That's clever. Thanks for clearing that up. I trust littleboy is a very contented cat.🔭:)
Absolutely loves his mum.6 years ago this Xmas I walked in the front door of my unit and he walked in the back door And never left he’s my bestest buddy.😍😍

• Love
Reactions: Jarred Santos
That is sweet. I guess you two were meant to be. The number 8 has been very good for me. I was born on the 8th November.
I’m 1st July 1958🤩see there’s an 8 in there.🦀funny thing is he’s my my 3rd black and white stray I’ve had over forty years. Wierd😁and all the other strays I feed who pass through are orangey coloured.😁

Last edited:
Hi Maddison, I'd be more than happy to pass on any knowledge I possess.
Jarred, the furthest object I've observed is the Andromeda Galaxy. It is 2.5 million light years from Earth and approx 152,000 light years in diameter.

A light year is a measurement in distance. It is the distance light travels in 1 year through the vacuum of space.

One light year = 9,460,700,000,000 kilometers. That is, 9 trillion, 460 billion, 700 million kilometers.

That is a long way.

Multiply the just mentioned k/lm light year distance by 2.5 million, and that is how far away Andromeda is. I couldn't even begin to say the answer, I doubt anyone could. That is why Astronomers use light years as a distance guide. It is called the Andromeda Galaxy because it sits in the northern constellation of Andromeda.

My scopes will easily see further, as indeed, most others will.
Long way indeed! I can't wrap my head around the sheer magnitude of the distance involved... and that you can 'see' all the way there. Who's to say there isn't anything looking back at us from Andromeda, eh?

That is sweet. I guess you two were meant to be. The number 8 has been very good for me. I was born on the 8th November.
Oh, and belated happy birthday @nickname! We sincerely hope you had a great day :D

Reactions: Littleboy8
Long way indeed! I can't wrap my head around the sheer magnitude of the distance involved... and that you can 'see' all the way there. Who's to say there isn't anything looking back at us from Andromeda, eh?

Oh, and belated happy birthday @nickname! We sincerely hope you had a great day :D
Oh yeah good pickup jarrod it didn’t click with me. Lost in space again but everydays the same to me😁happy 🎁 nickname. Nick🤔name🦀

Thank you Jarred. The magnitude of distance in the universe is so immense. The Cosmic Background Radiation (a left over from the big bang) gives an approx diameter of the universe at 23 trillion light years. The observable universe, from Earth, is about 93 billion light years. Vast distances indeed.

When I was a very young lad ....around 6-7 I would set up a tent in our backyard and spend the night outside looking at the amazing number of stars in the sky....eventually falling asleep back in the tent. Even though we lived only 10kms from the centre of Melbourne the skies back in those days were crystal clear with no pollution like we have today, and even the lighting was almost negligible because there were only the very odd street light to light up the streets in those days. Have been fascinated with Astrology ever since, but not to the same extent as @nickname unfortunately....envious to the core at what he has accomplished and with the equipment he has at his disposal. 🔭 Lucky man. 😱😛😉

Oh yeah good pickup jarrod it didn’t click with me. Lost in space again but everydays the same to me😁happy 🎁 nickname. Nick🤔name🦀
Thank you @Littleboy8, much appreciated. Every day is much the same to me also since I retired (6 months ago).
I attach a diagram taken from an astronomy software for you. I shows you what your star sign looks like in the night sky. Cancer is high overhead, but towards the north horizon, nestled between Gemini to it's west and Leo to it's east. This is how it appears on 10th April at 7.16 pm.

Attachments

• stellarium-001.jpeg
    stellarium-001.jpeg
    59.8 KB · Views: 0
When I was a very young lad ....around 6-7 I would set up a tent in our backyard and spend the night outside looking at the amazing number of stars in the sky....eventually falling asleep back in the tent. Even though we lived only 10kms from the centre of Melbourne the skies back in those days were crystal clear with no pollution like we have today, and even the lighting was almost negligible because there were only the very odd street light to light up the streets in those days. Have been fascinated with Astrology ever since, but not to the same extent as @nickname unfortunately....envious to the core at what he has accomplished and with the equipment he has at his disposal. 🔭 Lucky man. 😱😛😉
Thank you @magpie1. At least you did go out and appreciate the wonders of the night sky. Astronomy is a fascinating subject, always presenting something new.

Thank you @Littleboy8, much appreciated. Every day is much the same to me also since I retired (6 months ago).
I attach a diagram taken from an astronomy software for you. I shows you what your star sign looks like in the night sky. Cancer is high overhead, but towards the north horizon, nestled between Gemini to it's west and Leo to it's east. This is how it appears on 10th April at 7.16 pm.
ps nickname was an easy username to come up with. My name is Nick.

Omg I’m nestled between ex husband Gemini and dead lover Leo that’s wierd.🤔

• Haha