another metal. "It drove my husband out of the room!" she quipped.

However, many commenters were discouraged when she revealed that the entire process took more than forty-five minutes to complete.

"So much time and effort, looks good as new but definitely not worth it," wrote one woman. Another mum added that this method does not work with non-stick pans as it may ruin the coating.

At the same time, there were also those who were impressed with the mother's efforts and shared their own tips and tricks with her.

"That pan is sparkling, well done!" said one mum.

"I put dishwasher tablets in it and soak them for a while, looks just like yours when it's done," added a second. "I use oven cleaner. Works beautifully and is surprisingly easy but remember to wear gloves," said a third.

Do you have other pan cleaning tips, members? Share them with us in the comments below!

For more tips on how to clean stainless steel pans (and how to season them), check out this video below:

Credit: AwareHouseChef.

Sponsored
I can't believe that people let their utensils get that grotty! How hard is it to clean it properly every time it is used!! Grubs!!
Into the hot soapy/detergent water on dishing up cleans up like lightening. I was given a set of very expensive ss saucepans etc 42 years ago and the salesman said "they will last and you will never need to buy another utensil" well looks like he was right they are still as good as new!

Reactions: Vicki.E. and Thedot
Aussie mum makes her old frying pan look BRAND NEW using only one household item!

There's a solid reason why stainless-steel pans are so common in kitchens everywhere.

Unlike cast-iron skillets, which require re-seasoning on a regular basis, this long-lasting cookware requires no special equipment or complicated care. Plus, you don't have to be concerned about ruining the surface of a stainless-steel pan because its material is non-reactive.

However, when it comes to discolouration and burnt-on grime, stainless steel is not completely resistant. It's crucial to know how to properly clean stainless-steel cookware to avoid stains, water spots, and other stubborn marks.

Here, one mum shows us a 'surprising' method of how she cleans the grime off of her old frypan, making them look all brand new.

bVHZf_-RfmZepSV_rR2Ya8waLDXmxqu36yc50tlHSQpBuqR_GOkNIpCQ51d9tl4V2eO9jqXxVmLSoE8RDcpz1Rq8gUgL-2TX3V7DcXIwLwovmmLrgna33bLkSdH065z8hF6y6haCwfcwZQC7Lw

A mother shocked a lot of people when she said she cleaned her old frypan with a spoon. Credit: Facebook.

On a popular Facebook group, the mum revealed that she begins the method by soaking her pan in hot water with a dash of detergent, followed by scraping away all of the muck with a spoon before washing it.

"Not a razor, not steel wool, NOTHING helped but this little spoon did wonders for my new pan," she said, adding: "There are no marks on the pan and the spoon is still smooth around the edges. It's hard to believe it works, but it does."

The mum recommends doing this cleaning method instead of going out and buying a new pan. However, she warned against the noise of scratching the metal against another metal. "It drove my husband out of the room!" she quipped.

However, many commenters were discouraged when she revealed that the entire process took more than forty-five minutes to complete.

"So much time and effort, looks good as new but definitely not worth it," wrote one woman. Another mum added that this method does not work with non-stick pans as it may ruin the coating.

At the same time, there were also those who were impressed with the mother's efforts and shared their own tips and tricks with her.

"I put dishwasher tablets in it and soak them for a while, looks just like yours when it's done," added a second. "I use oven cleaner. Works beautifully and is surprisingly easy but remember to wear gloves," said a third.

Do you have other pan cleaning tips, members? Share them with us in the comments below!

For more tips on how to clean stainless steel pans (and how to season them), check out this video below:

Into the hot soapy/detergent water on dishing up cleans up like lightening. I was given a set of very expensive ss saucepans etc 42 years ago and the salesman said "they will last and you will never need to buy another utensil" well looks like he was right they are still as good as new!

Had a restaurant for years, best way, no fuss, even if food ends up burnt in stainless steel, soak for couple days in water and caustic soda, no scubbing just removes everything back to new, be careful and use gloves

I use RACO stainless steel & copper cleaner that I first bought over 30 years ago as ESTEELE cleaner. Works perfectly on all stainless steel & copper, returning them to as new gleam. Can also be used on sinks. Gloves are not necessary. Stocked by Harris Scarfe. Pardon the product & supplier plugs, but members need to know.

Reactions: Elbe