Aussie fitness guru shares her HONEST thoughts on American KFC meals

Let’s face it – fast food meals aren’t exactly the best and healthiest food options out there, but they are a guilty pleasure for some of us and we all give in to a finger-lickin’ good piece of greasy fried chicken from time to time (talk about foreshadowing).

Even though we technically share many of the same exact fast-food chains (such as McDonald’s, Starbucks, and KFC) with everyone else across the world, fast-food menus can vary in taste, size, and availability of special items from one location to another.

Recently pitting Mcdonald’s meals in the UK to the Australian menu, one of our favourite health coaches here at the SDC, Bec Hardgrave, took things up a notch and provided us with a brutal review of American KFC meals – and we’re all for it.

Bec shared her feedback on TikTok, admitting that she preferred the chips, burgers, and chicken served in Australian KFCs compared to the American KFC.

She was also shocked to discover that the takeaway food was paired with Diet Pepsi and scones.

“One thing that's weird over here is that they sell Diet Pepsi, not Pepsi Max,” Bec can be heard explaining in the video.

dPKrzEWu6GHY2gFEF7uPA3pRRKdbFVzHk0ba_r8HwMe_jz-4HMQqcJaSXyDK-sTq5t1OtZsWpopNDslFWlDZv3fSsBkvu3PcA7yP-pghGdWuqHVQLJvK9Ex4GrT21VmOwnAMF57Zd9yvpNbwq5M
kYG5Qs8y7QCB5xbH3g9ceiQehj91iud_TruHayy3xpkDRiaQhLdeH2zOJ6Z98Rnbc1rDQMc2Qv4io8t4sgN-fS7QFWY2J6m3wapVOI1Jo_UbxPElE0Kb_34z8EqC47u_Z5RVGmIa92u3f6JanM4

American KFC burger. Image Credit: @bechardgrave

“I had to try the KFC sauce with the chips and it was pretty good but KFC Australia chips are better,”

Bec and her partner Tim also got their hands on a burger but they were taken aback after finding out that it looked like a 'dinner roll' that’s half the size of a regular Aussie KFC burger.

“It was so tiny! Tim was so disappointed,” Bec said, holding up the burger to the camera to show her viewers how small it was.

Moving on to judging the chicken strips, Bec took a bite and said: “We got the secret recipe chicken which, once again, wasn't as good as Aussie KFC,”

Another bemusing difference that Bec pointed out was how Americans called scones 'biscuits', saying: “They sell ‘biscuits’... Which are literally scones and it was so weird having it savoury instead of with jam and butter.”

Pr07jSWRdj7or4ttH8MI6PVcTuPFm8fNic0HJAZMCswr5OJV-NbzFjNuv6De5MokrkKBCcvyUp_lVV008YFUy0AWpPIWvRGMHwlmfcKhq6PkSqMwPzsceSpzXTOv2kpiB9r7aYUv0Vi1fxEsiNg
BA0HudvvKx5Ui2UjEMHKQH5rvdbde-sNljoDXJtUr_M2lYEoiB_Kv0TivCUzkGxRFbv3qZaBJ0MbeURAP-v2ii9hScomiKZ4JSqGrL_4v1-JD_82TzafIkTwmOViPyRohX-RGOg1Fa7X-s0MEMo

They are scones NOT biscuits. Image Credit: @bechardgrave

Bec’s TikTok video amassed more than 287,000 views and 19,000 likes, with fellow Aussies flocking to the comments to share their own experiences and thoughts about the major fast-food chain in the US.

“My son cried when we went to KFC in the USA as it was so bad…” one person wrote.
“America’s gun control is better than their food quality control.” teased another.

“They serve wedges instead of chips.” said a third, while a fourth added: “The fact that only Australia and New Zealand have special salt for the chips just blows my mind!”

“Yes as a Mexican American living in Oz, I can confirm that KFC here in Oz is better – and the Maccas and HJ’s (Hungry Jacks, known as Burger King in the US).” commented another.

Other Aussies proudly stated in the comments that Australian KFC is simply the best, with one saying: “I’ve tried KFC in three other countries and Australia’s is just superior.”

“Nobody does KFC like Australia!” another person exclaimed.

Have you had the chance to try KFC in different countries? How do they compare to Australia’s KFC? Share your thoughts with us in the comments!

Video Credit: @bechardgrave

Reactions: Ezzy and Ricci
Sponsored
Let’s face it – fast food meals aren’t exactly the best and healthiest food options out there, but they are a guilty pleasure for some of us and we all give in to a finger-lickin’ good piece of greasy fried chicken from time to time (talk about foreshadowing).

Even though we technically share many of the same exact fast-food chains (such as McDonald’s, Starbucks, and KFC) with everyone else across the world, fast-food menus can vary in taste, size, and availability of special items from one location to another.

Recently pitting Mcdonald’s meals in the UK to the Australian menu, one of our favourite health coaches here at the SDC, Bec Hardgrave, took things up a notch and provided us with a brutal review of American KFC meals – and we’re all for it.

Bec shared her feedback on TikTok, admitting that she preferred the chips, burgers, and chicken served in Australian KFCs compared to the American KFC.

She was also shocked to discover that the takeaway food was paired with Diet Pepsi and scones.

“One thing that's weird over here is that they sell Diet Pepsi, not Pepsi Max,” Bec can be heard explaining in the video.

dPKrzEWu6GHY2gFEF7uPA3pRRKdbFVzHk0ba_r8HwMe_jz-4HMQqcJaSXyDK-sTq5t1OtZsWpopNDslFWlDZv3fSsBkvu3PcA7yP-pghGdWuqHVQLJvK9Ex4GrT21VmOwnAMF57Zd9yvpNbwq5M
kYG5Qs8y7QCB5xbH3g9ceiQehj91iud_TruHayy3xpkDRiaQhLdeH2zOJ6Z98Rnbc1rDQMc2Qv4io8t4sgN-fS7QFWY2J6m3wapVOI1Jo_UbxPElE0Kb_34z8EqC47u_Z5RVGmIa92u3f6JanM4

“I had to try the KFC sauce with the chips and it was pretty good but KFC Australia chips are better,”

Bec and her partner Tim also got their hands on a burger but they were taken aback after finding out that it looked like a 'dinner roll' that’s half the size of a regular Aussie KFC burger.

“It was so tiny! Tim was so disappointed,” Bec said, holding up the burger to the camera to show her viewers how small it was.

Moving on to judging the chicken strips, Bec took a bite and said: “We got the secret recipe chicken which, once again, wasn't as good as Aussie KFC,”

Another bemusing difference that Bec pointed out was how Americans called scones 'biscuits', saying: “They sell ‘biscuits’... Which are literally scones and it was so weird having it savoury instead of with jam and butter.”

Pr07jSWRdj7or4ttH8MI6PVcTuPFm8fNic0HJAZMCswr5OJV-NbzFjNuv6De5MokrkKBCcvyUp_lVV008YFUy0AWpPIWvRGMHwlmfcKhq6PkSqMwPzsceSpzXTOv2kpiB9r7aYUv0Vi1fxEsiNg
BA0HudvvKx5Ui2UjEMHKQH5rvdbde-sNljoDXJtUr_M2lYEoiB_Kv0TivCUzkGxRFbv3qZaBJ0MbeURAP-v2ii9hScomiKZ4JSqGrL_4v1-JD_82TzafIkTwmOViPyRohX-RGOg1Fa7X-s0MEMo

Bec’s TikTok video amassed more than 287,000 views and 19,000 likes, with fellow Aussies flocking to the comments to share their own experiences and thoughts about the major fast-food chain in the US.

“My son cried when we went to KFC in the USA as it was so bad…” one person wrote.
“America’s gun control is better than their food quality control.” teased another.

“They serve wedges instead of chips.” said a third, while a fourth added: “The fact that only Australia and New Zealand have special salt for the chips just blows my mind!”

“Yes as a Mexican American living in Oz, I can confirm that KFC here in Oz is better – and the Maccas and HJ’s (Hungry Jacks, known as Burger King in the US).” commented another.

Other Aussies proudly stated in the comments that Australian KFC is simply the best, with one saying: “I’ve tried KFC in three other countries and Australia’s is just superior.”

Have you had the chance to try KFC in different countries? How do they compare to Australia’s KFC? Share your thoughts with us in the comments!

We lived in LA for 10 years and their KFC has MSG as well as being fatty! Not good at all….The scones are Biscuits. That’s what people down south have with Fried chicken 🍗

Reactions: Ricci
Not being a lover of KFC I don't eat it here so I'm definitely not going to rush to a foreign one but it's good to know that ours is superior.:)

KFC Original recipe is far less greasy in the UK than what we get here in Oz. In years gone by KFC in the UK sold baked beans as a side. Never knew that fact. Sounds good!

Reactions: Julia TH and Ricci

The KFC in Bali had tiny chicken pieces when I visited some 40 years ago. All I wanted was some recognisable food. Very disappointing.

An adult ex-student of mine told me that KFC Kentucky didn't sell chicken pieces, only burgers and other formed items. KFC stands for Kentucky Fried Chicken for goodness sake. The Colonel would be turning in his grave. 😆

Give me Aussie Food any day.

Reactions: Senor and Ricci
Everyone goes to Chick-a-filla in the States, the drive thru are miles long before they are even open and the worst thing is they are not open on Sundays. Why you might ask, because the chicken is so nice and not greasy like all the other junk food places in the US

I will never know why some people down food that they moan about, but put up with it because they don't want to cook. We all make choices but I for one will worry about what gets to my stomach every minute. I value my life enough to condecend to MAKE time to cook something palatable that will pass through the channels of my body safely. I can do without diarrhoea, constipation & the likes of fatty foods very much thank you. If no one offers you a good home meal to eat you,;ve missed out. So what!!!

My fast food obsessed daughter and son-in-law spent 12 months working in America and they are both adamant that American fast food is all "absolute junk" and that's really saying something especially when I consider they live on junk here at home in Oz.

My late husband (a professional athlete who ate KFC & Maccas - go figure! He never had a weight problem......) often bought KFC when travelling overseas hoping someone's would be as good as Australia's can be (when fresh & cooked properly) but it never was so we gave up - lol. He also classed chocolate as an essential food group 😂