Are you spending too much on nails? This mum’s budget-friendly and hassle-free solution is perfect for you!

Your nails are one of the first things people notice about you, so it's important to make sure they're looking their best. Whether you're getting them done for a special occasion or just want to keep them looking nice, sprucing up your nails is often time-consuming and expensive!

But, did you know that there's a cheap, hassle-free way to get your nails done in no time?

If you're looking for a quick and easy way to spruce up your nails, press-on nails may be the way to go! These $5 oval-shaped nails from Kmart are becoming a popular option for those who want to avoid the hassle and expense of a professional manicure.

One woman has taken to social media to share how her Kmart "discovery" has helped her get her nails ready before a special occasion.

Sharing the tip in the Kmart Mums Australia Facebook group, the woman wrote: "Not bad ladies…the $5 Kmart oval-shaped press-on nails! Not sure of the wear yet, but they’re great for a quick fix for a special occasion."

"I never would have considered these but saw a friend wear them the other night at dinner and they looked great."

The mum also shared a photo of her stunning nails, prompting other group members to express their excitement and share their personal experiences with the "handy" (pun intended - sorry, you know we can't resist) item.

fj8xQIZo65nPASGt4Y9bWQ4EmHGepDsUaA7zBLw3B8U38Gw0jt_zrjtkh0mj6bn7AYhO8QD6Z8Ql52jh-9-7YwkrFHK0EDU6fbUk894_PrxOmO5VCm7KxBUHLW97_hBj-4YwUTcdw7vhcTcXgiwECQ

Credit: Kmart Mums Australia/Facebook.

One woman wrote: "I got them as well they are sooo good. Lasted me a week. This was the initial length but I did end up cutting shorter."

As noted by many users, applying press-on nails is super easy and they can last for up to a week with proper care. Some users have even reported that they've been able to reuse them multiple times.

"I've been using these for 4-5yrs now. I have never paid for a professional. Definitely need to get a different glue tho. They last up to a week," one user shared.

The claim has caused a number of group members to ask the commenter for the brand of nail glue she uses, to which the woman replied with a screenshot of the $4 nail glue from Kmart.

4_6KqgssCoqFmiFTIZgO8ZCkn_32d2vdhspA03e4Vm_hshRHDlcva6nlECyvmvbK59e4IBIasWo1AYdV_8JRXNlDrl2jsIrZIz4WAi9E9xGGR-IzRtW0y_fJutNDnf4j20fWl7ICqe_f9U2jxA

Credit: Kmart

Some people might be hesitant to try press-on nails, thinking that they won't look natural or that they won't be able to do everyday activities without them breaking. But as one commenter points out, press-on nails have come a long way in recent years and can look very natural.

One woman shared: "They look 100% natural."

And with a variety of colours and styles to choose from, there's sure to be a press-on nail to suit your every need!

Additionally, the press-on nails are surprisingly durable - you can do everything from showering to cleaning to working out without worrying about them breaking as claimed by one woman, writing: "I do everything and anything with them even work."

So, if you're looking for a budget-friendly and hassle-free way to get nice-looking nails, press-ons may be worth a try. You might be surprised at how good they look and how long they last!

Will you be trying this tip? Better yet, have you worn them yourself? Share your experiences with us in the comments below!

We also recommend checking out this video for more reviews on Kmart's press-on nails:

Credit: YouTube/Hillary Chukwu

Reactions: Ricci and BJM
Sponsored
I notice the condition of peoples' fingernails.
Once a Service desk woman was trying to refuse me a return on a product which didn't last for the 12 months it was guaranteed for.
She was behaving all authoritative and tried to bat me down every step of the way.
Then I noticed that she had bitten all her fingernails, so I thought perhaps she is insecure.
I asked to speak with her manager, and she immediately gave me my refund.
There are a few TV celebrities on our Friday night life-style programs who chew their fingernails, which seems a pity to me, as it may indicate emotional stress, nervousness or anxiety.

Reactions: Zoya and Ricci
I have never got my nails done. I have never and never will wear nail polish. I don't even use a file on them as I can't stand the noise or sensation.. They grow, I cut them and that's it.:)

Reactions: RTS and JayKay
Exactly! How do you get them off too? Is the damage to your natural nails so bad that you end up in a cycle of never-ending stick on ?

• Sad
Reactions: Suzy88 and Ricci
I have never got my nails done. I have never and never will wear nail polish. I don't even use a file on them as I can't stand the noise or sensation.. They grow, I cut them and that's it.:)
I also cut my nails when needed. I worked with women who paid $40 each time they attended a nail salon. They struggled to use their keyboards and complained loudly if they had a nail accident.

• Haha
Reactions: Ricci
I’ve used Press-On Nails for over 17 years. Sold in Priceline, the Reject Shop, in the $2 shops (those that survived Lockdowns), and in Chemists. Priceline also sells spare stick-on patches. The glue on plastic nails are also good - just carry the glue or a few spare patches with you in case of accidents.
Craft shops sell plastic boxes with 12-18 sections which are good for storing yr false nails, and good for storing ear-rings, too.

Reactions: Ricci
It's a constant battle, isn't it? But these $5 press-on nails from Kmart sound like a game-changer! I mean, who doesn't love a quick fix for those special occasions? Plus, seeing them in action on someone at dinner? That's the real litmus test for me. I'm all for sharing affordable beauty hacks, so thanks for bringing this to light! And hey, since I'm new here, it's awesome to jump into a conversation with such helpful tips flying around. Has anyone checked out bellecourbeauty.com? I've been eyeing some of their products lately, and I'm curious if anyone has any experience with them.

Last edited: