Arnott's reveals the most popular biscuit in every Aussie state - here are the results!

Arnott's, the much-loved Australian biscuit company, has revealed the tasty treat that was most popular in each state throughout 2022.

The results might surprise you – especially when you consider that Arnott's most iconic biscuit, the Tim Tam, didn't make it to first place!

According to sales data collected from January to October, the versatile Jatz biscuit was crowned the most popular biscuit across the board. The only exception was Tasmania, where BBQ Shapes reigned supreme. (It was a tough match, we have to say!)

The treasured scalloped-edge biscuit – also branded as Savoy in Victoria and Tasmania – is deemed to be an Australian all-rounder. Arnott's has sold almost 23 million packs of Jatz and Savoy this year; in fact, according to the findings, as many as one-third of Australian households currently have a box in their pantry.

Screen Shot 2022-12-07 at 10.16.17 AM.png
These three biscuits from Arnott's came out on top of the company's year-end survey. Credit: Arnott's.

Even though Tim Tam didn't come out on top overall, it did make it to second place in New South Wales – which just goes to show that Aussies around the country still love a packet of something sweet every now and then. We're guilty!

As we continue down the list, we learn more and more about modern Aussie preferences and the treats that most of us can't get enough of right now.

Shapes Barbecue finished in second place, just behind Jatz/Savoy, in Victoria, South Australia, and Western Australia, while in Queensland, Shapes Chicken Crimpy took home the silver. Sugary treats tend to be more popular in New South Wales, with Tim Tam biscuits coming in second and Scotch Fingers entering their top five favourites.

Over the course of its more than 150-year history, Arnott's has become a household name thanks to the brand's ability to bring Aussies together over a shared love of biscuits. We're not surprised that this list of their most popular biscuits reflects that!

The Arnott company has been making biscuits since the nineteenth century, and they have always been made with the highest quality ingredients. This relentless pursuit of excellence is what helped make the company successful.

Screen Shot 2022-12-07 at 10.16.08 AM.png
Arnott's has become a household name in Australia. Credit: Facebook/Arnott's Biscuits.

Many of these ingredients are found locally, and the brand is happy to say that it only uses products from farms in Australia and New Zealand.

By doing so, Arnott's ensures the quality of the products they sell and also helps local farmers and business owners turn a profit from selling their goods. The best of both worlds!

So what do you think, members? Were you surprised by any of the results? Aside from these top three biscuits, do you have other Arnott's favourites that did not make it to the list?

Let us know in the comments! You never know—you might discover that you and a fellow member share the same love for the snack.

Sponsored
I am surprised about Jatz too...I avoid them.

I buy chocolate ripple biscuits to make chocolate ripple cakes.
I buy ginger nuts, butternuts, malt and Marie biscuits to use when cooking.....slices, bases for cheesecakes etc.

Savoy and Jatz are not the same. Savoy is a harder, flintier biscuit. I prefer this to Jatz.

Clix is my favourite with cheese and kabana, the buttery taste is better than Savoy or Jatz.
Monte Carlo, Lemon Crisp, and Kingstons are my sweet ones

Reactions: Reaper123
We love Butternut snaps and Venetian ( my Auntie always had Venetian biscuits, a special memory for me). Have a packet of Chocolate Royals in the pantry.

What companies does Kohlberg Kravis and Roberts own?

Pages in category "Kohlberg Kravis Roberts companies"
  • Academy Sports + Outdoors.
  • ACCIONA Energía.
  • Alliance Boots.
  • Alludo.
  • America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses.
  • Aricent.
  • Arnott's Biscuits.

We love Butternut snaps and Venetian ( my Auntie always had Venetian biscuits, a special memory for me). Have a packet of Chocolate Royals in the pantry.
i don't feel that my pantry stock is complete if there is not a packet of double choc Tim Tams waiting for me, I also love Gaiety choc biscuits trouble with those is that I can quite easily eat an entire packet in one sitting I blame the wafer inside it is so much lighter than a Tim Tam! Savoury biscuits for cheese or dipsI prefer Ritz to Savoy and my husband will eat any flavour of Shapes except BBQ

i don't feel that my pantry stock is complete if there is not a packet of double choc Tim Tams waiting for me, I also love Gaiety choc biscuits trouble with those is that I can quite easily eat an entire packet in one sitting I blame the wafer inside it is so much lighter than a Tim Tam! Savoury biscuits for cheese or dipsI prefer Ritz to Savoy and my husband will eat any flavour of Shapes except BBQ
Have you noted that double choc Tim Tam versus standard Tim Tams .... packet weight is very similiar however standard pack contains 11 biscuits versus double dipped has only 9 biscuits per pack. I think its clever packaging thats its odd numbers, 1 packet is very difficult to share fairly :)